the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtle-dove
is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree puts forth its figs,
and the vines are in blossom;
they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away.

The beauty of these verses leaves me breathless and in wonder at the intimate love of the Holy One for each of us. Tau, you just posted yesterday about this love for each being:

The individual and universal are inseparable from one another, and are inseparable from the Holy One of Being, the Infinite and Eternal... let us understand that in God’s eyes each of us is the only begotten child, completely unique.

We are in the midst of the burgeoning of new life in the springtime of our land, each flower, each bird, each new life springing forth cries out its uniqueness and joy in living! For me, it's as if I have never seen a flower before, when I gaze upon each new blossom. They are individuals, unrepeatable, different from every other flower of its kind.

The birds, too, sound very different as they call to their mates and to their hungry young ones in the nest. Baby bird cries fill the air, drawing parents with food to them again and again. New sounds, sights, scents, and fresh breezes carrying spring warmth fill this part of the world, a world renewed, filled with life and desire for life!

Surely this is the perfect time of year to celebrate the Feast of the Holy Bride as our land puts on fresh garments of life to meet her Beloved.

Tau once spoke of the difference in intimacy of the world of Spirit and the world of material manifestation. If I recall correctly, they are quite opposite one another. In the physical realm taste and touch are the most intimate, bringing in nourishment to the body and bringing physical bodies into contact for the sexual union from which new physical life arises. All around me I witness these two intimacies that are essential to the continuation of countless species of life on this good earth. Yet Tau spoke of hearing as the most intimate contact in the Realm of Spirit, and of seeing as the second most intimate.

I cannot help but notice that this section of Song of Songs, entitled "Springtime Rhapsody," begins with hearing the voice of the beloved.

The voice of my beloved!
Look, he comes leaping upon the mountains, bounding over the hills.

It seems that a spiritual springtime has come for the bride. Where earlier in this chapter the woman speaks of her desire to taste the food the beloved has for her, and to touch the beloved, now she speaks of hearing and seeing. Something new has happened in her relationship with her beloved. They are not united here, for we are told that her beloved stands "behind our wall, gazing in at the windows, looking through the lattice," but something new has arisen in this delightful dance and the bride can even hear her beloved calling her to come away with him.

I wonder what teachings and insights might be shared about this passage and the joys to which it points in our walk with our Beloved. It seems an excellent contemplation to take up at this time of the Feast of the Holy Bride, too. As our Virginia group takes up this celebration on Saturday, perhaps Mother will move with us in contemplation of this passage and reveal more of the new life to which the Bride is continually called. All as She wishes!

Shalom!
Anna

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Song of Songs 2:8-13 Springtime Rhapsody

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue May 12, 2015 8:52 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua and the Magdalene!

Let’s consider what springtime is in the Sacred Circle, and likewise in the continuum of the eight holy feasts. It is the direction east in the Sacred Circle, the place of dawn, initiation, new conception, and birth – all manner of new beginnings. It’s associated with Archangel Raphael and therefore healing, as well as the Way of Knowledge. On the Tree of Life east is Tiferet, the Sefirah of the Messiah. If we consider the continuum of eight holy feasts, at the outset of spring there is the Feast of the Crucifixion and Resurrection, in the heart of spring is the Feast of the Magdalene, and at the conclusion is the Feast of Ascension and Pentecost. This, of course, ties in very well with the direction east on the Sacred Circle, for the Risen Messiah corresponds with the east, the conception and birth of a new humanity, supernal and divine, and immortal.

Concerning the mysteries of the Holy Bride, the Magdalene, let us speak an open secret and, perchance, a revelation.

Listen and hear, and rejoice in the Holy Shekinah! The Feast of the Magdalene is in the midst of springtime because she stands with the Risen Messiah in the east. As we know, before the coming of the Messiah the Holy Shekinah stood in the west, and she was in exile; when the Messiah appeared in the land, and the resurrection and ascension was made manifest, the Holy Shekinah was brought in from the west to the east, and she was uplifted in return from her long exile.

Understand, along with this movement and the generation of a new humanity in it, so there was the creation of a new heaven and new earth as in springtime opening the way for summer. Remember, in esoteric gospels the world-to-come is called “summer,” winter corresponding with this world and the darkness that rules it.

This is a movement that continues and is ongoing, the Holy Shekinah returning from her long exile, being brought in with every generation that receives the Messiah (Anointing).

Considering this, let us listen and hear the call of the Lord to the Holy Bride, the Holy Shekinah, and to our secret and undying soul: “Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for now the winter is past…” This is the call of the Risen Messiah to Magdalene, and to the people and the land, and when Our Lady and Lord embrace and she is carried up in ascent and ordained as the apostle of apostles in the Palace of the Messiah, so the Shekinah is restored to the east and she is exalted, the Supernal Shekinah being manifest on earth and in heaven. Hallelu Yah! Praise the Lord!

“The voice of my beloved!” This corresponds with nearness and with knowledge, for who can hear and recognize the voice of the Lord save one who is near, familiar, having knowledge of the Lord? This nearness and knowledge, however, is just the beginning of the love of the Lord, the culmination of the love of the Lord is in the experience of conscious union, and the understanding and wisdom that arises in full unification, or reintegration.

“Arise…and come away.”
Indeed, be uplifted, elevated – ascend, and transcend, go beyond beyond. This comes to pass through embodiment, so we may inquire, Come away from what? The answer is in the question, if one considers it. Let us remember the inmost quality of the Infinite One (Ain Sof) is Ain, no-thingness, and we are taught in the Sefer Yetzirah that the Holy Sefirot and Shekinah are inseparable from Ain Sof and that they are Belimah, literally “without what,” without substance. If this is true of the Holy Sefirot and Shekinah, then this is true of all that appears in the heavens and worlds of creation. Thus, we may read this, “Come away from the delusion of what.”

Here we may say, “Come away from what you are not – return to yourself!”

If we understand this we will know it is a call to let go of materiality, or grasping at name and form and personal history, and material things; so long as we are grasping at materiality we cannot return to our true self – Christ, and so cannot return to God.

There is much to play with in this passage, many layers of interpretation, hints at many secret mysteries, but these are a few thoughts I felt inclined to throw out to see 'where the wind might blow.'

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

West to the East

#3 Postby staroath » Wed May 13, 2015 5:10 am

Shalom!

Thank you Anna for posting such a wonderful Song!

What I am finding deeply inspiring is this movement of the Holy Shekinah in exile in the west, being called out by the Risen Messiah and restored to the east, where she is exalted and the Supernal Shekinah is manifest on earth and heaven!

I am appreciating how Tau is pointing out that this movement relates to how we as individuals work with and through the attachment and adversion to name and form and grasping of materiality that seems an inevitable part of the awakening process.

My contemplation of late has been a movement from "let's get this materiality issue (family and financial issues) over so I can get back to being spiritual", which is really quite humorous, into let's transform and uplift exactly what is happening as from God, and that "this so-called problem" is just what the Holy One is giving me now which can be utilized for the full illumination.

Somehow this appears a movement from the west to the east in my mind, so simple and so elegant, each and every day I am increasing grateful for the beauty and Light in the teachings of our Lineage!

I would love any corrections or further insights!

Blessings,
Star

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue May 26, 2015 11:08 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

If we are to make any progress in self-realization it is imperative that we no longer orient ourselves to materiality, nor remain attached to it. Likewise, however, neither can we fall into the all too common error of spiritual peoples who become averse to materiality and the mundane world, and so withdraw from life. We seek an integral self-realization, the supernal experience of Christ Consciousness, and as such we wish neither to be attached nor averse to materiality. Our aim is a dynamic balance of the spiritual and material, or “heaven and earth,” and our intention is to embody the Christ-Spirit in full and to manifest the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.

In the Gnostic Path as taught in our tradition all activities in life can be vehicles for spiritual realization, and all that comes our way in life we view as opportunities to serve the kingdom of heaven and God, and for the tikkune of our soul and the embodiment of the inner aspects of our soul. Naturally, though, a balance needs to be found, and we need to find our way with whatever arises in our life, following our heart and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

No one can say what the right balance of the spiritual and material is for another person. Each of us needs to discern that for ourselves, and as we do we will find that the right balance changes from time to time so it is an ongoing process. To discern the right balance for us in any given cycle of life we need to go within and live within, and seeking the guidance of Christ and the Holy Spirit in us, be willing to go wherever the Christ-Spirit leads us. In this we will do well, and we will be in the good company of the Shekinah of Messiah, the spirits of saints and angels, or tzaddikim and maggidim.

Always we need to remember that through prayer and meditation we will always find our way.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Anna

#5 Postby Anna » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:53 am

Blessings of mercy to all beings this day!

My beloved is like a gazelle
or a young stag.
Look, there he stands
behind our wall,
gazing in at the windows,
looking through the lattice.

Verse 9 speaks of powerful yet graceful characteristics of the Beloved, likening him to a “young stag.” This is not a stag in his prime but one just in the bloom of youth and vigor. “Young” reminds me of Metatron, “the lad,” or “Little Yahweh,” and I wonder if the author had this connection in mind. In another thread, “Tzavaot within Shaddai,” Metatron is described this way:

Metatron is the archangelic emanation of the Ascended Masters and disincarnate tzaddikim, and we may say that he “presides over” their “guardian angels.”

To consider this glorious emanation sent to gaze into the house of the Bride, as messenger and guide sent in what I see as an act of noble and delicate courtship, amplifies contemplations of the unending and infinite love that the Lord has for His Bride. This image of power combined with patience—great restraint—inspires wonder and invokes spiritual pride and spiritual humility at once. How our God loves all creation and longs to pour Godself out for all! Halelu-Yah!

The gazing from behind the wall and in at windows and lattice reminds me of barriers or restrictions of the Light, measures of Light Transmission according to the desire and capacity to receive. What teachings might be held in the imagery of these barriers? They do seem to appear in less and less solid form, from wall to window to lattice.

I pray that there may be further teachings and inspirations shared here about these passages. May all beings open and receive their Holy Soul of Light!
Shalom!
Anna

sheryl
Site Admin

#6 Postby sheryl » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 am

Shalom Sister Anna!

What fun it is to delve into the mysteries of the Song of Songs! I appreciate all your insights and the discussions that they have inspired, Sister! Praise Mother Spirit!

The gazing from behind the wall and in at windows and lattice reminds me of barriers or restrictions of the Light, measures of Light Transmission according to the desire and capacity to receive. What teachings might be held in the imagery of these barriers? They do seem to appear in less and less solid form, from wall to window to lattice.

I believe that you are on to something here. In looking at the Hebrew behind wall and lattice, this is found:

Wall comes from the Hebrew kothel which is only used this one time in scripture and said to be a wall as in a wall of our house. Note is made in the Lexicon that kothel comes from an unused root that means to compact; a wall (as gathering inmates):—wall.

Lattice comes from the Hebrew cherek which also is only used this one time in scripture and said to actually mean net, and, get this, originates from the root charak, which is a verb meaning to set into action, to braid.

It comes to mind that wall might be referring to veil -- something that is taught to be an inherent part of creation, an intended separation, to allow for the individuation of the sparks within all of humanity. And then perhaps lattice is referring to the karmic matrix, that humanity, that we create, in the process of individuation.

What is so stunning here, so marvelous, is the thought that our Beloved gazes at us from the other side of these spiritual barriers! What a delight to contemplate!

Thank you, Sister Anna, for sharing this!

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Anna

#7 Postby Anna » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:22 am

Blessings of Springtime, of fresh beginnings and wholeness of being to all!

As spring comes to our land, renewing her mantle of life, I contemplate the teachings and insights shared here. As life springs forth from its hiding place in winter, I see the woman recognizing her Beloved gazing into her, through the barriers of wall, window and lattice. The Beloved recognizes her as she is in truth, seeing beyond the delusions that surround her, that she clings to in name, form and personal history.

These veils seem necessary shields that allow us to grow into who we are in God, letting go of attachment, aversion and self-grasping. I appreciate that we are not to shun the material aspects of our life and outer soul, but to uplift and integrate all of these into Light Continuum. Without the outer aspects there is no fullness of life, no embodiment.

The gaze of tzaddik penetrates through our veils to show us what is possible, to help us see what we are not so that we can grow into who we are. It seems that this gentle yet powerful gaze melts the delusion of separation for a moment, revealing barriers for what they are- Belimah, without substance. With Sheryl, I wonder why these particular symbols of wall, window and lattice are used to speak of the barriers through which the Beloved gazes.

I also wonder if the point is not to tear down these barriers but to use them as tools in our service to God as conscious agents of the Christ Spirit. When I grasp at obstructions, I am affirming my belief in their "true existence." When I push them away I am doing the same thing. In cleaving to God I neither have to grasp or push away. Then these things return to what they are, liberated into the Beloved and into the service of the Kingdom of Heaven.

What insights and corrections may be further shared of drawing the bride out of her exile and into unification with the Beloved?

Thank you!
Shalom!
Anna

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

The Hunt

#8 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Shalom Friends!

The voice of my beloved!
Look, he comes,
leaping upon the mountains,
bounding over the hills.
My beloved is like a gazelle
or a young stag.
Look, there he stands
behind our wall,
gazing in at the windows,
looking through the lattice.

The loveliness of all your insights are just now catching up with me, particularly in regards to the wall, the windows, and the veil of lattice behind which the Beloved is looking. Layers indeed! Following the example of midrashim and Talmud whenever quoting Song of Songs, we have every freedom to read this text hyperliterally. She is speaking of a young hart, ayal אַיָּלִ; the word here in the plural with a Hebrew letter He makes haayalim הָֽאַיָּלִים which just happens to be the same spelling rearranged for Elohim. Wild!

While I'm not inclined to limit the wall, windows, and lattice to any specific kinds of veils, I'm thoroughly enjoying the humility this verse invokes. Who first sees the Beloved as the Beloved is, without barriers of any kind? Barriers are the Holy One's compassion, for no one sees my face and lives (Exodus 33:20). The lattice this barrier implies is a unique word appearing only once in this verse in all the Bible. Kharakim חֲרַכִּים is also net or mesh, coming from its root word connoting hunting or trapping. Any subtle sense of the hunt shifts my hearing of the verse to compare the Beloved to a gazelle who gazes through netting or mesh. Who is hunting whom? When the hunt is joined with the play of desire, this verse heats up even more quickly!

May the Beloved capture his Beloved!

Elder Gideon

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”