Uplifting Feelings of Lack

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:08 am

“Your ointments yield sweet fragrance, your name is like emptied oil; therefore the maidens love you”
(Song of Solomon 1:3).

These ointments, of course, correspond with the shefa, or everflows, of the Holy Sefirot, and specifically Yesod, the Holy Tzaddik, receiving the influxes of the upper Sefirot and imparting them to Malkut, Anointed Community. In turn, Malkut sustains the worlds, and through Anointed Community the people and the land, and the entire world are blessed and uplifted.

This esoteric teaching inspired by this verse could be drawn out further, but there is another teaching contained in this verse that it seems important to draw out. The two teachings, though, are connected, as we shall see.

“Your ointments yield sweet fragrance,” this corresponds with God drawing us close, and the Spirit of God uplifting our soul in ascent, a higher consciousness and greater intelligence. “Your name is like emptied oil,” this corresponds with God withdrawing from us, and in effect this happens every time God draws us close, God then “withdraws.” How may we understand this? Consider a parent teaching a toddler to walk, and playing with them. The parent initially supports the child, helping them walk and encouraging them, and then lets go and steps back just a bit, continuing to encourage the child and welcome the child, and praising the child along the way. The child desires the parent’s embrace as before, and so one step after another walks to the parent, and periodically the parent will embrace the child, affirming them as the session continues, and certainly will do so when the child has reached their limit and the child has done all that they can do.

Something similar happens in the play of nearness and unification with God, and the ascent of our soul into higher gradations of consciousness and intelligence. As we draw nearer, or as we experience unification, swiftly we become aware of the possibility of an even greater nearness or intimacy, and becoming aware we begin to desire it and yearn for it. Likewise, when we ascend into a new and higher grade of consciousness and intelligence with it will come the awareness of an even loftier grade and, as such the desire and yearning for it will arise. This of course, brings feelings of lack or feelings of being incomplete, and relatively speaking, these feelings are natural and there is truth in them.

What if our feelings of lack are just like our experience of aloneness, an innate part of our experience and the expression of an essential truth? You see, there are always greater gradations of nearness and unification, and loftier gradations of higher consciousness and intelligence, and understanding this we always wish to aspire to be and become all that we can be in the Messiah (Anointing); hence the teaching of St. Paul, “Always seek a better resurrection.” In order to do this we cannot think that we are realized, that our journey is complete, or that we have arrived at the goal, regardless of how lofty a state of Christ or God Consciousness we might taste or glimpse. Rather, in spiritual humility we wish to embrace the awareness of lack, or incompleteness, and seek our fullness and completion in Christ and God, always laboring and striving towards the next gradation of nearness or unification, and higher consciousness and intelligence, desiring a perpetual growth and evolution of our soul. This is life in the Christ-Spirit, a conscious evolution to be and become all that we can be throughout our lives.

In the same way, aware of our lack, we may turn to God and invoke and pray, and in this we may draw in the “ointments,” the everflows, for ourselves, and for the people and the land. In this the two teachings connect.

This is a very important teaching, and more so a very important practice. As we all know, the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation, is very powerful in this world and it is strong in all of us, and often it becomes a severe barrier to our progress, spiritual and material. If, however, we interpret it and relate with it in a different way, and we direct it in a different way, then it can be uplifted and transformed into an instrument of greater spiritual realization, or a “better resurrection.”

Thus, let us never give in to thinking we have attained the “highest grade,” or the “highest enlightenment,” but rather, let us be aware of the endless grades beyond, and continue our aspiration and labor in faith, hope and love, understanding that being empty of ourselves, the Spirit of God will fill us, and the Spirit of God will fulfill and complete all of our aspirations and works.

Understand, as you are in yourself, there is lack, there is incompletion, but you as you are in God, is fullness and complete – perfect. It’s the Spirit of God that unites these two parts of our being, and that unites our integral being with Christ in God, accomplishing the Great Work in us.

In closing I’m inclined to share a thought that’s part of another teaching, though deeply connected with this teaching. As I am in myself I cannot do good, but rather as I am in God I am able to do good. In truth, it is not we who do good works, study and contemplate, pray and meditate, and worship in the spirit and truth, but rather, it is Christ and the Holy Spirit in us that do all of these things, and that accomplishes and completes all of our labors. Consider this, and seek to understand!

O Holy One, lead us in the Way, guide us in the paths of righteousness, and let Your will be manifest in us; uplift us in return to You so that we might be empowered to uplift others. Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Penelope

Re: Uplifting Feelings of Lack

#2 Postby Penelope » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:45 am

Praise Ma for this beautiful teaching!

What I hear is that, these feelings we get, have a truth to them but we interpret them upside down or from a very limited angle. Similarly, the teaching of our fear of being nothing has within it the truth that we are no thing, and being such, we are free from limitations of I am this something.

This feeling of separation, and the feeling of lack that accompanies it, turned right-side up, is the joyful message that there is always more. Praise Ma, we have experienced this closeness. Praise Ma, there will always be a greater unity we can experience.

May all beings be blessed with this knowing!

Shalom,
Penelope

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Perfect

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:15 am

Shalom!

Understand, as you are in yourself, there is lack, there is incompletion, but you as you are in God, is fullness and complete – perfect. It’s the Spirit of God that unites these two parts of our being, and that unites our integral being with Christ in God, accomplishing the Great Work in us.

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said to him, ‘I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless (Genesis 17:1).

Blameless is Tamim, תָמִֽים: Unblemished, whole, sincere, upright, sound.

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48).

Perfect is Tam, תָּם: Completeness, integrity, undefiled, describing Jacob (versus Esau), and Job, as well as

My dove, my perfect one, is the only one,
the darling of her mother,
flawless to her that bore her.
The maidens saw her and called her happy;
the queens and concubines also, and they praised her
(Song of Solomon 6:9).

This perfection of which you speak, Tau Malachi, is very healing and necessary in times of natural restrictions of consciousness. Who I am as I am in the Holy One is perfect, complete, lacking nothing. The shift to myself as I am in myself is an inevitable shift towards lack. I used to think this was a problem, like I'd become distracted or lost something altogether. Now I hear this lack as humility, being who I am as I am in myself. It's entirely natural and honest, keeping me 'real'.

The Zohar speaks beautifully of tamim in the context [1:200b] of Joseph's arrest of his brothers, proposing a radical claim that idol-worshipping gentiles who live in peace avert judgment. The word for such peace shelamim, שְׁלֵמִים, is also defined as complete: "If they are complete shelamim—Israel, to whom the Blessed Holy One has granted an enduring covenant, to be guarded constantly, through which a human becomes complete on all sides, above and below. If one does not guard it, [that one] is defective, totally defective. How do we know? As is written: Walk before me, and be תָמִֽים tamim (Genesis 17:1). What is tamim? Complete—for until the covenant is established in [that one], [that one] is defective. Therefore, if they are complete—guarding this commandment to be complete and not be defective.

Tamim as a contemplation of Tau or Tzaddik occupied us during our retreat last week. It's Hebrew is very beautiful, all the more so now when combined with another word for complete, shelamim. The spelling for waters מִים feature in both of these words, suggesting a union of what is upper and lower, inner and outer. This goes even farther when I remember that Mother and Daughter are linked with upper and lower dimensions of one Shekinah. Neshamah and nefesh are also inseparable with these partzufim within each of our souls.

What more may we draw out of this perfection and completion, tamim and shelamim as we are in the Most High in light of our inevitable running and returning between lack in our ourselves?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Kathleen

#4 Postby Kathleen » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:08 am

Penelope wrote:This perfection of which you speak, Tau Malachi, is very healing and necessary in times of natural restrictions of consciousness. Who I am as I am in the Holy One is perfect, complete, lacking nothing. The shift to myself as I am in myself is an inevitable shift towards lack. I used to think this was a problem, like I'd become distracted or lost something altogether. Now I hear this lack as humility, being who I am as I am in myself. It's entirely natural and honest, keeping me 'real'.

Greetings to all in Hayyah Messiah,

This brings to mind something I was reading yesterday on the "concealment" of the Most High, and the way in which this concealment reveals what otherwise could not be seen by the naked eye, much as we cannot gaze upon the physical sun but through a glass darkly. The times of a 'shift to myself as I am in myself' could perhaps be seen as a necessary dimming of vision which ultimately reveals in shadow what otherwise would blind us if looked upon directly.

During times of feeling incomplete and alone perhaps we've glimpsed this: a vision of something seen as though through a glass darkly; inarticulate, filling us with longing and a knowing we cannot say yet, and yet "seen" nevertheless.

Does this resonate? And is there more that could be said of this?

Gratefully,

Kathleen

sheryl
Site Admin

#5 Postby sheryl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:43 am

Shalom Kathleen!

Your marvelous insight touches on a couple of key understandings in our tradition regarding the existence of this shadow-land, this material world.

In order for creation to arise God had to restrain GodSelf, to create a place, a womb, for creation to come into being-- without being overwhelmed. The Light of God in full force would cause creation, would cause us, to simply go *poof*. Or as has recently been taught, would cause us in our impure state to be nullified. Light thus is restrained so that form can arise and can evolve, necessitating clouds and veils in our consciousness, which blind us from seeing, from knowing, our true self, or who we are in God.

This creates a delusion of separation from God, and creation then arises in impurity, consciousness evolves in impurity. This delusion of separation gives rise to the feelings of lack of which Tau Malachi speaks in the above post.

In this recent teaching, Tau Malachi has given us a new twist, offering us the perspective that in my hearing says that the feelings we have of lacking are not a delusion--as who we are in ourselves we do lack. And even if we cannot see or discern this inner man within us -- as Apostle Paul speaks in Romans 7, even if we do not yet remember who we are in God, I am hearing in what you are sharing, Kathleen, that we might intuit something of our true self. Perhaps we can say that this intuition of who we are in God causes us, in not knowing our true self, to feel that something within us is wrong, is off?

It comes to mind that this aspect or consequence of the delusion of separation is part of the divine design of creation, having purpose, which brings a new hearing in the story of the prodigal son. When the prodigal son returns to his father's house, we are told of another son, one who never left, one who begins to question the rejoicing at the return of the wayward son. But without leaving, how would a son know that in himself, without his father and his father's house, he lacks?

Without the delusion of separation how would the sparks of consciousness in creation learn that in themselves, without God and God's house, they lack?

Without the delusion of separation how would humility or meekness arise?

Thank you Tau Malachi and friends for these stirring thoughts. Praise to Mother Spirit!

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:05 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

“For now we see in a mirror darkly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been known” (1 Corinthians 13:120).

This, indeed, indicates the reality of who I am in myself versus who I am in God (El, Elohim), and already I am unified with Christ in God, whether or not in the moment I am aware of my being in God, or aware that God is with me. Thus St. Paul goes on to speak of faith, hope and love, and praises love as the greatest of all gifts, love, or charity, expressing the innate perfection of who and what I am in the Most High (Elyon).

In moments when feelings of lack arise we need to abide in our faith, cleaving to Christ, and abide in hope of our innate perfection and completion in Christ – hope of our resurrection and ascension in Christ; having such faith and hope, feelings of lack become spiritual humility, and yearning for the experience of greater nearness and unification, and the feelings of lack may kindle the Sacred Heart – love and compassion, or charity.

In moments when feelings of lack arise, if in humility I will turn to God and bow down, becoming open and sensitive to the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim), then the Spirit of God will uplift me and empowerment, and complete me. The awareness of my being in God may return in this way.

Tamim, “perfection,” “completion,” this is interesting, for if Tau is replaced with Shin it forms the word Shamaim, “heavens,” and in this we may acquire insight into the awareness, experience, of the kingdom of heaven, it’s the experience of wholeness, completion, innate perfection; hence, the awareness, experience, of our being in God.

We may also say that it corresponds with the awareness of Christ, God, within us, and Christ, God, within all things; naturally this awareness corresponds with the experience of wholeness, completion – the innate perfection of all (Kol).

Understand, there are seven heavens, four exterior and three interior, and within and behind them is the “eighth heaven,” the Supernal Abode. From one heaven to another in ascent there is a greater manifestation of the Holy Shekinah, the presence of God, and there is greater holiness, glory and power of God’s presence filling the heaven; from one heaven to another in ascent there is a greater light and love, and it is through faith and hope and love that souls are drawn in ascent, passing from one to another heaven.

In order for a soul to ascend a soul must yearn for the experience of greater light and love, and the experience of greater nearness and unification. This assumes that with an experience of completion the soul will become aware of something more, of something greater, and this will correspond with feelings of lack, or feelings of being incomplete. If these feelings are understood they become a driving force of ascent, but if not understood they can provoke a descent and swift return to incarnation.

Here we may say that the ascension of souls through the seven heavens is an evolution from one state of perfection to another – Tamim, Shamaim; but when there is perfection, completion, with it the awareness of a greater perfection arises, for the Infinite (Ain Sof) is ever beyond – the “evermore.”

Now as we know the earth and the heavens will pass away, but the word of Yahweh, Yeshua, abides eternal, and this word corresponds with the eighth heaven – the Supernal Abode, the Pleroma of Light; this is the World-To-Come, and it is called Tamim Shamaim, the “Perfect Heaven.” Understand, the delight of souls in the World-To-Come in an unquenchable thirst, desire, yearning for greater nearness and unification with the Infinite One; this pure desire itself, free from self-grasping, attachment or aversion, without object, without beginning or end, corresponds with the experience of immeasurable bliss – perfect joy, and in it there is complete peace (tamim shalom). This corresponds with the “Father’s house” within which there are “many mansions” – endless light realms reaching into the Infinite and Primordial.

In Tamim Shamaim, however, this holy desire arises not from the sense of lack, but from the awareness of fullness, the experience of gazing face to face, and knowing in full as we have been known; hence, it is the play of desire in the state of Non-dual Radiant Awareness, or Supernal Consciousness.

If you consider this, this truth is in Nechash, the Serpent, and Messiah, the Anointed, equaling the same number, 358, indicating that the force that binds is the force that liberates; hence, when the feeling of lack is recognized for what it is, and is uplifted, or when desire is free from self-grasping, attachment and aversion, it becomes a force for the enlightenment and liberation of the soul.

Now the word maim, “water,” is in both tamim and shamaim, and as we know there is purifying power in water; hence the teaching and practice of Yohanan the Baptist of a baptism of repentance (return to God) for the remission of sin, the restoration of the soul to its innate purity, or innate perfection, as it is in Christ and God – the True Light.

In closing consider this. Tau-Maim, the Holy Cross and Living Waters, this corresponds with the realization of the Great Natural Perfection – bornless being, primordial and supernal. Contemplate this well, and understand!

May we be blessed and empowered with the holy remembrance of our being in Christ and God, and so live according to our faith and knowledge, loving as we have been loved. Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

Unquenchable desire- the Path

#7 Postby staroath » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:49 am

Praise God for the gift of a Living Lineage and tradition- for our forum and a teacher who shows us the way to transform a phrase like "delusion of lack" from the incorrect idea that "I am doing this all wrong" into a potential method for uplifting sparks in our selves and this world!

As has been spoken elsewhere by Tau- "there is no creature in heaven or on earth, nor in the Supernal Abode, that can perceive or comprehend the Infinite One – even the supernal princes and archangels among the orders of angels cannot perceive the Infinite as the Infinite Is."

Praise God! This is a deeper revelation to my hearing and combined with the teaching- "Understand, as you are in yourself, there is lack, there is incompletion, but you as you are in God, is fullness and complete – perfect. It’s the Spirit of God that unites these two parts of our being, and that unites our integral being with Christ in God, accomplishing the Great Work in us."

With greater joy I take comfort that rather than attachment to an impossible goal- great joy and peace can come from the experience of PURE desire itself as spoken by Tau-  "in an unquenchable thirst, desire, yearning for greater nearness and unification with the Infinite One; this pure desire itself, free from self-grasping, attachment or aversion, without object, without beginning or end, corresponds with the experience of immeasurable bliss – perfect joy, and in it there is complete peace (tamim shalom)"

I would love to hear others feelings and expansions on these revelations!

Shalom
Star

sheryl
Site Admin

#8 Postby sheryl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Here we may say that the ascension of souls through the seven heavens is an evolution from one state of perfection to another – Tamim, Shamaim; but when there is perfection, completion, with it the awareness of a greater perfection arises, for the Infinite (Ain Sof) is ever beyond – the “evermore.”

Shalom Beloved Tau and Friends!

I greatly appreciate what you have shared, Tau Malachi, in speaking of an ascension through the heavens as the process of perfection or completion. Your teaching led me to a thread from 2010, where this is discussed in detail. The thread can be found here, but if I might list the heavens and an association with the Beatitudes that are given there which have fueled my contemplations this day.

The First Heaven: Vilon-Tibel: ‘Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven'.

The Second Heaven: Rakiya: ‘Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.'

The Third Heaven: Shehakim: ‘Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.'

The Fourth Heaven: Zebul: ‘Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.'

The Fifth Heaven: Ma'on: ‘Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.'

The Sixth Heaven: Makom: ‘Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.'

The Seventh Heaven: Arabot: ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.'

The Eighth 'Heaven': Supernal Malkut: ‘Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. ‘Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.'

There are associations between the seven heavens and the days of creation and the Ten Commandments as well, adding to our contemplations of Tamin-Shamain.

Something you shared above, Tau Malachi, is stirring some new thoughts. You taught, saying:

Now as we know the earth and the heavens will pass away, but the word of Yahweh, Yeshua, abides eternal, and this word corresponds with the eighth heaven – the Supernal Abode, the Pleroma of Light; this is the World-To-Come, and it is called Tamim Shamaim, the “Perfect Heaven.” Understand, the delight of souls in the World-To-Come in an unquenchable thirst, desire, yearning for greater nearness and unification with the Infinite One; this pure desire itself, free from self-grasping, attachment or aversion, without object, without beginning or end, corresponds with the experience of immeasurable bliss – perfect joy, and in it there is complete peace (tamim shalom). This corresponds with the “Father’s house” within which there are “many mansions” – endless light realms reaching into the Infinite and Primordial.

If I am able to put what is being stirred into words.

All of creation, all that we think, say, do, all of our opinions, ideas, all of the paradigms possible - as manifestations, both bright, dark, admixture, of the Sefirot or Divine Attributes, the Seven Sefirot of Construction in the outer olamot or universes - Beriyah, Yetzirah, and Asiyah - exist as these lower seven heavens. Perhaps we can call all of this points of consciousness, points of kavvanah and devekut. And through all of these points, there is accessibility to what is within and behind it all -- Supernal Maklkut, if we as consciousness, awareness, can let go of it all. It has been taught that our consciousness naturally ascends, if all that is weighing it down is released. For the first time, I am hearing this as the seven heavens below - all the forms that arise in our consciousness, and not being weighted down means that our focus on or our passion for these forms can be directed into what is within and behind them, the Source of All. And since Supernal Malkut is within and behind it all, in Non-Dual Supernal Awareness, up, down, in, out, it is all the same.

All is the same for us when we do not make any of the forms arising in consciousness/awareness idols. When our desire, yearning, for greater nearness and unification exceeds the desire for all else - all of our opinions, all objects of affection, all forms. And so all of the associations with the seven heavens, the Beatitudes, the Ten Commandments, are now being heard as instructions on proper relationship with creation, with form, so that our consciousness will not be weighed down by what is arising within it.

I will be delighted to hear others' thoughts or adjustments to these stirrings.

May living beings attain right relationship with creation so that all will up in the Great Resurrection and Ascension!

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”