Verse 43

PiXie-Jewels

Verse 43

#1 Postby PiXie-Jewels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 am

This particular verse has spoken to me today and Tau Malachi's meditation on it. I think it gives us a great deal to think about and ways we can garner and nurture knowledge, without being distracted.

43) His disciples said to him, "Who are You, that You should say
these things to us?"
<Jesus said to them,> "You do not realize who I am from what
I say to you, but you have become like the Jews, for they
(either) love the tree and hate its fruit or love the fruit and
hate the tree."

We see the struggle of being a disciple and also maintaining a higher awareness in order to gain as much gnosis as possible, we need to keep our internal antenna connected to the reception of the supernal light , overcome negativity and remain always open to knowledge and growth.

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Verse 43

#2 Postby sheryl » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:03 am

Shalom Jewels!

I appreciate what you have shared. It touches on a contemplation that has been swirling since last night's chat with Elder Sarah, about being an authentic human being.

We were discussing another saying in Thomas, saying 66: Jesus said: Show me the stone which the builders rejected; it is the cornerstone and it was drawn out how an authentic human being, even the image of God, is rejected not only in this world, but within ourselves. Tau Malachi's recent teachings on Torah, the Law, are also bringing this out, in how walking with God is foreign in this world, is contrary to the way the world pulls us to walk.

Your keen insight on walking without negativity, always open to knowledge and growth is part of this 'contrary to the world' way.

May we all be made new creations. Walking in the way of God, walking with God.

Shalom,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Verse 43

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Shalom,

If I consider the struggle of being a disciple, it's a struggle for an active and dynamic surrender to the Holy Shekinah, but if we consider it, this active surrender is a struggle to maintain the presence of awareness, an uplifted energy and vibration in consciousness through which the Light Transmission happens and the Holy Spirit moves with, in and through us.

Here, no doubt, there is a teaching concerning feelings of our tzaddik challenging us, and instead of trying to wrestle with our tzaddik, or projecting our difficulties upon them, learning to go within and workout such barriers within ourselves, praying that the Spirit of God might empower us to do so and being willing to receive the instruction and guidance of our tzaddik during those times.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gospel of St. Thomas”