Prolonging Life: Length of Days in Heaven (Proverbs 10:27)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Prolonging Life: Length of Days in Heaven (Proverbs 10:27)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat May 28, 2016 9:43 am

Prolonging Life: Length of Days in Heaven

“The fear of Yahweh prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short”
(Proverbs 10:27).

This verse, along with numerous similar verses in Proverbs contrasting the fates and fortunes of the righteous and wicked in this world, is problematic, for while at times the righteous have length of life and the life of the wicked is short in this world, very often in this world the righteous do not appear to thrive and often die young, while the wicked appear to thrive and live to an old age. It is true, though, that the awareness of the Eternal One and seeking to draw near to the Eternal can bring long life, and that the lack of awareness of the Eternal One, and turning away from the Eternal can cause a soul, in effect, to be “cut off,” their life being shortened. On a spiritual and esoteric level, however, such verses are not speaking of the apparent fates and fortunes of souls in this world, or in a single life, but rather of the play of fate and fortune in the afterlife, and in the ongoing incarnation of souls. Understanding the mysteries of creation, the metaphysics of creation, this verse, and others like it, convey deep wisdom, and they revealed secret mysteries concerning the evolution and realization of souls.

“The fear of Yahweh prolongs life,” the awareness of the Eternal One leads souls to enact righteousness, right thought, right speech and right action, and to enact what is good and true, and in so doing light-power, merit, positive karma, is generated and souls become established in heaven, having a dwelling in the heavens and length of life in the heavens. Conversely, “the years of the wicked will be short,” for they do not enact righteousness, their thoughts, words and actions are not aligned and in harmony with heaven, and they are not established in heaven, but rather they are rooted in the klippot, the Other Side, and so they come to a corresponding end, perhaps in a hungry ghost or hell realm, or perhaps a swift incarnation, having no respite in heaven and no place in the World-That-Is-Coming. God have mercy!

Thus, this verse speaks truth, understanding “long life” as length of days in heaven, and “short life” as a lack of days in heaven, no respite and sanctuary in the heavens. Certainly so, this is true, those who are aware of the Eternal One and live in harmony with the will of the Eternal prolong their life in heaven, and those who do not shorten their life in heaven, or never become established in heaven.

Now as we know, “life” also indicates the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of God is the source of life for all people, the righteous and the wicked alike. Those who fear Yahweh, and yet more those who love Yahweh, receive a greater influx of the Holy Light and Spirit, and conversely those who do not fear Yahweh do not receive a greater influx of the Holy Light and Spirit, for they turn away from it and close themselves off to it; hence, the prolonging of the life of the righteous and the shortening of the life of the wicked.

The reception of the Holy Light and Spirit from above, of course, is directly connected to souls being established in the heavens, so these two esoteric interpretations are intimately connected, and ultimately are one and the same.

Contemplating this verse we may also recalled another verse in Proverbs, “The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of knowledge [da’at]” (1:7). First, understand that Da’at corresponds with all that is revealed and known of the Infinite One and the Supernals (Keter-Hokmah-Binah), and it implies Habad, wisdom, understanding and knowledge - enlightenment. Thus, the prolonging of life corresponds with Da’at, or rather Habad, the wisdom, understanding and knowledge of the Eternal One, nearness and unification with the Eternal, the enlightenment and liberation of the soul in the Messiah - the Anointing. This is the fruition of the reception and embodiment of the Holy Spirit (Ruach Elohim, Ruach Yahweh).

Consider this. The fear of Yahweh, this is the awareness of the Eternal One in nearness, and the love of Yahweh, this is the awareness of the Eternal One in unification; fear and love, two grades of awareness - presence of awareness, and gradations of nearness and unification correspond with higher grades of soul, or more expanded grades of consciousness and the corresponding intelligence (mochin). When souls awaken there is the development of consciousness beyond the body, and likewise, a progressive generation of the presence of awareness throughout all states of consciousness, and specifically in transitions between various states of consciousness, waking consciousness, sleep and dream, and death and the afterlife. If and when there is a presence of awareness in the transition of the soul into sleep and dream, there is no sleep, as such, for an individual abides awake in dreamless sleep and dream, and likewise, if and when there is a presence of awareness in the transition of the soul into death and the afterlife, there is no death, for their is a continuity of awareness, or being and consciousness beyond the body; hence, in effect, life continues and is “prolonged.” Until a soul is fully awake, enlightened, there is sleep and there is death, a repeated fall into unconscious oblivion, unconscious union, and therefore life is “short,” and in general souls are bound up in the ignorance, forgetfulness, the illusion of separation, unaware of their innate unity with the Eternal and Infinite One, unaware of their bornless nature (neshamah).

Although the seven heavens in themselves are not enlightenment, a great virtue of the heavens is that there is no sleep in them, but rather perpetual awareness, and there is no death in them, or rather no fall into unconsciousness as souls depart the heavens and descend, returning to incarnation. On account of this, there is a special blessing of mercy for souls able to enter into heaven, for the good and righteousness realized by a soul is imbued into the incarnation following their respite in heaven, and there will be a strong impulse in them to seek the Holy One during their incarnation, and to continue the evolution and realization of their soul in the Holy One.

May you be blessed with length of days in this world and in heaven! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

Re: Prolonging Life: Length of Days in Heaven (Proverbs 10:2

#2 Postby Bevan » Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi!

There is an innate desire in humans to extend physical life. Our myths imagine a “fountain of youth”. Youth culture manifests new creations that makes the group feel like they could "live forever". Technology seeks to sustain life through scientific innovation. However, this surface only points to something deeper and remains attached to the physical senses, personal history, name and form. In a state of ignorance and lack there is never enough time for the world's ego-dreams. Life is “short”.

What I read is a transcendent vision of faith, wisdom, understanding and knowledge. For if there is no end in eternal life (Ain Sof), then there is no lack or living in the future, only an open space right here, right now, with the potential of Yahweh manifested through Elohim, if we can see with new eyes and hear with new ears. Then we can move with the Spirit of God into an infinite number of moments which “prolongs life”.

What is difficult in this verse is the word “fear”. For I know that:
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love. (1 John 4:18)
Fear separates one into two. It is about judgment, severity and seeking security for self-alone in the midst of limited resources. Love joins and brings wholeness and grace. However, the fear in 1 John appears to be of nefesh behamit. I understand the fear of Yahweh is different.
The fear of Yahweh, this is the awareness of the Eternal One in nearness, and the love of Yahweh, this is the awareness of the Eternal One in unification; fear and love, two grades of awareness - presence of awareness, and gradations of nearness and unification correspond with higher grades of soul, or more expanded grades of consciousness and the corresponding intelligence (mochin).
How does fear manifest as awareness of divine nearness? I know there is no separation in Yahweh and I read this type of fear helps us draw close to God. How does this fear function in us? I think of Moses on the mountain before God:
And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I am full of fear and trembling.” (Hebrews 12:21)
Is it this type of fear that shatters all our knowing and fills us with the glorious light of unknowing?

I am also curious about the statement:
light-power, merit, positive karma, is generated and souls become established in heaven, having a dwelling in the heavens and length of life in the heavens.
What happens in heaven that we would want to rest there and not immediately return to an incarnation to continue the Great Work? In fact, I read that the wicked can receive a “swift incarnation”. Or is the reference to “heaven” about developing consciousness beyond the body?

Clarifications and corrections are welcome.

May the fear of Yahweh move us into nearness,
Bevan.

BrandonLw

Re: Prolonging Life: Length of Days in Heaven (Proverbs 10:2

#3 Postby BrandonLw » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:42 am

Shalom,

Might we speak of a connection between long life, short life and "Short-Tempered One, Zer Anpin" and "Long to Anger, Arik Anpin?"

I see hints in the thread that might elude to "days" that draw in the influence of Arik Anpin. Particularly when the teaching above speaks of influence of neshamah, and the days associated with Da'at, gnosis.

If this is so, this may elude to an interesting means of understanding "long to anger" and the impulse towards heaven a soul may have over many incarnations, as mentioned in the teaching on days. I'm fascinated by this aspect of remembrance and days as drawn from the proverb, that a soul that takes refuge in heavens keeps something of this awareness through incarnations.

Might, "keeping mercy to the thousandth generation" then speak of how incarnations keep some of this impulse of heaven, inclination toward enlightenment? This is a beautiful reminder of the vast process of time within the development of souls, not a timing we might comprehend in anxious, limited thinking (as the above post explores with "never enough time"), apart from gnosis. Even still, it is humbling that a enlightenment process spanning lengths of time behind mortal comprehension is still influenced by the smallest actions, thoughts and speech. This helps me to understand fear and love of God: that there is merciful remembrance beyond mortal knowing, and God without-end, yet how a day is spent with thoughts, speech and action is precious, and truly matters. A life, and it's days, are precious.

Incredible.
Brandon
Sacramento, CA

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Change

#4 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:29 am

New Moon Shalom!

To hear how Tau Malachi corresponds length of days with afterlife is so very helpful, for, with Solomon Tau Malachi observes an ancient question: How do the righteous seem to suffer in a shorter life while the wicked seem to prosper in a longer life? This is yet another dimension of Malkut's complexity. The only resolution between these two conundrums is to regard life not only as here but after.

Many who have no regard for the Divine, scoff at spirituality, or don't 'resonate' with the teachings of the fear of the LORD will nonetheless have to contend with fear. What is being feared but impermanence? Every grief of every loved one brings one that much closer in touch with their own impermanence. This need not be a problem, but that it is a problem betrays the fear of the LORD. What is the LORD but impermanence? That Which Was, Is, and Forever Shall Be is not static but a moving, infinitive verb of ceaseless being. If great change, transition, and even grief are painful, confusing, and disorienting, it is because one is aware they're drawing near to the LORD: Impermanence.

Until a soul is fully awake, enlightened, there is sleep and there is death, a repeated fall into unconscious oblivion, unconscious union, and therefore life is “short,” and in general souls are bound up in the ignorance, forgetfulness, the illusion of separation, unaware of their innate unity with the Eternal and Infinite One, unaware of their bornless nature (neshamah). What is entirely holy to me is how awareness may indwell but not depend upon form whatsoever. The consciousness without need of any reference points is the ground, the "rock" on which the wise builder builds a house. Length of days are for such wise builders who consciously endure change and transition. Foolish builders' days are short, for they are founded upon the I-thought of sand. Because the I-thought is never the same, co-arising with each moment, it is subject to all change. The entire Sermon on the Mount is a heart-essence teaching of the emptiness of self that leads to length of days.

All movements in materiality Pistis Sophia calls chaos and matter. How precisely worded. Life is going one way and suddenly, in a "New York Minute," it's irreversibly changed. I could raise my fist to heaven and cry out against God, but what is happening IS God, is change, is YHVH. These changing faces of Malkut are rooted in her consort, the Six: Short-Tempered One. Currents of Mercy, Judgment, Compassion, Eternity, Radiance, and Reciprocity are strobing, flickering, and pinging endlessly between the collaborative will of the people below and the Most High above. We simply have to follow daily news throughout the world to see how short-tempered is Little Face, Zer Anpin, in whose outer and inner chambers there is grief and change.

Beyond any point into which we can inquire are secret chambers where there is neither grief nor change. These are mysteries of the Great Face, the Long-Tempered One: Arik Anpin. As partzuf of Keter of Atzilut, we're reminded that nothing can be grasped of such vastness. I've heard Tau proportion mysteries of Keter once in Zohar, when he likened Metatron's body to this cosmic cycle and Arik Anpin as the witness of all events of this cosmic cycle. Long-Tempered then seems to suggest a perspective of time that sees everything moving in YHVH towards liberation. How unimaginable that the nightmare that is our own human history is somehow liberative before the Long-Tempered One.

Grounding all of this for me is the constant practice of abiding in change, moving with it, rather than against it. To fear YHVH is to humbly submit to change. As I allow my identity to flux through painful transitions and I gratefully release those I love and even myself to death, my own days are lengthening. What one endures in this life with a good heart, grateful and spacious, is the same consciousness in the afterlife. To love YHVH with all of one's heart, soul, mind, and strength is to unify with change.

May righteous ones grow stronger in change and become sanctuaries of lengthening days.

Elder Gideon

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”