Namaste, (I would love to learn the Hebrew translation)

Robyn

Namaste, (I would love to learn the Hebrew translation)

#1 Postby Robyn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Hello to everyone at Sophian.org,
I’m a Buddhist practitioner and have been committed to an in-depth practice for the past 25 years. It serves me well, the teachings are profound, and over the years I have met many wise mentors of the Way.
I wasn’t particularly looking to change paths.
However my inner teacher and guide for the past 12 years or so has been Melchizedek. The love I feel for this entity or being of light has become the foundation of my practice. He is what I imagine you might call your Shekinah, but I am not well versed in your terminology, so am not entirely sure if that is correct. He says I belong to Him.
Imagine my delight to find on your website a path that embraces the wisdom of the Buddhist mystical traditions with in depth knowledge of my Beloved. I am wallowing in the intricate and extensive descriptions of the mystical path of Gnostic Kabbalah that I find there. Even though I have no idea what most of the terms mean, at some weird and visceral level they feed my soul.
As a starting point could someone guide me to some kind of dictionary that gives the clearest definitions for all the beautiful Hebrew mystical words that you guys use to describe the path?
Shalom (I don’t know what that means either!),
Robyn

Robyn

Re: Namaste, (I would love to learn the Hebrew translation)

#2 Postby Robyn » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:53 am

I have just come to the end of the kindle version of Tau's book St Mary Magdalene, and found a glossary of terms there, so thanks for the dictionary!

Yonah

Re: Namaste, (I would love to learn the Hebrew translation)

#3 Postby Yonah » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Greetings Robyn and welcome to Ecclesia Pistis Sophia!

We also have a wiki (EPS Dictionary) that has some definitions included here:
http://ecclesiapistissophia.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.Index

If you find any terms not in the EPS Dictionary, please email me at gnosis@magdalene-circle.org and I will get them added.

Shalom,
Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Great Meeting!

#4 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Shalom Robyn:

It's great to meet you!

Your background in Buddhism sounds very supportive of your encounter of our lineage. I too greatly benefitted from a steady period of meditation to unwind my misconceptions of God and Messiah I'd received as a young man in traditional Christianity. Buddhism helped prepare me to hear more deeply the scriptures I thought I knew and appreciate Sophian Tradition's teachings of those same scriptures. To this day, I find surprises that make me feel like a beginner all over again and I rejoice.

To meet us is by a variety of means. Our website, as you're finding out, is vast and provides many avenues for meditation and contemplation our Christian Kabbalah. There is also a youtube channel named Ecclesia Pistis Sophia, which uploads a Shabbat discourse almost every week. There, you will get a very intimate sense of the voices and energy of our immediate community. To interact with our larger, online community, consider a live chat led usually by Elder Sarah. This is real-time and very supportive of diverse individuals. The link is http://sophian.org/chat_skype.html and will allow you talk directly with practitioners every Tuesday night.

Through a consistent exposure to these venues, you will get a feel for our community and lineage. If this benefits you, please interact. We'd welcome your insights and questions! I wish you all the best.

Elder Gideon

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”