I don't have faith.

Moderator: Brother Christopher

xmode

I don't have faith.

#1 Postby xmode » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Greetings all,
I'd like to ask you for an advice...I've had many moments when i feel my heart full of faith and it is a lovely feeling, but most of the time I just do not believe.Just empty heart. I pray the lord to help me and give me strong belief , but it is as if He is ignoring me all the time.

Please, tell me what to do. Thank you.
Know Thyself.

Marion

Re: I don't have faith.

#2 Postby Marion » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Shalom!

The Holy One resides everywhere and nowhere, Yahweh is both force and form, and beyond all of these! When we speak of God, many people assume we mean "the big man in the sky", or an anthropomorphic being; nothing could be farther from the truth! If a Gnositc has faith or does not have faith, we still pray and pray and pray, and meditate deeply! It is no different to us. If God shows Godself to is, it is good, if God is apparently distant from us, it is good. Sometimes when I meditate and study, I feel dead, like there is no energy, like God if very far from me. Other times, I feel the presence very strongly; what is the difference? Oftentimes, after one of these "dead" meditations or studies, some insights will spontaneously arise during the day or in dream at night. So, I guess God was working secretly, behind the scenes.

Even when we do not apparently feel the presence of God, does that mean God does not exist? If God was apart from you, how could you even be in this world? God is even with evildoers! Truly, we as Gnostics make no distinction between theism and non-theism. So, if one wakes up and has faith, good! If one wakes up and does not have faith, good!

Many blessings to you,
Shalom Aleichem,

Marion
Last edited by Marion on Wed May 02, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmode

#3 Postby xmode » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind !
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

This struggling with faith is, in fact, a stirring of faith in you, my friend. It’s not uncommon that early in the spiritual journey, the sacred quest, there are questions of faith, struggling with faith, and what seems to be like an appearance of faith and disappearance of faith. Something of this is recounted in a gospel where a man says to Adonai Yeshua, “I believe Lord, please help me with my unbelief.” When this is happening in one’s experience, when the heart does open and there is a surge of faith, it is like a blessing, an empowerment from God, that you might strive for the fullness of faith, and more so knowledge of God; it is, in effect, a ‘call’ from God that you might strive to seek God and find God. Then, when it seems that the heart closes and faith disappears, it is give to us to choose, and to strive to generate greater faith and love, turning to God through study and contemplation, prayer and meditation, actively seeking God. If we will pray and meditate, when it is time, when God wills it, so we will experience another emergence of faith, another opening of the heart, often a greater experience of faith and greater expansion of the heart. This apparent ‘coming and going of faith,’ the apparent ‘openings and closings of the heart,’ is very common, but when God is hidden from us and we are struggling with faith, nevertheless we continue in our spirituality, seeking God and invoking God until we experience an unveiling and self-disclosure of God, the True Light, in our heart.

Just yesterday I was speaking about the ‘openings and closings’ of the heart in Shabbat discourse, and likewise the play of the unveiling and self-disclosure of God in the heart. You might wish to listen to the audio of that teaching. Perhaps it might be of some help to you at this time.

Now faith is a spiritual gift, a gift from God Most High; we cannot conjure it, but we can invoke God and offer ourselves and our lives to God, and pray that we might receive faith, hope and love, and the various other spiritual gifts, qualities, of Christ, the Anointing. As we do we may also learn to ‘read the signs of God.’ By this I do not mean paranormal activities and miracles, but rather the signs of God in creation, in natural engendered things. It’s like the question of the Holy Scriptures, “Who created these?” The wind and sky are signs of God’s existence, the mountains and oceans are signs, the rocks and trees and all living beings, the sun, moon planets and stars, you, me - each and everything. In truth, if we learn to look and see, God, the Real, the Necessary Being, is self-evident within creation itself; we need only look with eyes of awe and wonder, pondering indeed, from what Being, from what Consciousness-Force, from what Intelligence, does all of this arise in such splendor and infinite diversity?

Something that I can share with you is that often, struggling with belief in God, more than a struggle concerning God’s existence it is a struggle with our limited concepts of God, or with misconceptions of God we may hold; so part of this play of dancing between faith and the lack of faith often is connected to going through various conceptions of God until there is a greater disclosure of God from God to us. In fact, this is necessary if we are to acquire knowledge of God through God’s revelation in our heart, for our concepts of God, our way of thinking about ourselves and God, are often great barriers to God’s unveiling and self-disclosure.

I feel your pain my friend, but such struggles with faith are like the labor pains of giving birth to the fullness of faith and love, and here there is no avoiding the struggle, and the pain of the struggle.

As you pray for faith, also pray for hope and love, especially love - faith and love go hand in hand in the Lord.

In closing I can share with you that this very struggle is a manifestation of God with you, a stirring of the Spirit of God in your heart and mind, so this experience is itself a blessing from God, the ‘touching’ of your heart and soul by the Spirit of God, a stirring of your soul to awaken and remember your origin in the Holy One. Praise God!

I will hold you in my heart and prayers.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

#5 Postby xmode » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:40 am

Greetings!
I will think about what you said...
I would love to hear your speech, can yyou provide a link or something ?
Thank you.
Yani.
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:58 am

There should be a link on our main website.

Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”