The Pistis Sophia & Pagan Christian Gnosticism

Moderator: Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Pistis Sophia & Pagan Christian Gnosticism

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:54 pm

In answer to a question:

Are the terms “Pagan” and “Gnostic Christian” inherently contradictory? No, certainly not; for Gnosticism is pre-Christian in its origin, and Judeo-Christianity itself did not arise in a vacuum, but clearly drew from previously existing wisdom traditions – namely Pagan traditions. Before the emergence of Christian Gnosticism there were enlightenment teachings among Pagan cultures, inner and mystical traditions within and behind many of the Pagan religions. Quite naturally, among the ancient schools of Christian Gnosticism were those that integrated Pagan and Christian Gnosticism together.

Thus, in the modern revival of Gnosticism, something of ancient Gnosticism is well reflected with the restoration of Pagan Gnostic Christianity, along with other forms of Gnostic Christianity; for originally, Gnosticism represented a broad spectrum of views and practices, though all shared in common the aim of Divine Gnosis – enlightenment and liberation, in whatever way that might be conceived by different Gnostic schools. The only catch in the modern Gnostic revival and the growing number of Gnostic groups, however, is that authentic Gnosticism is founded upon an actual experience of Divine Illumination (self-realization or enlightenment), and we can only hope that among the many modern Gnostic teachers and Gnostic groups arising that there are some who embody a state of Divine Illumination to some degree, more or less.

Could a person be “Pagan” and an initiate of our Sophian lineage of Gnostic Christianity? Yes, they certainly could; for within the Pistis Sophia and Sophian teachings associated with it, there is a ground for Pagan Gnostic Christians of the Sophian tradition. In fact there have been branches of our Sophian lineage that practiced a form of what could be called “Pagan Christian Gnosticism,” though that name was never applied to it by Sophian initiates.

The ground for a Pagan Christian Gnosticism within the Sophian lineage is this: According to the Pistis Sophia there are vast hierarchies of divine beings and spiritual forces composing the Entirety – among the spiritual hierarchies are many spiritual entities that received the Supernal Light of the Christ Revelation, and that serve the Continuum of the Light Transmission and embody something of the Divine Illumination (Christ Consciousness). Thus, just as we may speak of human beings that embody Christ Consciousness, we may also speak of other forms of sentient beings embodying Christ Consciousness, including divine or spiritual beings, such as gods and goddesses. Quite naturally, just as an initiate might invoke archangels and orders of angels to receive divine assistance, an initiate might invoke enlightened gods and goddesses, or other enlightened spiritual entities.

An excellent example of the Egyptian goddess, Aset (or Isis), who according to the masters of the tradition is akin to the goddess Tara in Buddhism – a goddess who is also a bodhisattva, and who labors for the enlightenment and liberation of all sentient beings. In much the same way that Tara is invoked by many Buddhists, Aset could be invoked by Gnostics – as an enlightened goddess of wisdom. Essentially, in these teachings Aset is among the Neteru (goddess and goddesses) that received and personifies the Gnostic and Light Transmission, recognizing and realizing the True Light, El Elyon (God Most High); hence, entering into conscious unification with the True Light.

Granted, Sophian initiates would not wish to become distracted by the invocation of gods and goddesses so as to loose the golden thread of Self-realization in Christ – the aim of Christian Gnosticism, but the same could be said of the invocation of archangels and angels, which can also become a distraction if the true aim of the Great Work is forgotten. Whether invoking archangels and angels, or gods and goddesses, the purpose is divine assistance in the Path to Enlightenment – the enlightenment and liberation of the soul-stream. In this sense, there are many divine and spiritual beings that can help in the process of the Great Work, though a certain discernment of spiritual beings forces is necessary. After all, the spiritual beings-forces within any class of being are not all established in the Continuum of the Light Transmission, but many remain in the unenlightened condition and would act to hinder or obstruct the soul’s development and evolution towards Christ Consciousness (this includes “divinities” within the god realms).

There is no doubt that among the emerging Pagan Gnostic Christian groups that there are cosmologies and theosophies presented that differ greatly from those of our Sophian lineage; yet, to the extent that their focus is upon the attainment of Divine Gnosis, there is really no conflict or contradiction. The teachings and practices of authentic Gnosticism are merely vehicles of the Self-realization process – if the vehicle facilitates Divine Gnosis, the appearance of the vehicle does not really matter.

In whatever way the Mother Spirit calls us, may we be blessed to unfold our Self-realization in Christ; Amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

alx

pagans & gnostics

#2 Postby alx » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:27 am

greetings, Tau --

above, you wrote:

"The only catch in the modern Gnostic revival and the growing number of Gnostic groups, however, is that authentic Gnosticism is founded upon an actual experience of Divine Illumination (self-realization or enlightenment), and we can only hope that among the many modern Gnostic teachers and Gnostic groups arising that there are some who embody a state of Divine Illumination to some degree, more or less. "

I couldn't agree more. my observation is that there are many teachers in Gnostic or Gnostic-related traditions, and commentators on the Gnostic traditions -- how many are embodying Illumination is a real question.

it seems that the divine experience (illumination or enlightenment, etc.) is the key upon which this tradition, like many Eastern teachings, relies.

to that degree -- I have to ask -- would it be fair to suggest that, regardless of formal institution or teachings, human beings who experience Christ or his lineage directly, could be called "Gnostic"? as a universally applied term, I mean, implying someone who has attained Gnossos, ie, direct experience of the divine energy, rather than a specific term referring only to formal Gnostically-trained individuals.

(in which case 'pagans' who have those experiences, or Muslims who have those experiences, or Hindus who have those experiences -- like Ramakrishna, who saw Jesus and merged with him, or Yogananda -- could also be called, rightly, 'gnostics'?)

you also wrote:

"Whether invoking archangels and angels, or gods and goddesses, the purpose is divine assistance in the Path to Enlightenment – the enlightenment and liberation of the soul-stream."

I'm wondering how the Sophian tradition understands and expresses the relationships between/through the Christ Consciousness and other deity forms. the Divine Mother is clearly represented through different names, and forms. the angels, archangels, etc., are part of the picture, too.

how do these interrelate, esp with the Christ?

thanks so much for your commentaries on these subjects.

Alx

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

One Well Serving Three Ages

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:13 pm

Shalom Alx!

Tau Malachi is away, but I'm happy to engage your questions and curiousity about the Sophian tradition. :)

You're onto exactly what we mean, Alx, by 'gnosis' in Sophian tradition. It is not patented to Sophians but is a word for an experience other traditions might call Brahman, Great Spirit, Buddha Mind--a direct, experiential, unconditioned transmission of Reality As It Is. Preparation for this experience is facilitated and 'rehearsed' through practice with symbols, vocabulary, Divine Personnae (gods/goddesses), teachings and, most importantly, living lightbearers of that tradition who have received transmission of its inmost, secret mysteries by whom by whom we who desire deeper experience might receive.

I often appreciate world traditions in the following provisional way. Imagine three concentric circles.

The outermost could be likened to more fundamentalist forms of ANY spirituality in the world, whose adherents take their teachings and Divine Personnae on faith as literally superior to and separate from other religions. This is how Sophian cosmology describes the 'faithful'.

The middle circle could be likened to the more mystical and meditative experiences of the same outer tradition, whose practioners are encountering the teachings and Divine Personnae less on belief and more by experience. Practioners in this plane of experience are feeling resonance in their teachings and deities with the insights and symbols of others. This is how Sophian cosmology describes the 'psychic' or 'spiritual'.

The inmost circle represents what Sophians call Primordial Tradition, transcendent of language itself, therefore any vocabulary and symbols of all traditions and symbols, yet being the life and light of them all at the same time. Practioners of this experience neither speculate nor intuit a greater truth within and behind all spiritual traditions--they KNOW it directly in such a way as to transform their lives into vehicles of constant service of others. This is how Sophian cosmology describes the 'elect'.

As you can see, none of these concentric circles are really contradicting each other, for each tradition is within its own continuum of intimacy, from faithful, to spiritual to elect. In the outermost experience, world traditions have the least in common. Stepping in more experientially, there is more in common. Graced to know the secret center, there is only Reality As It Is. All traditions flow from the same source, from this central, Primordial Tradition. The outflow of Truth becomes conditioned and shaped the further from the 'center' it flows, matching the karmic identity of a people in place and time who feel its 'call'.

Most important of all, this provisional model articulates our human development and destiny to deeper spiritual progress on the path. Much like a loving relationship, intimacy acrues greater and greater detail, moving from first meeting and introducing ourselves to many conversations and experiences to unveil that ineffable union of heaven and earth we might feel, evaporated in the bliss of our beloved.

Perhaps in this model you'll also here how Sophians respect the place and roll of the teachings, deities and practices of other traditions. All are completely respected as SOPHIA, serving unique people in a unique, karmic matrix. Tau Malachi has even described wisdom traditions as psychiatric prescriptions for all human people; for the same reason you or I would be least benefitted taking every treatment known to psychiatry, so also we receive a treatment specifically refined by generations of light bearers for our specific need. Indians need Hindu treatments. Native Americans and Africans need the treatment of their shamans. We Sophians need the clinic of the Anointed Yeshua and Magdalene. :wink: Make sense?

May all who hear a call to spiritual truth dare to its endless intimacy.

Blessings and Shalom!

Brother Michael+

sophia-suzette

#4 Postby sophia-suzette » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:02 am

Shalom Brother Michael

I was born into a traditional Christianity, however from a young age, I moved away from Chrisianity to find my spiritual home. My spiritual experience are pagan/shamanic based, however in Sophia I found a bridge between Christianity and Paganism. However I find that I am not comfortable with Christian names. I can only relate to Sophia, and abstract concepts. This has been a major challenge for me in relating to Kabala practices. Any advise?

Thank you,
Sophia

Phillip

#5 Postby Phillip » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:54 am

Shalom Sophia-Suzuette!

"A rose by any other name is still a rose..." ;-).

It is, after all, just a name. People who encounter us, finding out we are a CHRISTIAN Gnostic group often have difficulty with some terms, and why? Because these terms have been used in some orthodox Christian groups to emotionally pound on people. People have had their sexuality beaten on by these terms, have had their friendships beaten on, and many homosexual people or minority people have been beaten on in a much more literal way by these terms. In the name of "Christ" and "Christianity" many horrors have been committed.

But in a mystical tradition like ours, we give teachings about spiritual forces within and behind what is moving in the material plane. St. Paul said, "our battle is not with flesh and blood, but with spiritual forces established in HEAVENLY places." These HEAVENLY places are the plastic gated-community "heaven" promised to us by manipulative persons who use the name of Christ to persecute, and would decry that many who are our friends and loved ones will not be there with us, but will burn in everlasting flames. This heaven is the heaven of the Demiurge, and these holy terms used to attack people, is a trick of the demiurge.

Consider this, here is a language in which light transmission flows and has done so for two thousand years, and with the Kabbalah, much longer. So if you were an Archon who were threatened by such a powerful movement, what would you do? So the Archons have enacted a very cunning ploy. Those who are deceived are trapped, but so are those who reject the language of the transmission altogether. The Archons win either way!

So as Sophians, part of our public ministry is to enact a Tikkune of these terms in Christianity, to bring healing of this living word and this vehicle that has acted as so powerful a vehicle of the light transmission for so long. These vehicles of the light transmission aren't arbitrary, which is why scripture is so powerful in so many ways, and why authentic wisdom-traditions the world over are. Many err by attempting to cut and paste together a system of their own devising in order to avoid terms they don't like in each tradition. The only problem is that such a system is generated from the condition of ignorance, and as such has karmic seeds in it to maintain the ignorance.

We are trained in the Sophian Tradition as spritual warriors for peace, and we can enact this within ourselves by not giving into this trick of the Demiurge. It is important for people to ask what a Sophian means by the terms that are heard that "press buttons" within oneself, not only for oneself, but for those who are reading and tuning in so that we can enact the tikkune of these terms for all. The Christian stream is a powerful and sophisticated mystical path. Behind each term that a fundamentalist might utilize to beat someone over the head is also a profound mystical/magical teaching that can be drawn out simply by asking. What we mean by these terms is not what a prejudiced "Christian" might mean by these terms. And perhaps sometimes we mean the same thing, but applied differently. Or perhaps we have a few levels within and behind the surface that resolves some apparent contradictions.

But this is an important question you ask, for in today's geo political climate, where religion is again becoming a cause for great violence in the world, and an unspoken justification for all kinds of horrors, we must learn to remain true to our word and ministry, yet educate about the meaning of these terms to a Sophian, so that people who go to the well of Christianity, with thristy souls, and find nothing but wells of violence, wells of hatred and wells of anger, rage and death might finally have their thirst quenched in the Word and Wisdom of Christ, and be empowered to recognize the deceitful game of the Archons, and have the power to enact this word in their lives, that the gate to the light of Christ might be opened!

Shalom!
Phillip

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Prophet Shamans

#6 Postby Elder Gideon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:46 pm

Shalom Sophia and Brother Philip!

Again, I'm so grateful for such questions as yours, Sophia. Brother Philip speaks my mind with regards to how a Light Transmission was taken hostage in a battle not with flesh and blood. So, what must have the earliest generations of the Jesus Movement felt like? Let's go even deeper! What might have Judaism have felt like before a permanent establishment of Jerusalem? This all ties perfectly with Pistis Sophia, for, as I posted years ago in this category, there is very clear contemplation of the descent and reintegration of Pistis Sophia as the story of ANY light transmission tradition enduring in a hostile plane of invisible opponents. How it is restored, is through the Spirit of Prophecy, which, in action, is quite shamanic.

As a gay man with the most innately tenacious love of Yeshua, I once counted myself among the many, many casualties of such a takeover; the Gospel that ignited in this world spread, I believe, entirely by the power of its horizontal inclusivity, its here-nowness. This tremendous, healing power archons and rulers beheld and took hostage, commandeering the same scriptures and rites for their own exclusive, vertical, pyramidal intentions. In the Gospel of Mary, the Living Yeshua says,

"Do not not follow any other words than these that I have commanded, and do not establish laws, as the lawgiver did, so that you will not be bound by them."

This 'lawgiver' of course, is Moses, who refused Hashem in insecurity, to speak. In response to this, Aaron was selected, dividing the Spirit of Messiah intended to rest upon Moses. Divorced, the Spirit of Prophets and the Spirit of Initiates (or priests) formed a schism which Hashem never intended. Who were these prophets? Shamen! No, Really! :shock:

Read their stories and feel how wild, poetic and earthy their imagery and vision actually is! Far away in the wilderness, they sought the presence and communion with Hashem in the desert. Animals are even participating as envoys and messengers! A pagan practitioner like yourself might be very startled to read the story of Elijah in 1 Kings, who, as the Master of the Name, the preminent prophet (and Merlin figure of Judaism), endured one of the darkest cycles of the prophetic lineage on account of the karmic schism begun by the Moses.

The result of this schism was disastrous to Hebrew light transmission, for priests came in ascent with the rise of the kings and the fixed temple(s) of the city while the prophets often remained outside/banished in the wilderness. I get the feeling that prophets were privately dreaded for their authority in the Shekinah by kings and priests, for the prophets were not bound by laws upon laws as were the priests.

In Sophian tradition, Yeshua came to unify the lineage of the priests with the lineage of the prophets. He acts in both capacities effortlessly. Feel his stories and the imagery with which he conveys a teaching; they are predominantly earthy and shamanic, if one has ears to hear! The majority of his public teaching was in the countryside and in small villages. By the same Spirit of Prophecy, St. Francis and St. Claire, as much as the medieval climate would allow, established perhaps the most shamanic expression of Christian community medieval Europe had ever seen. I'm told Celtic Christianity goes even farther in a shamanic dimension!:D

Not long after the first circle, this Christian tradition of the Spirit of Messiah was again divided and the priestcraft allied with kings and emporers to dominate and suppress the prophets. This Spirit of Prophets is centered in Our Lady, Kallah Messiah. She is the life and energy dimension of every sacred circle. By Her presence and power, prophecy, wonderworking and all spiritual gifts flow. Why we don't find the same wonders in the contemporary church as we hear in the book of Acts and legends of oral tradition has everything to do with how welcome and invited is the Spirit of Prophecy, this Anointed Bride.

To receive Her in full is get real close and intimate with Reality As It Is, right here, right now, with our bodies and our environment. Pistis Sophia's light power is restored by Her remembrance that she had never left the Light Treasury. Perhaps a growing awareness of our horizontal aspect--our becoming--is best unfolded in shamanic practice of whatever kind. This might have more to do with the Second Coming than many vertically-bound believers could conceive.

May we be penetrated by your cries, Sophia.
As your eyes, ears, hands and feet, we respond.

Brother Michael+

sophia-suzette

#7 Postby sophia-suzette » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:03 am

Shalom Phillip and Brother Michael

I am grateful for your insights. I am here not because I doubt the sameness of the source, but because I know the sameness of the source. There are even some that believe that Elijah and Merlin are one and the same. I feel myself to be an eternal child in awe and wonder of the magnificience of all that surrounds me. As a child I reach out to touch, sometimes in shock and surprize, and at other times, I am filled with laughter in delight. Always, I am in awe of the exquisite perfection of the timing in our unfolding and revealing.

I feel that through your insights and experiences, I can learn more of the wonder of being and becoming.

Gratefully,
Sophia

MichaelMagdalene

#8 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:15 am

Hello Sophia!

Paganism and Christianity have many crossovers. If you look at the myth of Lugh/Lu in celtic paganism, for example, you will see that Lugh is the sun/son god, just as Christ is. He also is speared and his flesh dies on a tree, just as Jesus did on the cross. There are many factions, but they are all teaching the same thing. Some will beat you over the head with it, and some have killed while doing it, but these are not my ways.

I too grew up in a traditional fundamental household, and went through a soul search encompassing many spiritual paths before Sophia chose me.

There are many symbols out there. If you read John chapter 1, you will find Christ is the Logos, or Word. Sophia herself is Wisdom. How does Wisdom transmit herself, but through the Word, spoken, printed, or otherwise? :)

Christ himself says in the Gospel of Thomas that we must drink the living waters from his mouth. Water is a symbol for Sophia. We gain Wisdom through teachings of the Logos. It's not Christ who is important, Christ is a title, meaning 'Chosen One'. We are all Christs, once we gain gnosis, and accept our rightful place in the Holy Family. ;)

I hope this helps.

Phillip

#9 Postby Phillip » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:41 am

Shalom Michael!

I enjoy hearing about the Celtic connections, since I'm really into the Grail myths right now!

Reading you post, I'm inclined to think you might be very interested in some of the posts on "Logos and Sophia" on the site, especially a post on, "Speech and Intelligence"... there are some pretty sublime and profound mysterys spoken on this post regarding your comments on "Logos and Sophia"... ;-).

Phillip

MichaelMagdalene

#10 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:02 am

Thank you again! I will definitely read that post then. Our Lady certainly is intriguing, isn't she? I think it is very apt that in most artwork She wears a veil... She makes Herself known to us, but yet keeps Herself hidden.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Pistis Sophia as Archartist

#11 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm

Shalom MichaelMagdalene!

Great insights regarding the veil of Sophia, concealing and yet revealing all at the same time.

Who better knows the entire range, from potential ideals to growing, evolving actuals than Pistis Sophia? She 'begins' unconsciously in the pure potential and ideal of the Light Treasury. Seeing herself separate from it, She desires outside of Herself what She'd forgotten She always IS! She, the soul of Creation, immerses and involves Herself completely in its false lights and concealment. The sorrow and anguish of the experience of separation invokes the rememberance and revelation of Her Logos consort, who restores Her to the Light Treasury, now actualized. Hmm! I have to contemplate this all of the sudden. I never before regarded Pistis Sophia as Archartist! :wink:

This is perfectly analogous to Creation itself, concealing and revealing the Life Power; Creation starts to disappear the farther out or the farther in we journey in scale, inner space and outer space being one Sophia. Being an artist as well as you, (I presume that's your piece in the photo?), I have come to adore the entire process over the outcome of how an idea in form arises and is shattered and arises again and is shattered again, repeatedly refining the vehicle or form to convey an ever-greater power and insight of the inspiration. Much like the creative process, according to Kabbalah, this is entirely how the universe continues coming into being.

There is another highly refined teaching of coming to greater insight from within pagan Gnostic schools of ancient Greece, which found the creative process itself to be the most intimate analogy 'below' with how reality 'above' can be traced back to its sourced in an enlightenment experience. For example, I'm recalling Socrates' dialogues on measure in the context of sculpture, which basically propose that the beauty and power and truth of an artistic form (or type) is assessed by its alignment with the ideal (or archetype). However lofty this sounds, the funniest part is that we don't have to be overtly creative in any artistic sense to experience this philosophy of measure even in the most mundane matters!

The punch of how we choose to dress ourselves, the flavorful concentration of how we like to make our tea or coffee or the delicacy of how an exquisite moment outdoors can so take our breath away seem (classically, at least) to draw upon some greater example from 'above', being spontaneously (or skillfully) aligned in the moment 'below'. Whatever the endeavor, to intimately watch the shifts of ideas and imagination becoming from being is to retrace the work of Creation itself, Ma'aseh Bereshit!

As above, so below. Praise be our Beloved Sophia for all that conceals, which She reveals!

Brother Michael+

MichaelMagdalene

#12 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:18 pm

Hmm, very well put, brother. I myself am not an artist. It is something I struggle with. Where does craft end and art begin? To have an origional, creative idea... Is that truely possable in this day and age?

My experience with gnosis is more along the lines of awareness of my surroundings: I have experienced an increase in my intuitiveness, and I can also see all the syncronicities others cannot, and a poetic justice that unlike cause and effect, seems to have some sort of creative intelligence behind it. I am merely a witness, and perhaps a messanger.

The piece in that picture is actually an ancient alabaster jar. I have no idea who snapped the photo, but if it offends anyone, I will gladly take it down. I don't think that it transgresses any copyright laws, since it is being posted in a religious context, and not for monetary gain.

sophia-suzette

#13 Postby sophia-suzette » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Greetings All!

What a wonderful inspirational contemplation. I am an artist, and I use whatever medium best expresses my idea. Brother Michael, when you speak of the breaking down and evolving a concept, it is something I very much relate to. In a moment of inspiration an idea comes to you, so clearly you can see it infront of you. Then you have to integrate the idea into the physical plane, and what seemed so clear, that you feel you could just "copy" it into the appropriate medium, suddenly is not so clear, because the medium itself has limitations and challenges that makes the rendering into the physical plane not just a direct transferance. However, as the process evolves, and as you say the original idea shatters, to be reintegrated, something eventually emerges through the integration into the physical that is more than the original concept, and you stand back finally and think, "Could I ever have perceived from my original inspiration, what the finished art work would be like?"

In the completion of the "art work", you feel a sense of relief, and you can let it go, be empty again to receive the next inspiration, and the whole process begins again. The finished product then becomes of no consequence, except that it reflects the process of integration. This for me also reflects my process of spiritual evolvement; I receive inspiration, insight, and I must integrate it into the physical, before I can have an understanding of the inspiration. I look at the Kabbalah and I see it as a structure, a skeleton that I integrate into my physical self, and through a dance I experience the meaning of the parts in relation with the whole. I know the meaning of my hands only in relationship with the rest of my body. In a dance of expression, giving praise to the eternal source.

Thank you for your insights,
Sophia

MichaelMagdalene

#14 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 pm

I do find the birthing process to be meaningful. More often then not, though my frustration with my own lack of skill in any one medium wins out.

May I ask what your medium is? I have heard that Africa has a lot of traveling artists of all types.

sophia-suzette

#15 Postby sophia-suzette » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Africa is for me one of the most vibrant creative centers. There is here a wonderful melting pot between primordial and modern influences. Yes, there are a lot of traveling artists here, so a lot of cross fertilization happens.

I am what is called a multi-tasker, I can and use any medium, I put my mind to. I paint, draw, I sculpt, sew, knit, weave, visualize, write and even use cooking to express my creative inspirations. I also work in the in collaboration with others to bring forth a concept. That in itself is for me a wonderful experience, where each bring their talents, to bring into a material form a concept. With the individual inputs, the time limits, budget constraints, etc. something always emerges that has organically grown from the original inspiration to so much more. Although while in the process of the birthing, you sometimes wonder whether you will make it through. :D But knowing you can't give up, somehow you find a way through, even though it takes blood, sweat and tears at times.

In private I use dance as a favourite form to express my spiritual feelings, using only my inner "song" to dance to. I see my life as a creative expression in process, and it has given me so much trust in the endless source that is always avaliable to us.

MichaelMagdalene

#16 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:15 am

I wish I had your inspiration, sister. :)

sophia-suzette

#17 Postby sophia-suzette » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:04 am

Sophia is my inspiration, trust Her, and She gives with such abundance, you feel overwhelmed at times. :shock:

MichaelMagdalene

#18 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:14 am

Indeed I do. She seems to have given me a different gift. :)

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Gifts

#19 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Shalom Michael Magdalene!

Indeed, "There is nothing new under the sun" regarding originality and novelty. What do you suppose that the life and uniqueness of an outcome is its gate of entry, the individual birthing it into being? Are we not changed and evolved by what we manifest from our imagination and inspiration? Is this not Zoe Sophia, Life Wisdom? More than the outcome's uniqueness or novelty, for me, is OUR (its and my own) process of coming into being! :)

How would you describe what gifts Sophia is giving you?

Gratefully,

Brother Michael+

MichaelMagdalene

#20 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:56 pm

The gift of awareness is what I have. As I said above:

"My experience with gnosis is more along the lines of awareness of my surroundings: I have experienced an increase in my intuitiveness, and I can also see all the syncronicities others cannot, and a poetic justice that unlike cause and effect, seems to have some sort of creative intelligence behind it. I am merely a witness, and perhaps a messanger."

I see so much irony, how could all this be by chance?

Also, I have had visions in the past (I no longer have them). As a result, I can no longer be an agnostic, or even a sceptic.

Return to “Pistis Sophia”