New to Gnosticism

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Ralphie2002

New to Gnosticism

#1 Postby Ralphie2002 » Tue May 24, 2005 1:18 pm

Hello everyone, :D
I am new to the group and to Sophian Gnosticism. I wanted to introduce myself. Any advice for somebody new to Gnosticism will be greatly appreciated.
Ralph

Kat

#2 Postby Kat » Tue May 24, 2005 1:49 pm

Shalom,

Welcome to the forum. What kind of advise were you looking for? The beginners mind is an important part of gnostisism. You are always a student no matter how far along the path you are. I think this is important for a beginner to understand as at first it may seem like there is a lot to learn. This can be somewhat overwhelming.

Kat.

Ralphie2002

New to Gnosticism

#3 Postby Ralphie2002 » Wed May 25, 2005 10:10 am

Hello,
What kind of advice? Hmmmm.... I want to know where to start. I am reading Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ. I love the book. I want to know more about gnosticism and the Kabbalah.
Ralph

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Beginning

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 25, 2005 11:04 am

Greetings!

I must agree with Sister Kat, the mind of the beginner is perfect, for it need not think “I know” or “I do not know,” but can look and see with eyes of holy awe and wonder, and naturally celebrate and explore the Mystery. Likewise, there is a delightful zeal that may be cultivated into divine passion – the passion to be and become oneself in the Light.

Among Gnostic Christians the primary emphasis is the spiritual life and practice. The spiritual teacher, the teachings and spiritual community all support and encourage us in the spiritual life and practice, and it is through consistent spiritual practice that we create the necessary conditions for direct spiritual or mystical experience; specifically, the conditions necessary for progress in our Self-realization. In other words our most basic advice would be: cultivate your interior life – study and contemplate, pray and meditation, and seek to live each day according to the Truth and Light revealed in your experience. This, in essence, is the spiritual path.

We can share some basic Sophian teachings about beginning the spiritual life and practice. First, each and every day, take the time to invite and welcome the Anointed and Holy Spirit into yourself and your life – open your mind, heart and life to the Light from above. Throughout the day, invite the Anointed and Mother Spirit into your activities, and into the circumstances, situations and events that arise – and offer everything up to the Divine Mother, the Anointed and Holy Spirit.

The very heart of all Sophian practices is going within, and consciously opening oneself to the Light from above – what we call the Mother’s Force. To do this you can center yourself in the Heart Center, Brow Center or Transcendent Center above the head, simply holding the conscious intention to receive the Light from above – aspiring. In due time you will find that the Divine Mother will respond and the Light of the Anointed and Holy Spirit will enter in, and will be drawn from within you.

Coupled with this, if you wish, take up Primordial Meditation and one other spiritual practice: a Partzuf Meditation, perhaps, or Giving & Receiving, or the Middle Pillar. Begin with relatively short sessions at first, perhaps 10 to 15 minutes, once or twice a day, and grow a daily continuum of practice based on this. Also, remember the power of prayer and cultivate the interior conversation with the Divine – prayer itself is a powerful spiritual practice that draws upon the Light-presence and Light-power within and beyond us. (You will find instructions for these practices on our website.)

Regular study and contemplation of Scriptures and spiritual teachings will help support and empower your spiritual life and practice.

In terms of the spiritual life we can give two keys. First, in place of the Desire to Receive for Oneself Alone, seek to cultivate the Desire to Give; in other words, seek to serve others rather than being served. Second, instead of being an Effect seek to be a Cause for a Greater Good; in other words, instead of living in reaction, seek to consciously respond to what’s happening and to act according to the Truth and Light revealed in your experience. This is the essence and foundation of the spiritual life and practice as taught by all authentic wisdom traditions – something each and every one of us is able to do.

What is the base of this enlightened activity: Look and see the Good in yourself and others, and consciously cultivate that Good and seek to draw out that Good. Let your light shine!

Basically speaking, Christian Gnosticism and Kabbalah is about entering into Higher Consciousness and embodying Higher Consciousness; hence opening our consciousness to new dimensions. What we have described is exactly how we can experience Higher Consciousness and embody it.

May the Mother empower us in this, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Rebekah

#5 Postby Rebekah » Wed May 25, 2005 1:01 pm

Greetings Ralph!

We host a topical chat room on StarChat on Tuesday and Friday evenings (9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific) for the discussion of Sophian Gnosticism. It's an opportunity to interact with others, some of whom, like yourself, are new to the teachings. There is a link on the first page of our website. You are most welcome to join us!

Blessings,
Rebekah

Ralphie2002

New to Gnosticism

#6 Postby Ralphie2002 » Wed May 25, 2005 5:26 pm

Hi Tau,
How can primordial meditation be done? I find myself intrigued about the Kabbalah, but I am still confused. I just started reading Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ. I know I won't know everything about the Kabbalah, even when I master the Kabbalah I won't know everything. I want to know more about primordial meditation and Partzuf meditation.
Thank you,
Ralph :D

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Practice

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 25, 2005 9:36 pm

Go to our home page and click on the link to practices - instructions for the practices I mentioned, along with others, are on our website.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Ralphie2002

Pratice

#8 Postby Ralphie2002 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:22 pm

Thank you everyone for the info.

lleyr

#9 Postby lleyr » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:25 am

I just wanted to say welcome to Ralphie!

Take all the links through the web site you will find all kinds of interesting stuff.

Blessings, Mark

michellejune

I am in Milford, CT, also looking for a group

#10 Postby michellejune » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:56 pm

Hello,
I recently read the Gnostic Gospels and am somewhat familiar with the principles having studied them for 5 years. I am trying to find a Gnostic group or teacher and would like to learn more too. I just read your message and noticed that you live in my town. Do you have a group or teacher?
Michelle

michelleabraham@yahoo.com
Michelle Abraham Lambert
michelleabraham@yahoo.com

Ralphie2002

I'm BACK

#11 Postby Ralphie2002 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:09 pm

I have finally returned to the group. I had been working, but I started a Patient Care Associate program. In March, I start a Licensed Practical Nursing program.

darkchylde

#12 Postby darkchylde » Sat May 06, 2006 8:39 am

Hello Ralphie and all
I am also new to gnostism and I would like to find a teacher and fellow seekers to communicate with.
I would also like to join a fellowship but I fear there aren't any in central Virginia where I live.

darkchylde69@myway.com

Marion

Gnostic groups

#13 Postby Marion » Sat May 06, 2006 11:19 pm

Dear darkchylde,

As far as I know, there are no Gnostic communities in virginia. But that is part of the reason we created this website and forum. To support people who want to know more about Sophian Gnosticism at a distance. So you are welcome to read and ask questions on the forum about Sophian Gnosticism. There are also some helpful sections on the main site about Sophian Gnosticism in general and a practice section, for those who wish to explore meditation.

welcome to our forum! :-)

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

darkchylde

request a teacher

#14 Postby darkchylde » Thu May 18, 2006 10:56 am

Thanx Maid Marion for responding. As a novice I am need of a teacher and would like to know what to do to request one. I am not online yet but I will be soon and I can check the forum with more frequency.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings

#15 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu May 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Greetings and welcome!

Once you are online, just write to Brother Christopher and see what's transpiring in our online mentoring program - most likely our chat room discourses will have begun by then, offering real time discussions about Sophian Gnosticism, with senior Sophian initiates from our Fellowship leading the discussions.

You will find the email address on our "study & practice" page of our website.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elishevah1970

I am new to the search for Gnosis and enlightenment ....

#16 Postby Elishevah1970 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:11 pm

through the perceptive discernment of potential Truths. I am looking for a complete book of the Kaballah anyone know of a good one and what the price range might be? I also am looking for several Gnostic teachings such as the Book (biblos) of Noraia, the Archangelic (book) of the Prophet Moses, the Account of Orain, and the Wisdom of Solomon, as well as the Book of Enoch and the Book of Tobit. Anyone have any suggestions?
Elishevah

"For they endure everything and bear up under everything, that they may finish the good fight and inherit eternal life." an excerpt from The Secret Book of John

Phillip

#17 Postby Phillip » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:16 pm

Shalom Elishevah!

The Kabbalah is a vast subject, so there isn't a "complete" book on the subject, but Tau Malachi's book, Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ is a good core text outlining the Sephirot. The Sephirot are a part of a core glyph for contemplation, discussion and meditation on the Kabbalah. The book includes explanations with practices for each Sephirot.

Also check out, Living Gnosis , Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas and St. Mary Magdalene, the Gnostic Tradition of the Holy Bride for your Gnosticism questions. We also have a recommended book page available on the website!

Phillip

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”