Do not despise the lamb...

sheryl
Site Admin

Do not despise the lamb...

#1 Postby sheryl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Greetings everyone!

Since Tuesday night's chat, I have been contemplating this verse from the Gospel of Phillip:

Do not despise the Lamb for without the Lamb you cannot see the door.

What has been most curious is the difference between Yeshua as the Pascal Lamb sacrifice and we too as the Lamb. I found myself stuck in dualistic thinking on this, until I read this in verse 60 of The Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas:

They saw a Samaritan carrying a lamb on his way to Judea. He said to his disciples, "That man is round about the man."

They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it."

He said to them, "While it is alive, he will not eat it, but only when he has killed it and it has become a corpse."

They said to him, "He cannot do so otherwise."

He said to them, "You too, look for a place for yourselves within Repose, lest you become a corpse and be eaten."

In his commentary, Tau Malachi says this:

When we sojourn on the path with a worldly mind serving only our own worldly interests, will it result in anything less than the killing and devouring of our spiritual nature" Will it not kill the Lamb of God, the Christ-Spirit in us? Yes!

Also found was a post on the Pascal Lamb, where Tau Malachi had this to say:

Yeshua Messiah makes himself the Pascal Lamb for the Great Exodus from the Entirety, the dominion of the demiurge and archons, the Body and Blood of the Messiah becoming the empowerment of the Great Resurrection and Ascension, the Great Liberation. Thus, we read in the Gospel of Philip: “Do not despise the lamb, for by it you see the door” – the exit from the Entirety, the gate into the Light Realm (the “kingdom of God).

And this, spoken to Cain, from Genesis:

7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.

Is the 'you' that sin or ignorance desires in Cain the Lamb or the Christ-Spirit in him? The door being the exit from the Entirety, the gate into the Light Realm? This being the same for all of creation, and in Repose, seeking the Light Center within, there in Unity as One Lamb, we find the Ransom, the Pascal Sacrifice made by Yeshua's blood, so that we as the Lamb, the Christ-Spirit, may find and pass through the doorway into the Supernal Kingdom?

Can it be said then that as Ransom, Yeshua, the Pascal Lamb, was offered at the doorway to the worldly Powers of Ignorance, so that we as the Lamb, the Christ-Presence, might pass through. In reality, it is the Christ-Presence sacrificing itself for the Christ-Presence, 'we' being the sacrifice to the worldly powers so that 'we' will not be devoured by them?

This brings to mind the cross, and the ascending and descending powers.

Is the descending power the sacrifice, so that the ascending power might pass through the gateway?

Shalom!

Sheryl

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

blood of the lamb

#2 Postby Elder Sarah » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Shalom Sheryl!

May the Holy Spirit bless and empower that which the Lamb conquers amidst the land and the people!

I too have been contemplating this verse quite often this week, given we have just celebrated the feast of the Apocalypse, in which we invoked the mystery of the blood of the lamb. When I ask the question, what exactly does the symbolism of the lamb mean and how does it atone for sin? Where the contemplation leads is this:

When we look into Exodus 12 where the instruction for the Passover lamb appears to the Israelites we see the following,

“Your lamb shall be without blemish, a four year old male; you may take it from the sheep or from the goats. You shall keep it until the fourteenth day of this month; then the whole assembled congregation of Israel shall slaughter it at twilight. They shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it…..”

then later in the verse we hear,

“It is the Passover of the lord. For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike down every firstborn in the land of Egypt, both human beings and animals; on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord. The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live; when I see the blood, I will pass over you and no plague shall destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt”

We hear in the teachings that it is the Angel of Death that “passes by” moving on to kill any first born who did not have the sign of the blood of the Lamb on the doorpost. So, the blood of the Lamb appears to make the doorpost, hence the house, invisible to the Angel of Death.

If we look into the passage in Phillip you bring up, “Do not despise the Lamb, for by it you see the door”, consider the “door” made invisible to the Angel of Death. We have to ask then, what sees the “door” if it is not “seen” by the Angel of Death? It appears, it is not so much that the door IS “seen”; rather it is “unseen”.

Here I am reminded of a teaching Tau Malachi often speaks. He will point out that anything we can see here is seen because of everything it is not. Take for instance a tree. A tree is seen because of the sky, the sun, the soil, and the land surrounding it. We don’t actually see the tree, we only perceive everything it is not and therefore “tree” appears.

This same teaching shows up when we try to point to self. We cannot actually point to self. If we try this, we point to our arm and say, “this is I”, no, it is not, that is your arm. So this can be said about any part of our body. The fullness of self can never be directly pointed to.
If the “door” appears because of everything it is not then where is the door? This would make the door present in everything. Hence, “the exit from the entirety, the gate to the light realm”. Yeshua says, “the kingdom of heaven is within and all around”, so to, the “exit from the entirety”. How is this exit everywhere? It appears anytime the blood of the lamb, the Christ Presence works within and behind all that appears. Anytime the rulers are not able to grab a hold and steel light power this door opens and becomes an exit and gateway at the same time. This door opens anytime we are made invisible to the rulers and archons, our invisibility is also our union with the Light Presence within.

As you pointed out, this door is the cross. If on the cross is put the blood that makes one invisible so the Light Presence can move within and through all that appears then the cross becomes a cross of light instead of a cross of wood. A cross of light would be the power to use every situation, circumstance and event as a vehicle for the Light Transmission. Basically speaking, it is not about here, though here appears and this is the doorway that both becomes invisible to the archons and at the same time opens to the pleroma of light! So, indeed the story of Cain is very relevant. The doorway by which evil stocks is the door in which we see that anything has a potential of falling to the dark side. At the same time, that anything, can be used for the Light.

This points to the verse in Mathew that says, “Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing”. If the left hand is the blood of the lamb put on the doorway, the “exit from the entirety” and the right hand is the “gateway to the pleroma of light” then this would point to the simultaneous movement of the two hands together. One redirecting the Angel of Death, while the other walking through the gate.

This leads to the question you pose regarding the descending and ascending powers. I am reminded of the relationship between Yohanan the Baptizer and Yeshua. Yohanan has been called the opener of the way, while Yeshua is the one who walks through the door. The teachings will say that as Herod was engaged with John be-heading him, Yeshua was sneaking in behind the occupied archons and rulers and engaging the great ascension. We know Yohanan means “dove”, which symbolizes the descending force. So, in this way, we could say the descending force distracts in order that the ascending force might enter the door.

We could, though, also see this in reverse. We know the ascending force as the serpent power and we know in the teachings that we must sublimate this force. That we, through Spiritual Practice and living, are to draw this force in ascent and eventually come to draw this force into cessation. The point of the cessation of this force becoming the Supernal breakthrough. In this mode we know that in order to first engage the ascent of the serpent, we would call upon the descending power to help guide and direct this force. In this way, the ascending force would be the force that is put upon the cross, the serpent on the cross, while the descending force enters drawing the pleroma of light amidst the entirety.

Much more can be said regarding this most subtle and sublime contemplation you draw out. There is much mystery here, although these are the immediate thoughts that arise.

May the blood of the lamb endure everlasting upon the doorposts of all beings!

Sarah+

sheryl
Site Admin

Do not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing..

#3 Postby sheryl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Greetings Elder Sarah+!

I have read through your reply several times. What rich insights you have offered for contemplation! Thank you.

One thought keeps arising and that is what manifests, what is seen, in this simultaneous movement - the left hand representing the exit from the Entirety, the right hand representing the gateway to the Pleroma of Light.

Can it be said that these two simultaneous movements are the movement of the Lamb? So that arising between or within them is the door? When contemplating this I mentally see the Tree of Life, the Savior, they in this simultaneous movement becoming the door.

I see a dissolving in ascension, which must be achievable as we become invisible to the Entirety.

Perhaps more will arise.

I look forward to insights that others might have.

Shalom!

Sheryl

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

the door made visible

#4 Postby Elder Sarah » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 am

Shalom Sheryl!

Another angle of this contemplation recently arose, that affirms your insight regarding the simultaneous movement of the exit from the entirety and the gateway to the Pleroma of Light.

In reading through the story of Cain and Abel in Genesis, upon closer examination, one could draw the conclusion that Cain “despises the lamb”. Cain despises that which Abel offers because the Lord accepts Abels offering and not Cain’s offering. Abel is offering a lamb, and it is that which Cain despises. Because Cain despises Abels offering, the Lord warns him of the sin lurking at the door. What is the door in this context? The door is a moment of vulnerability, a moment where things could go either way. Somehow Cain came the Lord already manifesting the disapproval of the Lord because Cain himself did not accept his offering. Cain thought his offering was not as substantial as Abels. Cain assumed the Lord would not want to. If the Lamb is despised, then the door cannot be seen. The Lord is pointing the door out to Cain, saying….

“If you do well you will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is lurking at the door; it’s desire if for you but you must master it.”

Could we say in other words…

If you do not accept your offering (Life power and force) before the Holy One of Being the door will not be visible.

See, the door to transformation is always there, we just need to see it. Hence, the exit from the entirety and gateway to the pleroma of light is in every moment, in every exchange, we only need to become aware of its accessibility.

What happens next? He goes off and kills Abel as though the door, the moment of vulnerability, had not been pointed out. Now, what if from within himself he accepted his offering? Would it have then been “accepted” by the Lord? And if it had been accepted by the Lord, would he have seen the door? If the door were seen, then he would not have killed his brother.

So, Do not despise the Lamb for by it you see the door!

Many Blessings and Shalom!
Sarah+

sheryl
Site Admin

Faith

#5 Postby sheryl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Shalom Elder Sarah+!

I much appreciate your carrying this discussion further.

Your post led me into Hebrews 11, where the author begins by stating:

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Indeed, by faith our ancestors received approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are not visible.

If we are speaking of things not seen, are we not then speaking of that which is not of name and form? So that clinging to name and form would be a lack of faith?

The author goes on to say:

By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain’s. Through this he received approval as righteous, God himself giving approval to his gifts; he died, but through his faith he still speaks.

Which feels to be very much in line with the teaching that you offered:

Somehow Cain came to the Lord already manifesting the disapproval of the Lord because Cain himself did not accept his offering. Cain thought his offering was not as substantial as Abels. Cain assumed the Lord would not want to. If the Lamb is despised, then the door cannot be seen.

The author of Hebrews matches this thought:

And without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

While Abel approached the Lord with faith, it appears that Cain did not. Instead Cain was clinging to name and form - making inner judgments about his own unworthiness, about his sacrifice's unworthiness. Not believing that he would be rewarded in his seeking.

And so can we say that faith in things unseen is faith in the Life power and force, in our selves and all things - the true nature of all things visible?

The sin that lies at the door - whose desire if for us, is then a lack of faith in the unseen, a lack of faith in the Life force and power, and instead clinging to name and form?

In this I am hearing the balance between humility and pride - not clinging to name and form would be the humility of the nefesh, but faith in the Life force and power would be pride in our Neshamah.

This also feels to tie into the recent contemplations on the forum regarding repentance and returning to our roots.

I am finding this discussion, coupled with those on repentance, to be rich and very timely. Thank you.

Blessings and Shalom!

Sheryl

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”