Mysticism of Aleph

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Mysticism of Aleph

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 pm

א
Aleph: wind, breath, mind, spirit, ox, and the number 1.

Greetings Friends!

May mysteries simple and beautiful be drawn forth from within experience and contemplation of the first letter in the Hebrew alephbet: Aleph.

Everywhere we find words in English translations of Hebrew and Christian scriptures suggesting wind, breath, mind, spirit, ox, and one, we're hearing a teaching of the essence of this holy letter. The examples are so numerous and profound, that only a sampling of verses will be possible here, which will certainly inspire your own memory of other verses linking to this mystery of Aleph. I will concentrate on a few verses concerning the word one, with the hopes that verses of other words will follow.

One

As you might already know, in Hebrew there are no numbers distinct from letters; numbers are letters and letters are numbers. While the words here from Old Testament Hebrew of New Testament Greek for one are achad and heis respectively, the teaching of Aleph behind these words is the same: One.

Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)

Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. [...] And the Lord said, ‘Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. (Genesis 11:1, 6)

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. (Matthew 6:22 KJV)

I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, (John 17:20-22)

And they [the community of Christians], continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart. (Acts 2:46)

Peak mystical experiences of myriad lands and traditions and peoples teach of a fundamental sacred unity, a oneness that is within and behind all dualities of experience. To speak of oneness and unity however often sound hollow and unreliable today in a time of severity where recognition is confused for realization. Too easily, people speak of this unity and oneness in recognition, without the fruits such realization bears.

What are those fruits? My observation of Tzaddikim, for example, teaches me of a profound, sometimes alien capacity to see through suffering and ordeal into its empty, singular unity. From this realization, I have witnessed radical horror and pain become miraculously transformed into a vehicle of profound transmission of faith, hope, and love for many others. This law-breaking, karma-bending, miraculous wonderworking power behind everything apparently opposing oneness and unity is the fruit of the realization of Aleph.

May our recognition in faith be our realization in gnosis of the One.

Elder Gideon+

Phillip

#2 Postby Phillip » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 am

Shalom!

I can't help but see the connection in this "One" to another of your ideas, "Breath." It almost seems to point to a method in this, that we find our unity, our sense of connectedness, this wholeness of being with and in breath.

I know, that's probably too simple and sounds a bit silly, but to me, that's pretty darn profound! :lol:
Phillip

Damiean

#3 Postby Damiean » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Shalom everyone!

Wind

The idea of wind in the Scriptures can seem to have myriad layers and meanings. All through the OT and NT, we see the idea of wind spoken of in many ways. Here's some examples:

Genesis 1.2: the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God* swept over the face of the waters.

Exodus 10.13: So Moses stretched out his staff over the land of Egypt, and the Lord brought an east wind upon the land all that day and all that night; when morning came, the east wind had brought the locusts.

Exodus 10.19: The Lord changed the wind into a very strong west wind, which lifted the locusts and drove them into the Red Sea;* not a single locust was left in all the country of Egypt.

2 Kings 2.11: As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah ascended in a whirlwind into heaven.

Psalm 78.26: He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens, and by his power he led out the south wind;

Proverbs 25.23: The north wind produces rain, and a backbiting tongue, angry looks.

Matthew 24.31: And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

John 3.8: The wind* blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.’

Acts of the Apostles 2.2: And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.

There are of course many, many more that could be given. Seeing this and what has been shared in regards to the idea of One; also an aspect to this letter, it seems that something is being spoken of these various "winds." Their source is all in the Holy One. And all eventually find their way back to the Holy One. And that all of these we might say are liberative winds. Either they are bringing into a place of union with God, or they are shattering something that obstructs our ability to unify with the Holy One. These winds can be seen as the begining of this process, the experience of an empowerment in this process, and even the possible vehicle of fruition of this process.

So, no matter the wind, uplifting or shattering, we can know that these movements in our lives are indeed the experience of the Holy One moving. We can know joy in the uplifting, and comfort in the shatterings. For all is the movement of the Spirit of God, for our enlightment and liberation!

Praise be our IO Adonai, Amen.

Blessings and Shalom,
Damiean

sheryl
Site Admin

One

#4 Postby sheryl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Greetings everyone!

I find the contemplations in this thread intriguing!

As I was reading Elder Gideon+'s post, I found myself saying aleph in place of 'one.'

...and they become aleph flesh.

...the whole earth had aleph language.

...YHVH is Aleph.

...thine eye be aleph.

...that they may all be aleph as we are aleph - I in You and You in Me.

...with gladness and aleph of heart.

What magical thoughts arise from this!

Shalom!

Sheryl

Smultronplockaren

#5 Postby Smultronplockaren » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:43 am

Damiean wrote:So, no matter the wind, uplifting or shattering, we can know that these movements in our lives are indeed the experience of the Holy One moving. We can know joy in the uplifting, and comfort in the shatterings. For all is the movement of the Spirit of God, for our enlightment and liberation!

When thinking about the mystical aspects of the wind, a song I listened to often in my youth came to mind - "Master of the Wind" by the heavy metal band Manowar (which, other than this song, have very silly and deeply "unconscious" lyrics).
I have always found this song profound, but now when I read the lyrics again I find much (probably unintentional) esoteric symbolism in it.
So I searched for it on Youtube and found this fan video with scenes from the beautiful movie "The Lion King".

So please take five minutes to watch and listen to the lyrics to this song, for further inspiration when contemplating the mystery of the wind/aleph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9nTyph1Jok

Praise God!
"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." - George Harrison

Jon

Breath

#6 Postby Jon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:44 am

Greetings Friends,

Aleph as 'breath' encapsulates many teachings and wonders. Looking into the OT and NT, we read this regarding Breath:

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. (Gen 2:7)

In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of every human being. (Job 12.10)

Let everything that breathes praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Psalm 150:6)

For the fate of humans and the fate of animals is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and humans have no advantage over the animals; for all is vanity. (Ecclesiastes 3:19)

"Now will I arise," says the LORD. "Now will I be exalted; now will I be lifted up. You conceive chaff, you bring forth stubble; your breath is a fire that will consume you." (Isaiah 33:10-11)

Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, mortal, and say to the breath: Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live." (Ezekiel 37.9)

Now when the centurion, who stood facing him, saw that in this way he breathed his last, he said, "Truly this man was God’s Son!" (Mark 15.39)

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Adonai Yeshua will destroy with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. (2 Thes 2.8 )

21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." (John 20:21-23)

How wonderous is this Breath!

Breath is Life to Adam ...
Breath is Life to every living thing ...
Breath is Ruach Ha-Messiah ...

Breath is so close to us, we may even go through the day without recognizing it; and if we do, perhaps for mere moments. Through most of of the day we tend to forget its movement. Imagine this: "Each day, you breathe roughly 15 times a minute, or a total of 21,600 times." No doubt this is an average that fluctates between wakefulness, exercise, and sleeping, but nonetheless, it is this gift of Life itself that Breath continuously testifies to, and even more mysteriously testifies to the Source of Life itself.

When I enter breath, a couple contempations come to mind:

-- it's a cycle that begins with a no-breath, followed by a flowing-in, then another no-breath, followed by a flowing-out ... as a cycle it reminds me of a circle, or a wave ... this reminds me of the cycles and rhythms of Nature all around us: the seasons as breath, the winds as breath, even the movements of atoms and galaxies as breath! And this notion of cycles is written into the very fabric of everything around us ... even the order of angels of Ophanim reveal something of this. I even read somewhere in the forum, that Aleph contains the fullnes of the Great Name YHVH, thus all of 5 of the Olamot, the 5 Elements, the 5 Breaths, and the 5 Winds are represented and contained in Aleph.

-- the pause, or 'no-breath' between the inhale and exhale seems to be a fascinating aspect of the breath itself ... it's like a 'little death' both within and without, also in cycle ... this 'little death' reminds me of the cycle of birth and death and rebirth, how death is the entering into the Unknown, a place of Rest, a place of no definition ... in a word, to which these all point, is Ain, no-Thingness. So, in this pause, or 'no-breath' and in the return to breathing in or out, I hear something of the movement between AIN - ANI - AIN - ANI - 'no-selfness - 'selfness' - 'no-selfness - 'selfness'. Thus, Aleph is not the first letter of Genesis, because creation (ANI) flows out of the Source of Life Itself (AIN).

-- the breath is intimately connected to the heart, blood flow, and enrichening the body's cells: "Breathing is an involuntary bodily function in which you inhale oxygen to supply the cells of your body and exhale carbon dioxide that the cells give off as waste." ... thus, this Aleph reveals teachings concerning the deep interconnection between the Radiant Holy Breath and the Sacred Heart as witnessed in our physical body, which is subtly interwoven with the Threefold Light Body.

With breath, we can draw closer to our True self. With breath, we discover how connected we are to others, and even moreso, to the Living One!

Drawing in a contemplation of +Malachi's from this forum, here is what he has to say regarding the Radiant Holy Breath:

"This holy breath that Elohim breaths into the Human One – the exhalation of Yahweh Elohim, while going out of Yahweh Elohim into Adam, it remains forever within Yahweh Elohim, and exhaling into Adam, Yahweh Elohim also inhales, the soul returning to the Holy One of Being from which it has come.

This radiant holy breath is the very essence of the Light Continuum (Yahweh), and, as it has been taught by the masters of the tradition, we are a person of light, a soul of light, who has come from the Light Continuum, and who, in fact, has never departed from the Light Continuum – we are the radiant holy breath of God, going out from God and returning to God, yet remaining always in God, the holy emanation of Ruach Elohim, the Spirit of God.

This radiant holy breath of God is within all creation – a Fiery Intelligence and Spirit, and yet, the greatest manifestation of this radiant holy breath is in Adam, the Human One, and in the generations of Adam, all human beings, throughout all time.

This radiant holy breath in us and the power of speech, the power of prayer it brings, is how we cleave to God an unify ourselves with God – it is the power to embody the Holy Shekinah, the presence and power of the Holy One."

And add to this a passage regarding breath from one of my favorite books called The Seven Mysteries of Life (by Guy Murchie):
Yes, life as a whole breaths and owns the common sky and drinks the mutual rain and we are all embodied in the sea and the clouds and in fire and forest and earth alike...It is plain to see that we all breathe the same sky and we are becoming aware that it pours through our lungs and blood in a few minutes, then out again to mix and refresh itself in the world ... each time you inhale you are drawing into yourself an average of about one atom from each of the breaths contained in the whole sky. Also each time you exhale you are sending back the same average to each of these breaths ... With such information you can more easily accept the fact that your next breath will include a million odd atoms of oxygen and nitrogen once breathed by Pythagoras, Socrates, Confucius, Moses, Einstein ....

... even Adonai Yeshua, Lady Magdalene, Mother Mary, the Apostles, even every living breathing creature, whales, crickets, trees, and bumble bees.

In these teachings we hear of how intimately interwoven we are to each other and every living being ... with each breath .... (inhale) .... we take .... (exhale) ... our lives, our living itself is all interwoven together.

And yet even more wonderous, how mysteriously interwoven we are in the source of our living, from the Living One. "We are the radiant holy breath of God" ... and in this is cause for great joy.

For in a breath is an opportunity, a moment to enter awakened with intention and awareness, ... (inhale) ... into reMemberance of the interconnection we share with all Life, the Oneness of Yahweh Elohim .... (exhale) ... And in this reMemberance, an entrance and journey into the fullness of Mystery and Aliveness as revealed in, with and through Ruach Ha-Messiah, the Radiant Holy Breath of the Anointed One.

So, with this in mind and heart, I can't help but feel something quicken inside as I become aware of the sacredness, and fullness, of a breath, each and every breath in fact: as I awaken, I can't help but be thankful for this breath, the gift of Life ... as I bike to work each morning, I can't help but with breath sing and praise the Living One feeling connected to Life all around and within ... and before falling asleep, I can't help but with a breath release the day's activities to fall out of 'self' commending my spirit as the Risen One's into the hands of Abba.

So much in this simple, often forgotten, often ignored, yet potent Breath ... that even this is just the tip of the iceberg when I begin contemplating the mysteries of Aleph as Breath.

May we enter each Moment quickened by the Breath of Gnosis in the Living One.

~ Jon ~

malochim

The Ox, tremendous power of Aleph

#7 Postby malochim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Shalom,

Ox

There is only one constant in the universe and that is change itself, everything is in a constant flux, expanding, swirling, evolving. When one looks at the incredible diversity in nature and the awe inspiring ingenuity and wisdom incorporated in biological life one sees an enormous amount of energy and fortitude spent over numberless aeons, and that is just the tip of the iceberg, the universe of Assiyah. What incredible force keeps this giant wheel of change turning? According to the kabbalah it is the power symbolized by Aleph and Lamed.

"Alef literally means either “ox,” or the “yoke of an ox,” and it is called a “Mother Letter,” representing the primordial element of air, also indicating the Spirit of God. Lamed is the eleventh letter of the Hebrew Alef-Bet, holding the place of the last letter of the first half of the Alef-Bet; it literally means “ox-goad” (or “cattle prod”) and it implies the motivating power of God’s Spirit, the Spirit of God in motion, as in creation. One is reminded of Ruach Elohim, the Spirit of God, moving over the surface of the primordial deep at the outset of creation in Genesis. Thus, together, these two letters represent the mercy and grace of God, the outpouring of the power of God in creation"

Like a giant icebreaker the Spirit of God paves the way for the Evolution of consciousness working out the Tikkun of Olams and individuals in a mesh of incredible complexity and intricate minuscule detail.

I'm fond of using a saying which from Swedish translates:
"Everything works out in the end, sometimes it just requires some more time", for me this captures the fortitude and perseverance of Aleph and the ox. Yet the tremendous energy of the ox needs guidance, it is always a conscious evolution, a dynamic willing and purposeful surrender.

We are told by Master Yeshua:

"Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

By letting Christ within us guide us and be the driving force behind our life display we live in a Christ-like way, we become more Christ-like and we are transformed. We become the Chariot of God, plowing the fields of sentient existence.

Christ tells us to learn from him, which implies that his teachings should be used as a yoke of spiritual living and practice which plows the fields of our minds, hearts making them a proper temple/chariot for the Holy Spirit. When the soil of our minds and hearts are black and fertile they can receive the seeds of the Spirit and bear fruit. It is said that letter Aleph looks like a ladder, and it is through Humans that heaven and earth unite. Aleph is a letter of Oneness and of Multiplicity bearing the value of 1 and 1000. It contains Perud and Yichud, Movement of Rest.

Blessings,
Jonas
”Only love has meaning, it raises the smallest action into infinity.” , Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

malochim

Ox

#8 Postby malochim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Greetings again :)

The evolutionary force manifest in humans as the serpent power. It is this power that propels us through the heights and is deeply involved in the evolutionary process. It is said that evolution progress in leaps, esoterically this is also how the force ascends through the interior stars/chakras. As the serpent power moves through a center/star a immense surge of evolutionary energy/power is accessed.

A thought that came to mind was that maybe the story of Moses and the Golden calf symbolizes how when man returns from a state of expanded mind he often finds his "crowd mind" starting to worship the effects and power of the holy spirit as it manifests in the disciples life, getting caught up in the mystical experience itself and becoming "drunk with power", worshiping the golden calf.

Another interpretation would be that the golden calf symbolized an older "evolutionary age" the Age of Taurus (Ox), Moses is believed to have been living and representing the Age of Aries (Ram) ( just as Yeshua is the representative and Messiah that came in the Age of Pisces (Fishes))

Hence to worship the symbol of a previous age would be equivalent to using psychic powers of older evolutions reverting and not progressing in the evolution of form and consciousness.

Blessings,
Jonas
”Only love has meaning, it raises the smallest action into infinity.” , Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

simplicity

Ahhh the Aleph!

#9 Postby simplicity » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:56 pm

The more I peer into each divine letter, the more awed I am by such perfect beauty. The contemplations here are illuminating. Thank you all and thank you, Elder Gideon, for starting this series on the divine letters. I've been fairly busy this past month or two, but your series is luring me back . . . :wink:

Recently, I discovered a new mystery of the Aleph, which may not be new to some of you, but it was to me. A site hosted by Authentic Jewish Mysticism and Thought pointed out the mystery of Creation contained in the Aleph. The form of the aleph is made of two yods with a tov separating them. The upper yod represents the upper world and the lower yod represents the lower world and the vav represents the “firmament” of Genesis 1:7 between them.

The depiction of an upper yod and a lower yod “hooked” together with a “vav” suggests to me not only Creation, but also the Cross. Hmmm . . . now the contemplation gets even more interesting. That the Aleph is One and the Divine Breath of the Holy One, we can also contemplate the Christ of the Cross as the “Word.” Now we see the “Word” and even the “Cross” as the “One Divine Breath.” Ahhhh . . . !
"Miracles happen every day and at every moment. He who sees them not is deprived of one of the fairest gifts of life" (St. Issa, the Lost Years of Jesus)

Anna

#10 Postby Anna » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 am

Blessings in the Light of Messiah!
The shape of Aleph also reminds of the entire display of involution and evolution: the light coming down into matter and matter being drawn up from below in the Great Ascension. There is also a sense of energy feeding this ascent in the microcosmic manifestation of individuals with the light from above guiding the Serpent Power from below. Each pattern of cycles seem nested within the next, higher pattern, worlds within worlds. And all is one.
Shalom!
Anna

Anna

#11 Postby Anna » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:44 pm

OX
Blessings in the Light of Messiah!
Ox has lately been a delightful object of contemplation, humble creature that it is, yet featured in the meaning of the first letter of Creation!

In Exodus 29 the ox serves an important role in the consecration of the priests:
10“Bring the bull to the front of the Tent of Meeting, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on its head. 11Slaughter it in the Lord’s presence at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 12Take some of the bull’s blood and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger, and pour out the rest of it at the base of the altar. 13Then take all the fat around the inner parts, the covering of the liver, and both kidneys with the fat on them, and burn them on the altar. 14But burn the bull’s flesh and its hide and its offal outside the camp. It is a sin offering."

This looks very much like a self-offering. A priest must let go of the ego and all it desires in order to serve as a talisman for the people and the land. It is also interesting that this creature is slaughtered “in the Lord’s presence” reminding of an act of sacrifice before Adonai, the Divine Presence with us. It seems that in the laying on of hands Aaron and his sons are acknowledging the bull as if it were a representative of themselves, symbolizing the sacrifice of their lives as priests holy to Yahweh. And so it seems as though this bull could be a reference to nefesh as its life is sacrificed for the sake of the Great Work.

Exodus 22:30
“Likewise shalt thou do with thine oxen, and with thy sheep: seven days it shall be with his dam; on the eighth day thou shalt give it me.”

Again, the offering of the ox, but this time the eight days reminds of the eighth Heaven, as though saying that physicality, or perhaps attachment to physicality, must be surrendered in order to enter this heaven, the place of Supernal Light. There are many, many references to the ox or bull as sacrifice, most provocative if the ox represents the vehicle of Holy One.

Exodus 32:35
“And the LORD struck the people with a plague because of what they did with the calf Aaron had made.”

Here we see the result of worshiping an image instead of God the True Light. Does this golden calf represent the false image of the self? Does this signify the object of worship in the world? What, indeed, is the god of our times, the god that seems to rule in this time? Gold suggests mammon as the essential nature of this communal false god. Gold could also represent the values of the world, as opposed to Godly values. Perhaps Taurus “ruled” the movement of the spheres in the time of the golden calf, but who really rules in the world? Is it not the rich, those with money and therefore worldly power, entrenched in worldly consciousness, Nefesh behamit?

Job 39:9
"Will the wild ox consent to serve you? Will he stay by your manger at night?

This sheds light on the idea of ox as vehicle. In the invocation when putting on the tallit we ask that “our nefesh should be subject to our ruach, so that in union they should be a true and holy vessel of our neshamah.” The wild ox seems to speak of Nefesh behamit, the beastly soul that needs to be tamed. Nefesh behamit needs training, just as a wild ox needs to be trained in order to serve properly. Once it is trained it becomes Nefesh elokit, the godly soul, the surrendered soul, the vehicle readied to carry the Divine Light into the world.

Proverbs 12:10
“A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.”

Here we see that a righteous man cares for the vehicle that is the meeting place of Heaven and Earth. In other words, I am hearing that one should care for the physical vehicle and, expanding out from that thought to our tzaddik, one should care for the vehicle which is our interface with Holy One, the one through whom comes the Light Transmission.
This message comes through even more clearly in the next passage:
1 Timothy 5:18
“For the Scripture says, ‘Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,’ and ‘The worker deserves his wages.’"

If the ox is not muzzled it will eat as it desires of the grain, the very thing it is helping to provide. It seems that the vehicle that bears the Light should not only be properly cared for but should also be given all it desires of the good it co-labors to bring us. So, this suggests that we should care for and nurture the body/life-display that carries the Divine Attributes, and also may suggest the same for the tzaddik who serves as our interface with the Beloved.

The ox as vehicle for the Divine Light, both individually and collectively, must be trained and nurtured, and its bestial desires sacrificed for the sake of the Great Work. The vehicle and the Light become truly One, carrying the Divine mind, breath, spirit, in countless manifestations, implied by 1,000, the other number associated with aleph. Truly, it is an evolutionary concept, this creature that evolves to become aware of and grow in conscious union with Holy One!
May God be praised!
Anna

Marion

#12 Postby Marion » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 am

There is a great secret contained in Aleph. It is made of one vau and two yod, one upper and one lower. The tip of the upper yod inclines itself upward-Godward. Similarly, the tip of the lower yod inclines itself downward, toward the earth. The vau is symbolic of the firmament separating the upper and lower worlds. As has been said, the numerical value of Aleph is one. Why then are there three parts? Because He and His name are one. That is, the supernal realm is within and all around the material plane. Praise God!

Now, in this, there is a teaching on Teshuva-Repentance. One may think of the story in Midrashim when God had decided to make creation. The Angels were very concerned and said to the Holy One, blessed be He-She. “But Lord, they will sin against you!” and God said to them “That is why I have made Teshuva-repentance” How did God do this? By making creation in his likeness and image, by making the world of supernal light within and all around everything that arises here, so that you only have to have the eyes to see it. Praise God!

When God created, he began with Bet. He said to aleph “You stand at the head of the Aleph-Bet like a king. You are one, I am One and the Torah is One.” Bet is the beginning of the Torah, but Aleph begins the hidden Torah which with be revealed in the world to come. For Aleph (aleph-lamed-peh) spelled in reverse is Mystery (peh-lamed-aleph.) Praise God!

Aleph reminds us that even though we see myriad of forms here below, they are expressions of the Holy ONE. Aleph equals one numerically. Adonai (aleph-dalet-nun-yod) is Lord, master (Aluph, aleph-lamed-vau-peh) of the universe. Aleph also begins the divine name Elohim (aleph-lamed-heh-yod-mem) which means the one and the many. It is the teaching that the Holy One emanates all manner of divine beings because if the full force of the Holy One were to come upon creation, it could not stand. So God constricts (tzim-tzum) Godself in order that creation might come into being and realize the inseparability of God and his creation. Praise God!

Aleph is the one who does not operate from the world or the concerns of the world, but looks to God (like the upper yod.) Such a one would seem to be backwards here. We have a great example of this in Yeshua Messiah who at times seems to welcome the cross. Who else would do such a thing except one who knew it was for the sake of all. Praise God!

Blessed Be the Holy One for the Revelation of the Mysteries of the Letters Amen!

Brother Brian

#13 Postby Brother Brian » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 am

Some things that come to contemplation this morning about the Ox symbol. Contemplating that sometimes the ego can be like a stubborn mule but this stubborn mule is that which the Ox uses and rides. Sometime the mule will turn its head and try to nibble and bite you but the Ox is stronger. This Ox is here to use the mule to plow and spread the Christ spirit. Spread this knowledge of the inner Christ presence to all those that are sleeping, waking them to realize they to are not the ego but the Ox. The Ox being the one truly doing the plowing.

As it has been said through our lineage that the blood sacrifice is the revelation of the illusory nature of what we call “reality” and “death” Great revelation that we are Spirit in the blood and not the other way around.

Spirit in the blood also reminds me of Cain, Abel, Seth
Cain = darkness
Abel = Light
Seth = transcendence of Light and Darkeness
Tau = Light of the cross.
Seth being a burning symbol of unification of all duality. Consciousness unified. Self-realization of the Human One of Light. Messiah being the result of integrating all levels or aspects of consciousness, surface consciousness, finite reason, name, mortal being.

It feels that Aleph is in any subject we speak of. The energy is in all things. You are Light, darkness is only not remembering. Light is coming into remembrance of this. Aleph is the very fabric that all of this transpires upon. When we are breathing this very sacred letter putting us in remembrance of who and what we are. If we forget all we need to do is breath. The image of a Ox standing in the cool of the day watching the Ox breathe in powerfully, with intention enacting upon the 13 attributes of El

Return to “Gematria: The Play of Holy Letters & Numbers”