Sophian.org

A forum for the discussion of Sophian Gnosticism
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

We speak of the Upper and Lower Shekinah, the Mother and the Daughter, and yet the Holy Shekinah is One - the Divine Presence and Power in all of Her manifestations.

The Upper Shekinah is Binah-Understanding, Imma (the Mother); and the Lower Shekinah is Malkut-Kingdom, Nukva (the Daughter); and in between are the Six: Hesed-Mercy, Gevurah-Severity, Tiferet-Beauty, Netzach-Dominion, Hod-Submission and Yesod-Foundation. These are the Son, the Bridegroom, yet with each there is a corresponding Shekinah emanation in our Christian Kabbalah.

The Mother emanates as the Daughter, and She has seven Faces, corresponding to the Seven Sefirot of Construction. There is the Maiden of Light, Mother of Royal Blood and Crone of Ancient Wisdom, and there is the Mistress of the Night (Lilit), Queen of Demons (Na'amah) and the Hag of Chaos (Iggaret) - these are all joined in Kallah, the Holy Bride, which is Malkut, personified as St. Miriam of Magdal (the Tower of the Flock).

Iggaret is the Shekinah emanation of Gevurah

Na'amah is the Shekinah emanation of Hod

Lilit is the Shekinah emanation of Yesod

The Crone of Ancient Wisdom is the Shekinah emanation of Hesed

The Mother of Royal Blood is the Shekinah emanation of Tiferet

The Maiden of Light is the Shekinah emanation of Netzach

The Holy Bride, as said above, is Malkut, in whom all the Faces of the Holy Shekinah are united, both the Dark and Bright Faces - the Daughter who is enthroned on the Great Mother's lap. Contemplating these correspondences we may gain insight into these various Faces of the Shekinah. Likewise, contemplating the sayings attributed to them in the text of the Thirty-Two Paths of Wisdom further insights may be gleaned, especially using the translation in the Sefer Yetzirah by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan.

I thought it might be good to share this for anyone who wished to entertain a deeper contemplation of the Holy Mother and the Seven Faces of the Daughter.

May the Mother Spirit bring our contemplation to fruition in True Gnosis, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

Post subject: Maiden of Light
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:56 am 
Greetings Tau Malachi!

It is interesting to note how Eve imparts the fruit of the tree of good and evil to Adam, which is also the fruit of the tree of life, but received in Orleh, unripe ness. We learned in an Shabbat discourse how she was connected to the Sephir Yetzirah as Netzah, the Maiden of Light, who “illuminates the transcendental powers.” She then makes known to us our potential, which makes known to us also that which is not yet actualized or aligned with that potential, what work needs to be done to actualize that potential as well as the potential that can be actualized! She thus, reveals to us “Good and Evil”, that which will bring us closer to God, and that which acts as an obstacle to drawing close to God.

She opens to us then both the fruit of the tree, Malkut, and Yesod, Lilith, who purifies the sephirot by testing “the decree of their structure and the inner essence of their unity, making it glow.” Does she do this by introducing us to Daath, also unified with Yesod, in which play both the light and dark forces and acts as the mirror like wisdom that reveals ourselves to ourselves? She is also the door to the vault of the Adepti, in that she is the doorway to the Mother of Royal Blood, that within us that births the Christ Prescence. She is the Morning star that arises just before the sun, also associated with Tiphereth, both temptation, that which provides the opportunity to ascend or descend, and the blessing of the energy needed to ascend which is the temptation itself… the light that “illuminates the transcendental powers”. And here may be a secret link between Malkut and Tipheret. Perhaps in putting this illumination into action, we embody something of the Christ Presence, and come to know this mother of Royal Blood more directly.

But all of these personifications can be deceiving, for each of them are Belimah, emptiness in the Pleuroma, the divine fullness, but as these are a resonance, and “intelligence” as the Sephir Yetzirah states, distinct and yet unified with the source. Perhaps we become fractured in our clinging to one aspect of these, and don’t entertain the play between them in this Belimah?

Just some food for discussion, perhaps.

phillip

Post subject: Activation
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Greetings Brother Phillip!

The literal meaning of Eve's name is "Mother of Life," and from the Sophian perspective, Eve's action activates the Divine Potential in the Human One; in terms of the Gnosis of Good and Evil, she activates the potential of free will that sets the evolution of the Human One in motion. Of course, this activation of free will sets in motion the play of spiritual forces, the play of light and darkness, and admixture. In truth it is the activation of the Fiery Intelligence in us - which may enact good or evil.

This seems to point to the nature of the Divine Feminine as the actualizing principle, and to two other "names" that may be applied to Malkut-Kingdom: Actualization or Realization. In this light we might consider the phrases kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God; hence realization of heaven and realization of God. This is the purpose of the Great Matrix of Creation, the function of the Divine Feminine. Thus, all of these Faces of the Daughter must play an integral role in this Self-realization of the Human One.

Indeed, in the unenlightened condition the Faces seem to be separate from one another, and the Bright and Dark Faces even appear opposed to one another. That it is said they are all joined as one Divine Presence and Power in the Holy Bride does seem to allude to an integral Self-realization and the truth we encounter in the enlightenment experience: the holy awareness of Sacred Unity.

If the Maiden of Light reveals our Divine Potential to us, and thus inspires our recognition of the Truth and Light, then Lilith is that same Presence and Power revealing whatever might be obstructing our realization of what we have recognized. If the Mother or Royal Blood is the Presence and Power of the realization of the Light-indweller in us, then Na'amah is the same Presence and Power that reveals anything that obstructs the full embodiment of that Person of Light and puts the evolution of the soul-being to the test to unsure it is good and true and strong. If the Crone of Ancient Wisdom is the Presence and Power of the reintegration of the Indweller of Light with the Light-continuum, then Iggaret is the Presence and Power facilitating the cessation through which that reintegration is accomplished. This, of course, is the process of the generation of the Human One, the Great Seth, and these Faces are the matrix of the Holy Womb giving birth to the Human One - actualizing and realizing the Sun of God in the Human One. The Holy Bride and Bridegroom joined together in one Body of Light is the fruition of this process, and in this fruition the Daughter is enthroned in the Mother.

Yes, all of this is Belimah, which literally means "without what," hence the Ain Nature of all that arises. The realization of the Ain Nature is the is the womb of emtpiness in which Supernal or Messianic Consciousness dawns; it is the Union of Daughter Clear Light and Mother Clear Light, as we see in the Melchizedek Teachings. In this we may understand the innate unity of the Seven Faces of the Daughter, for they are all the radiant display of the Ain Nature; hence Belimah.

The Daughter is the ever-pure emanation of the Great Mother; Sophia is Sophia, whether Mother Sophia or Daughter Sophia.

We may say, Sophia is the space in which Logos ( sound-vibration) occurs, and within which the light of the Christos shines; understanding that Christos, Logos and Sophia are inseparable from one another, just as are the Holy Sefirot - all the radiant display of Ain, all Belimah.

We are really speaking about personifications of principles in consciousness; principles of the Consciousness-Force of Divine Being, or All-Being. It is a delightdul contemplation!

May the Mother receive us into herself, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Greetings Malachi and Phillip,

A contemplation arose in the midst of reading these post's and that is one of Vav, this number 6, which we refer to as the Son, and how within the Son we find six of the seven Faces of the Bride. Iam interested in why we refer to the 6, Hesed, Gevurah, Tiphareth, Hod and Netzach as the Son and yet at the same time these express 6 of the Faces of the daughter. Vav means nail or hook, something that joins, so what is this saying about the seventh Face, Malkut and the distinguishment of the Daughter and the Son?

Many Blessings, Sunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:21 am 
Site Admin

Greetings Sister Sunny!

We may say that the Son is Being, in which Mother and Daughter are united, and Being in which the Father and all sentient beings are united; the Daughter is the Shekinah emanation, the radiant display of the Consciousness-Force of Being, understanding Being-Consciousness-Force as inseparable. Thus, by "Son" we indicate Being and by "Daughter" we indicate Consciousness-Force; hence the Being and Becoming.

With this in mind we can say that Being is actualized and realized through the play of Consciousness-Force, and that Consciousness-Force is actualized and realized in Being.

Essentially we are talking about the love-play of the Bridegroom and Bride, the inner mystery of Hieros Gamos.

You might recall the teaching in Sophian Gnosticism of the entire Gospel transpiring in the Mother, and all appearances as the radiant display of the Holy Bride - the Son representing "Being in Repose and Movement, the Lord of the Shabbat and Lord of the Dance, respectively.

In connection with Brother Phillip's question above, also remember that all of the Bright Faces correspond to Eve and all of the Dark Faces correspond to Lilith, these two who are joined in the Anointed Bride (Kallah Messiah).

Does this reflect the line your contemplation was following, or was your question going along a different line of thought?

May we behold the image of the Bridegroom and Bride joined in the Bridal Chamber, all in the Holy Mother, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:12 am 

Shalom Tau Malachi & Sister!

In extension of this, it seems that Eve personifies different faces at different places in the myth, and I imagine the same applies for Lilit as well... where might these diverse faces be revealed in the story?

Also, Cain complicates the matter, doesn't he? One would almost think that he is the son of Na'amah, and yet he is the child of Eve in the tale... how is this complication resolved?

phillip

Post subject: Non-linear
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Greetings Brother Phillip!

In my experience of the Mother and Bride I have never found her linear, my dear brother; neither do I find that she stands still - any time I try to "pin her down" too much, well, there she goes defying my linear logic and escaping my grasp! Of course, in this process she teaches that devekut (cleaving or attachment) is not grasping, but a being with and uniting with in experience - in this way we come to know the Mother and Bride, our Lady of Grace.

So, is the Holy Shekinah as Eve or as Lilith really so separate? If, as the legends says, "Cain was conceived by the serpent," would not Eve be Lilith in that conception? Generally speaking, Eve represents the Bright Faces and Lilith the Dark Faces, but is this brightness and darkness really separate? We speak of the fruition of the union of Eve and Lilith in the Holy Bride, but isn't this dance into unification and the fullness of the Divine Feminine being embodied going on all of the while - an involution/evolution?

Eve and Lilith are in every woman, and in truth they are inseparable. We need not be confounded - we just need to flow and move with our Lady of Grace, to love her and know her.

Ah, yes, the Faces of the Mother and Bride in the Scriptures...sounds like you have a sacred quest before you! I would not wish to say too much too swiftly and ruin the adventure for you - so I'll wait upon the Spirit of the Lord and see what you find. :D

May the Mother give us eyes to see her, and ears to hear her, hearts to know her, and mouths to speak her wisdom; O Sweet Mother, reveal yourself to us in all of your forms, and in the formless too, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

Post subject: The Bridal Chamber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:22 am 
Site Admin

Greetings Tau Malachi and Brother Phillip,

Yes, Malachi your response was in accordance to where my contemplation was going. I wonder if one could contemplate the faces of the Bride as different modes of consciousness, almost like a meter where Eve and Lilitu are the opposite poles and the Bride, Kallah Massiah represents the center? In that contemplation then in joining to the Bride, one has joined Eve and Lilitu. This seems to say that to join to the Daughter is to join to the Son and in this one abides on Repose and Movement at the same time. Or, I wonder if One can abide in the repose and movement through the whole of the faces of the Bride? In other words can Eve and Lilitu join with the Son as well as the Bride? Hope this makes sence, the question is coming from recent experience in the contemplations of the letter Vav, and a noticing of a center, or shall I say the Silent Witness who witnesses but doesn't judge.

Many Blessings, Sunny

Post subject: Repose & Movement
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Sister Sunny!

Yes, indeed, we may understand the faces of the Bride as states of consciousness, or more specifically as various versions of the radiant display of consciousness, from peaceful and blissful, to wrathful - hence the various appearances of the Holy Shekinah, as determined by our own state of mind.

It is entirely possible to experience repose and movement at one and the same time - in fact, that is the aim of the Sophian Way, specifically the Way of Transformation. Cleaving to the Anointed, the Bridegroom, we abide in repose, while in the Holy Bride we are set in motion. If it is the Mother Spirit that moves me, and I do not move of my own self-will, then I am in repose while in motion, yes? :D

May we sit on the Mother's lap to know repose in motion, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:11 pm 

Greeting Tau Malachi & All!

In further contemplating this mystery of the divine feminine in the Holy Sephirot, I have considered the bearing of children on the "knees" of the matriarch, making them her own child. With Sarah, this didn't work out, as Ishmael ended up getting sent off, as though he was still the child of Hagar, Lilith. With Jacob, however, his wives' handmaids bore his children who were acknowledged patriachs of the nation of Israel, implying that this function worked. Perhaps this is a distinction between Sarah, who is typically identified with Hesed along with Abraham, and Jacob, who is typicall identified with Tipheret. Perhaps this relationship only works between Tiphereth and Yesod, whereas in Hesed... the shell of mercy is Judgement. From Tiphereth perhaps this is possible because Yesod and Tipheret act on the central pilliar and each facilitate one another. I'm also tying this to dry land, as the twelve children of Jacob allowed for the Supernal light to "land" on the earth, which required the full display of the four light emanations in relationship with Tiphereth, thus Jacob in relationship with the four women, when born, the matriach takes the place of Tiphereth and bears the children on her knees, joining Yesod and Tiphereth.

I wonder, am I on target here with this contemplation, and/or is there more to be drawn out with this mystery?

phillip

Post subject: Mother's Knee
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

This is, indeed, and interesting contemplation, Brother Phillip. Rather than an answer to a question, I’m inclined to share where this contemplation leads my mind and heart.

It seems to me that the Divine Mother is seeking to give birth to the Messiah through womanhood – which is to say, through all mothers, whether the matriarchs of ancient Israel or holy women who become mothers today. It seems to me to be an ongoing divine labor towards the Second Coming.

Was this perfected by Rachel more than Sarah? All sons of Jacob did not become the patriarch, but rather Joseph, the firstborn of Rachel became the patriarch. What of his siblings? They beat him, and contemplate killing him as Cain slew Abel, but instead of killing him they sold him as a slave in Egypt! What does Joseph do? In a time a drought, famine and pestilence he saves his family, the children of Israel, but when the hard times end he does not lead them out of Egypt – thus, through Joseph all of the children of Israel become slaves to Pharaoh!

As it turns out, the court of Pharaoh raises the prophet who leads the children of Israel out of their bondage in Egypt, or who attempts to do so – Moses. While Moses serves to open the way for the True Exodus, in fact, until Mother Miriam gives birth to the Messiah, the intention of the Divine Mother is not completely fulfilled by earthly motherhood. As it turns out, the Son of the Holy Mother does not walk with his feet on ground, and so he is able to walk on water and dry land. We may say that the intention of the Divine Mother in the matriarchs is fulfilled in Mother Miriam, and that they prefigure the Greater Good the Divine Mother has in store, though only in part.

Now consider Mother Miriam and her Son, who is conceived and born of the Spirit of God – she takes upon her knee all who inwardly cleave to the Spiritual Sun of El Elyon, and she does so perfectly, for none who are taken into her lap are lost, but all are established in the Great Resurrection and Ascension.

Yet, this divine labor begun in Mother Miriam is ongoing, and womanhood continues in it – to give birth to a Divine and Supernal Humanity. This seems to be the play of the Holy Mother and Bride, and in the Second Coming the Mother and Bride are joined in perfect union, for she becomes the Mother of Royal Blood through the Implanted Seed of Light, the Bridegroom.

In this we see the divine play of Being and Becoming, which are inseparable. When Mother Miriam gives birth to the Messiah, does she not complete and fulfill all of the matriarchs? And when the Holy Bride is received, and she becomes the Mother, will she not complete and fulfill all womanhood?

Evolution process through progress and regress – thus, the outset of any new cycle of the Light Transmission is a progress, following which there is a regression before the next progress. In other words, we see a degradation of the Light Transmission from one generation to another in each cycle until a new influx of the Light-presence and Light-power transpires. Thus, the later period of the patriarchal/matriarchal succession is a degraded form of the initial Light Transmission. Of Mother Sarah we can say, her insight was perfectly clear and lucid, and she knew to complete remove the klippot – with Rebekah and with Leah and Rachel, however, there is compromise and admixture is the result.

Now ultimately, Mother Sarah was not able to dispel the klippot, only to banish it – for the error of Hagar was in place, and that great shadow continues in the world to this very day, threatening havoc and destruction. Through Mother Miriam, however, the dominion of the klippot has been dispelled, not only that of the sons of Hagar, but all of the dominions of klippot (Cain, Edom, Esau and so on). Here, of course, we are speaking of the mystery of the Crucifixion and the Empty Tomb. This assumes we seek the transcendence of in the Risen Savior and the transformation that comes by way of the Supernal Light (Supernal or Messianic Consciousness) – and this is the ongoing divine labor here in this world, all in the Divine Mother.

My mind turns to the Woman of Light in the Book of the Apocalypse, and to her Holy Child who is immediately taken up in Divine Rapture – not born to materiality but to pure spirituality, and I ponder this Holy Mother and Child who are Spiritual and Supernal Light. My thoughts are as clouds in the sky-like awareness of this Holy Woman and her Divine Child, and whatever word I might speak as shadows of those clouds – so now I believe silence is in order, abiding in the presence of the Spirit and Truth.

What an interesting contemplation you invoked, dear friend. Praise Yah!

May the Holy Mother receive us on her knee, and may she draw us to her bosom, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:02 am 

Shalom Tau,

What a glorious contemplation!

It suddenly occurred to me upon contemplating the mysteries that you invoked, that perhaps the situation with the Israelites was inevitable... considering the brothers of Joseph sold him into slavery, though through his mercy he saved his brothers from a vengeful response, from judgement, he still could not negate the karma of his brother's acts, thus the consequence of the fathers of the Israelites delivered to the generations after them.

Here is a nice contrast between Joseph and the Risen Savior, demonstrating what you say about Joseph's degradation of the light transmission, his inability to negate this karma, and acted as the agent delivering this karma upon the Israelites, albeit unintentionally. Yeshua, however, is able to fully negate such karma, and thus the manifestation of the Sanctuary of Grace that seems to be implied in your contemplation of the mother who births the Risen Savior. Each act by the patriarch and prophets seems to invoke positive or negative karma, mercy or judgement, mercy leading to judgement, judgement to mercy according to the will of Ha-Shem. But still we see a play of cause and effect, judgement and mercy. Only with the Risen Savior, do we see cessation and negation of cause and effect through the Sanctuary of the Cross, true Mercy, the Sanctuary of Grace.

Wonderful!

Praise be to the Risen Savior, may his name live within us and as us!

p

Post subject: Pure Emanation
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:05 am 
Site Admin

The story of the Immaculate Conception and Virgin Birth speaks the mystery of Pure Emanation – Lord Yeshua did not walk with his feet on the ground.

Yeshua, the man, was born of Joseph and Mary, but the Living Yeshua, the Christ, is born of the Virgin Mother – the karmic body of incarnation is transformed by Christ and the Holy Spirit into a Body of Pure Emanation. The Holy Spirit is the Mother Spirit, and she is the Virgin who receives the Light Seed of the Living Father and gives birth to the Sun of God, the One Anointed with Supernal Light. How does this come to pass? In Lord Yeshua we see the incarnation of a soul of a very high grade, one that was realized in a previous incarnation in the life-waves of another world and that was able to incarnate in the human life-wave on earth to heal the sin of Adam and to restore the original blessing (an incarnation of Pure Love and Compassion). What was the sin of Adam? Eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil before eating of the fruit of the Tree of Life he turned away from the Supernal Presence of God and directed the energy of his soul into materiality – he turned from pure spirituality to materiality, and thus the Body of Light became a body of flesh and blood. This sin is healed in Lord Yeshua, for becoming flesh and blood, and living and moving among us, he turned from materiality to pure spirituality, transforming his body into Light and Fire – the Supernal Body of Light. Thus, he became the Bread of Heaven and Wine of Supernal Grace – the fruit of the Tree of Life.

Egypt is the material world and Pharaoh is the Demiurge, Yaldabaot and his shadow, Satan (the hard heart of Pharaoh). Joseph and the children of Israel rehearsed the sin of Adam, for going down into materiality they became intoxicated and bound to materiality – according to the Torah their bondage was 400 years, representing the degradation of the Light Transmission from Keter of Keter at the level of Atzilut to Malkut of Malkut at the level of Asiyah. It is said that Joseph became a ruler in Egypt – hence a wealthy and powerful man possessed by an Archon. Intoxicated with materiality, Joseph and the children of Israel could not rise up to depart from Egypt, the Dominion of the Demiurge and Archons (they were too drunk!).

Consider Noah’s sin when he returned to “dry land” – materiality. He became intoxicated – he fell to this weakness of the bitter wine of materiality, and this karmic continuum of drunkenness continued through the patriarchs and prophets. Look and see these wealthy men! Of the wealthy Lord Yeshua said, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle then for a wealthy man to enter into the kingdom of heaven” – the Light Kingdom.

Lord Yeshua is called a Nazarene, as was the Prophet of the Gospel, John the Baptist, for they drank the wine of Supernal Grace but did not drink the wine of materiality and become drunk on it. This wine of Supernal Grace is the fine wine of the Wedding Feast that is saved to be served last – the Supernal Light stored up for the Tzaddikim (the Righteous) who seek pure spirituality.

The name of the earthly father of Yeshua is Joseph, the name sake of the patriarch who led the children of Israel into their complete bondage in Egypt. Thus, becoming the Messiah, the One Anointed with the Supernal Light of God, he became the tikkune of the sin of Joseph, the sin of Noah, the sin of Adam; thus, he became the tikkune of the world and the tikkune of the World of the Sefirot. How do we know the nature of this sin? Just look at the sign of the old covenant – the removal of the foreskin of klippot from the member of desire!

Indeed, we may say that Joseph was compelled by the Demiurge and Archons, and by the Lower Aeons – he was a man of his time, dominated by the presiding Aeon and its impurities. And so it was of the patriarchs/matriarchs and the prophets – they were peoples of their time, dominated by the presiding Aeons, and tainted with the corruption of the Demiurge (Ignorance) and Archons (Negativity). How often did the children of Israel run after strange gods and goddesses – the Archons that rule the world? Even the highest attainment of the old covenant – Cosmic Consciousness, retained something of the taint of the Demiurge (dualism), for it is the peak of the mental consciousness and the mental consciousness is inherently dualistic even in its highest peak. Thus, the patriarchs and prophets, though seeking spirituality still remained admixed, if only having the most subtle and sublime taint of dualism in consciousness – therefore, though receiving the Divine Revelation, they remained bound by the Law, the play of Cause and Effect.

It has been said by the masters of the Tradition that Enoch, Melchizedek and Elijah were Pure Emanation, but that the Inmost Essential Light Transmission could not be imparted and received until the taint of the Demiurge was completely removed – hence, until the mystery of the Crucifixion and Resurrection was enacted in the material dimension. Through this holy sacrifice the power of the Demiurge was crucified – hence brought to cessation.

Here we may speak the Wisdom of Pure Emanation – it is the Wisdom of Emptiness, which is Divine Fullness (the Pleroma of Light). If, in the inmost part of my soul, I am Pure Emanation, then the Self is No Self and I am not the doer, but rather all action is the activity of Pure Being – all is Pure Emanation. Thus, Lord Yeshua teaches us, saying, “I do nothing of myself, but I do what I see my Father doing,” and also, “He who has seen me has seen the Father.” In this light we may contemplate the “I Am statements” of the Lord, for they are utterances of Pure Being arising from the ground of Primordial Wisdom – the Virgin Mother of Christ.

Recognizing the Indweller of Light in us, and seeking pure spirituality – cleaving to the Risen Christ, we are set upon the Path of the Great Resurrection and Ascension, the True Exodus from Egypt. The Light-indweller truly is the Way, Truth and Life Divine!

We may say all who recognize and realize the Indweller of Light, and who reintegrate this Light-presence into the Light-continuum, are “born of the Holy Virgin”; for they are the Emanation of Pure Being, the Emanation of Clear Light Bliss. The appearance of these Tzaddikim (Apostles) is the Holy Bride – like a rainbow in the sky, they appear and disappear, Pure Emanation.

Who is the Virgin Mother? She is Mother Clear Light, pure Spirit-Space, from which arise the pure Elements of Consciousness that constitute the Spiritual Body of the Risen Christ; hence the Threefold Body of Melchizedek.

If you wish to meditate upon this, read and contemplate the Image of the Ascension – Acts 1:6-11. What does it mean to be lifted up and taken out of sight by a cloud, or to return in the same way – like a rainbow in the sky?

We may say, the Father is the True Light, the Mother is the Spiritual Sky, and the Son is the Rainbow Body in the Sky, the Image of the Father that appears – the Light, the Sky and the Rainbow are the Holy One. This is the inmost secret teaching of the Shema, which we may call the Mother’s Heart-song; the song of the Woman of Light whose Holy Child is taken up in Divine Rapture (Yah, Yod-He).

There is something to be said about the Mother, for she is the Virgin of Light who is above the Aeons and above the Dominion of the Demiurge and Archons; yet, as the Daughter, the Holy Bride, she is in everything and everyone below – the Entirety or Great Matrix. All is the Great Mother, above and below, within and without – and all is, in essence, Rainbow Glory.

Here we are speaking the essence of Christian Gnosticism – the essence of the Gnostic Gospel. Praise Yah! Praise the Lord of the Rainbow!

May we be blessed to acquire the Gnosis of Mother Sophia, the Virgin of Light, amen.

Blessings & shalom!

Post subject: The Wisdom of Emptiness
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:19 pm 

Greetings,

What an incredible meditation on pure Emanation! Thank you. Your words regarding the Wisdom of Emptiness and the suggestion that we strive for a state where "the Self is No Self and I am not the doer" reminds me of the story of Rabbi Elimelech of Lizensk:

"It was said of him that he had gone beyond his ego to the extent that he was no longer conscious of himself as a discrete entity. And because of this, he perpetually merged with the One of the universe. . . People would
follow his carriage but Elimelech could never understand why. He would ask his coachman why all the people were trailing behind and the coachman would explain about how the people wanted to follow after wisdom and holiness. And then Elimelech would decide that they were doing the right thing by following after the carriage. And he would get out and join the people following the empty carriage. . . . In another place we read that . . . 'One who is too filled with himself has no room for the Holy One.' Which is another way of saying that God only inhabits empty carriages. And that true holy men know this and that is why they get out of the carriage. . . . Now the way to this way of being is not through abnegation of oneself but rather through the realization that because one can do nothing else anyway, the carriage has been empty all along."
(from "Honey From the Rock," by Rabbi Lawrence Kushner).

I apologize for the lengthy quote, but I've always loved that story and it seemed somehow apropos.

Great forum. Blessings all.

Steven