a path in the mighty waters
(Isaiah 43.16).

In Kabbalah, the sea—yam—figures for Malkut, as when

All streams run to the sea,
but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
there they continue to flow
(Ecclesiastes 1.7).

As its surface is the lowest point on earth, the sea conceals literal and figurative depths:

‘But where shall wisdom be found?
And where is the place of understanding?
Mortals do not know the way to it,
and it is not found in the land of the living.
The deep says, “It is not in me”,
and the sea says, “It is not with me”
(Job 28:12-14).

With Ma's help, I hope to explore how the exodus from Egypt in this world led by Moses at the Sea of Reeds—Sea of the End (Sof Yam)—foreshadows the Great Exodus in the World to Come led by Yeshua in the Cross and Resurrection.

We'll remember that the Israelites walked on dry ground through the sea, the waters forming a wall for them on their right and on their left (Exodus 14.29). This mystery of walking figuratively through the sea speaks to the suspension of the karmic continuum. In a word, the sea represents the karmic transmigrations of souls: gilgulim. All streams run to the sea,/but the sea is not full figures precisely for the endless rounds of rebirth in the karmic continuum.

This effort of liberation in this world is not complete until souls can recognize and choose the World-to-Come, the Supernal World. This is possible only by a conscious immersion into the End-of-Days. I'm fascinated by the Messiah as Liberator from the gilgulim, beginning first with himself. The Way, Truth, and Life he models is not only a teaching, but embodied in self-offering. Moses led the way through; Yeshua's Cross and Resurrection is the path out. For Moses, Hashem parted the veil of the Sea of the End. For Yeshua, Hashem parted the veil of End-of-Days. If we're to evacuate the bondage to this world, we must serve others-as-ourselves to the very end. This is how I hear the Tav that is the Cross: Self-Annihilation.

Praise the One for revealing for all time the door of self-offering, the path through the sea.

Elder Gideon

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Who Shows the Path Through the Sea

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Shabbat Shalom!

Blessings to all the people and land this Shabbat Day!

Lift up your eyes on high and see:
Who created these?
He who brings out their host and numbers them,
calling them all by name;
because he is great in strength,
mighty in power,
not one is missing
(Isaiah 40.26).

Who created these?
מִי־בָרָא אֵלֶּה
Mi bara eleh?

Having introduced some principles of the karmic continuum as the word yam-sea, let us consider the reverse of these letters spelling the Hebrew pronoun for who. The Rabbis correspond Who-Mi as Binah-Elohim; their proof text verse from Isaiah 40:26 spells out the letters of Elohim (Mi+eleh) flanking the word bara-create, as from the first sentence of the revelation: In the Beginning created God: Bereshit bara Elohim.

The reverse of the sea-yam is the pronoun who-mi. This is all entirely relevant for us in Christian Kabbalah, as it is the Divine Mother who brings all into manifestation in time and becoming. She is the pure space in which the drama of revelation unfolds through the Fifty Gates of Understanding. She is the Fiftieth Gate: Mi: מי. She is Jubilee. She is the unconditioned awareness behind all transitions, even of death itself. It is in a virgin womb that She wove the body of the Christ-bearer. It is in a virgin tomb that She wove the solar body of the Risen Christ.

Mi nests on the face of the yam to find Her perfect reflection in Messiah: Tamim. The order of these letters hold the essence of this entire mystery. Mi: מי: Who, reflected in yam: ים sea. We'll note the state of the Mem in mi and yam. In mi, it is open; in yam it is closed. When both mi and yam overlap, the awareness of the One—ת—recognizes its innate perfection: tamim: תָּמִים.

In the Straight Path Teachings, we're asked: Who is the one breathing? Who is the one hearing? Seeing? Doing?

May more and more souls recognize and realize the One who is their light and salvation.

Elder Gideon

Marion

Re: A Path Through the Sea

#3 Postby Marion » Thu May 03, 2018 12:05 am

Shalom Elder Gideon,

Praise be to God for these teachings!

You opened this discourse with the verse:
“Thus says YHVH,
who makes a way in the sea,
a path in the mighty waters (Isaiah 43.16”

I am hearing the path through mighty water as the Shabbat, and the world—materiality is the mighty waters. Because you have said: “In a word, the sea represents the karmic transmigrations of souls: gilgulim.” The Shabbat was created, in God’s infinite Mercy and delight for human beings so that there would be “dry ground”, a path to transcend the karmic continuum of potentially endless cycles of birth and death.

I have often wondered, why is Lord Yeshua called “The King of Shabbat” and our Lady, “the Queen of Shabbat”? Perhaps it is having to with the Messiah, manifest as male and female, being the liberator from the gilgulim? In this, I am hearing when Yeshua lays down his life for us he is literally becoming the path through the sea. Hence Yeshua says: “I am the way, the truth and the life…” Praise be to God! As Shabbat is preserving life; like a vessel through the sea!

This mention of dry ground comes in the story of Moses leading the children of Israel through the sea to freedom from the bondage of Egypt. As I was considering this, it dawned that this might have been the first time since their slavery that they were able to keep Shabbat fully! Because, how could they keep the Shabbat perfectly under such oppressive rule? Also, the law had not been given yet, so it seems that before this time they were severely compromised.

So intriguing is this connection to Binah by way of Yam—sea, in reverse spelling Mi—who, which is a cognomen for Binah! In this I am remembering this is the first sphere of the space-time continuum. As such, can it be said that Binah is the sphere from which all souls arise? Their root, being in Hokmah and the wheel of Mazlot (Zodiacal signs)?

There is something most intriguing with this mention of Tamim, which has both an open and closed Mem. It sows up several times throughout scripture, often in the context of offering an unblemished sacrifice to the Lord, ie. a perfect sacrifice. Another place where it shows up is when God says to Abram:

“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him 'I am God Almighty; Walk before me and be blameless. I will establish my covenant between me and you, and I will multiply you exceedingly.’” Genesis 17:1.

Now, the first name of God in the above verse is El Yahweh, the second is El Shaddai, and the third is Yahweh by itself. When taken together, these verses have the names: Yahweh Yahweh El, and El Shaddai. There was a teaching of Yahweh Yahweh El a few years ago: http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3472. And in this teaching we are told that this is a name of the Mercy and Compassion God. The first utterance of Yahweh corresponds with Binah, which is Yahweh pronounced Elohim, the second Yahweh corresponds with Tiferet and Yahweh pronounced Yahweh, and El corresponds with Hesed—Mercy on the Tree of Life. In this way, we have another sacred chant: Yahweh Elohim Shaddai, which is the name of God in Revelation, with the addition of a double El, a double portion of Mercy. How wonderful is it that this word, Tamim holds both of these sacred chants! What does this say about this moment in scripture, and our keeping of Shabbat?

Praise be to you, Yahweh Yahweh El, the infinitely Merciful and Compassionate One, who has given us Yeshua Messiah—a path through the sea! Amen and Amen.

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

So It Shall Come to Pass

#4 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed May 09, 2018 4:33 am

Shalom Marion:

Your insights into the Divine Names that called Abram into covenant (Genesis 17:1) piqued my attention with another nuance of the path through the sea. Quite beautiful in Hebrew how the Great Name YHVH happens to have the preposition 'el' (meaning to, into, or concerning) which is spelled the same as the Divine Name El: Where it says literally, "appeared YHVH el Abram," could look like YHVH El, but it means simply, "appeared YHVH to Abraham."

You are quite correct with the next Name. "I am El Shaddai." Here, El is a Name! This is the first time this Name is revealed. This is momentous, having everything to do with perfection. YHVH Elohim Shaddai—which you cite being revealed in the Apocalypse—is also momentous, having everything to do with perfection.

The last arrangement isn't YHVH, but coincidentally, a command: And be: V HYH: Veh-Hi-YEH. Put them together and they form the same letters as YHVH, but in another permutation. If VHYH sounds familiar, it's because it's also a Divine Name: VeHiYah: And so it shall come to pass. This Name is the eastern arm of the Light Wheel and was revealed to a companion in a difficult dream as a secret Name of the Risen Savior. Praise the One!

If you wish to extend this contemplation of the command to "Be perfect" even further, consult the Twenty-Fourth Name of Hasidim that just happens to be HYH. There, we'll find mysteries of granting deep blessings, mercy undeserved, union with Messiah in El Elyon, secret knowledge of the Human One of Light, and so forth. It runs and runs. Compliment a study of this Name and see where it carries your contemplation of perfection.

Perhaps perfection isn't something we acquire, but, with the help of El Shaddai, we discover.

May the One bless and keep you in these kavannot and devekut!

Elder Gideon

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”