Sephiroth & planets

tradereng

Sephiroth & planets

#1 Postby tradereng » Mon May 07, 2018 10:05 am

I have seen some conflicting information on planets and the sephiroths according to different traditions and websites.
Kether: Is it Pluto or Neptune?
Chokmah: Is it Neptune or Uranus?
Daat: Is it Uranus or Pluto?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Ani Matahari

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Sephiroth & planets

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am

Shalom,

In our teachings we ascribe the traditional correspondences from Judaic Kabbalah and the Zohar, as reflected in "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ," focusing on the ancient cosmology/astrology rather than the modern astrology. Hokmah is the wheel of the zodiac, Keter the 'first swirling' and Da'at corresponds with all that's revealed, or actualized and realized of the infinite potential represented by Keter and the 'first swirling'; hence, Da'at holding the place of Keter in any Olam-Universe.

In our view attributing planets of modern astrology to Keter, Hokmah and Da'at would distract and would obstruct insight into the secret mysteries of those Divine Attributes, Sefirot. As an example, Da'at is the knowledge of God, the True Light, and having no celestial attribute indicates that throughout creation, including Asiyah - celestial spheres and this world, everything in creation is a 'sign' of God for those who have eyes to see, and and able to see, to a soul will behold the unveiling of God. Thus, no celestial attribute with Da'at indicates the possible acquisition of the knowledge of God through any and all of them, and more so knowledge of the Names of God, which correspond with the revelation of the Hidden and Supernal One, or how God is known.

If I were to attribute planets of modern astrology I imagine I'd contemplate associating pluto with Keter, uranus with Hokmah and neptune with Da'at, but I'm inclined to contemplate the Tree of Life through the original vision of it, focusing upon the knowledge of the Straight Path to God it conveys, the path through which we acquire knowledge of God through experiences of close proximity to God and oneness with God, and God's unveiling and self-disclosure to us. The ancient cosmology/astrology facilitates some very useful insights with regard to this.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”