Way of the Prophets (Numbers 11:29)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Way of the Prophets (Numbers 11:29)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:47 pm

The Way of Prophets and Apostles

“Would that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and the Lord would put his spirit on them!” (Numbers 11:29).

This was the response of Moshe to Joshua when it was reported that two elders had prophesied in the camp and he told Moshe what they were doing and believed Moshe should put a stop to it. It’s a curious story because seventy elders were registered and called to come out to the tent of meeting to be blessed and empowered as judges and guides among the people, the Lord taking something of the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, that was upon Moshe and putting it on the elders. Two of those registered and called, however, did not come out of the camp but remained behind, perhaps feeling unworthy of their call. Nevertheless when something of the Holy Spirit was passed to the elders who came out to the tent of meeting it also came upon the two who remained in the camp, and just as those who were surrounding the tent of meeting with Moshe in the Divine Presence, those two also prophesied, though with the seventy elders they only experienced prophecy on this occasion. It is curious because two who seemed to have withheld themselves received the anointing regardless.

If we consider this it speaks to the nature of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, and a true call or choosing in the Holy Spirit. Indeed, whether at the tent of meeting or elsewhere, there is the Divine Presence, for though the Divine Presence might be unveiled on one place and veiled in another, the Divine presence is everywhere, encompassing and pervading all creation, and there is, in truth, no being removed from or apart from the Divine Presence of Yahweh Elohim, the Eternal God. Likewise, if indeed a soul is called and is chosen, and a special anointing is destined to them from God, there is no escaping it, no avoiding it, but it will come upon that souls regardless of where they are, and they will be taken up by the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, as the Most High ordains. In this regard, of course, we might reflect upon the story of Jonah, the reluctant prophet of God!

Now, when there is a call and a soul is chosen, and a special anointing comes upon them, there is a witness of the Holy Spirit, and they are revealed and confirmed by the Holy Spirit, much as we hear with these elders ordained as judges and guides among the people. Their being taken up in prophecy was a witness and confirmation of the Holy Spirit that others could recognize, the empowerment of these seventy elders being revealed before the people. Essentially, for that time they were uplifted into the state of a prophet and prophethood, though it was not their proper grade or station, and then that state passed from them, though they continued to hold a higher station and other states conveyed in their anointing or ordination. This is common when one is called and is chosen, and receives a special anointing, there is a witness of the Holy Spirit, and with the influx of the Holy Spirit states beyond the actual anointing might flash forth for a while, sealing the spiritual empowerment.

The response of Moshe to Joshua, though, is what most catches my attention and stirs my heart at this time, especially today. It is a lovely prayer, invocation, for his community, and it is a direct expression of the ultimate intention of God Most High in revelation, that all people might have have knowledge of God as the prophets do - that all might follow the way of the prophets and apostles of God. At the same time we may say that this, itself, is a prophecy, spoken at a time when the spirit of prophecy was moving in the assembly, a prophecy of the eventual advent of the Messiah, one that was echoed by other prophets, such a Joel:

“I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. Even on male and female slaves, in those days, I will pour out my spirit” (2:28-29).

Thus Moshe had seen and understood the coming of the Messiah, the time of the great outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and he spoke of the Straight Path - ‘Gnostic Path,’ the way of the prophets and apostles of God, which is the heart essence of the law, going beyond the law to take God Most High as one’s spiritual guide, God being the True Guide. This, of course, is the manifestation of the Messiah who is rightly called the ‘Good Shepherd’ and the Way.

Unless the Spirit of God sets a soul upon the Straight Path and leads them in the Way, who can enter it and sojourn upon it? Just as with the prophets and apostles, unless called and chosen, and anointed with the Holy Spirit, souls cannot enter and sojourn the Straight Path; hence the play of Light Transmission, or Initiation, with the tzaddikim, gnostics, of the Straight Path and their companions.

There is something to be said of being called and chosen, for as Adonai Yeshua taught, “Many are called but few are chosen.” Through the three great revelations of the One Way, One God, many indeed are called to the Straight Path, and yet relatively few are chosen, for relatively few engage in a full turning to God, a passionate seeking so as to ‘find’ and be ‘found.’ For our part, to be ‘chosen,’ we must have sincere faith, a heart and mind uplifted to God, and a deep desire for the knowledge of God, and we must pray and meditate. Turning to God, God turns to us, and so answering the call through turning, we are chosen and God sets us upon the Straight Path, and sending us a tzaddik, so God leads us in the Way. If not a living tzaddik, then perhaps a heart tzaddik or secret tzaddik, though a living tzaddik is better for us.

Naturally, among mystics, all seek to be set upon the Straight Path, and being set upon the Path they labor for the true knowledge of God, akin to that of the prophets and apostles of God.

There is much more than might be shared in this thread of contemplations, but this seems to be enough for the moment. Something of these contemplations seemed good to share on this Holy Day of the Feast of Apostolic Succession.

May God guide us in the Way! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Heavy Lifting

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:47 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

This word from the One for our Feast of the Apostolic Succession fills my mind coming out of prayer this morning. Would indeed that all of the Children of Israel—the Elect of God—bore the burden of oracles of God.

The archaic word for oracle or prophecy—'massa'—happens to also mean the same as the word family of carrying, porterage, tribute, and lifting. We've explored this word already some years ago. If we're ever figuratively doing 'heavy lifting' with deep emotional processes, we are bearing a kind of burden within which is an oracle, a message, a direction from the One for others.

Out the outset of their call, true prophets seem to have struggled to accept what is theirs to lift. We hear the honest humanity in Moses, Yeshua, Mohammed, and many others who cry aloud of the burden of prophecy. This can't be more clear when Moses reflects in Deuteronomy of the time when the Children of Israel told him from fear, Go near, you yourself, and hear all that the LORD our God will say. Then tell us everything that the LORD our God tells you, and we will listen and do it (5:27). So when Moses declares, Would that all the Lord's people were prophets, I hear another angle: Would that all be willing to the burden of prophecy.

This isn't suggesting all are called to lead with prophecy, rather, hearing and doing—applying and manifesting—the message, to lift with the prophet the work of God's words revealed to them. To lift the burden with the prophet is to live according to God's words revealed through them.

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Way of the Prophets (Numbers 11:29)

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:34 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

“Come unto me all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).

These words of the Master suggest something different, and they might suggest a different desire for the people in the words of Moshe to Joshua. Understand, essentially the task of the prophet or apostle is to bear the word of Yahweh to the people, their message, nothing more and nothing less; whether people listen and receive the word, and are willing to receive instruction and guidance, is not up to them. Then, integral to this, is the giving of spiritual assistance and intervention, intercession for their Community. Understand, in the station of Prophethood or the station of Apostleship, or the station of the Knower of God (Gnostic Being), then they abide in the most intimate nearness or oneness, and as such in their words and actions are no longer the doer, but rather it is Yahweh, Shekinah, that is the Doer. Thus, inwardly they bear no burden, though indeed outwardly there are apparent burdens, and there is sharing in the sorrow and suffering of the people, their Community.

The apparent outward burden of spiritual leadership, however, is indeed often spoken by Adonai Yeshua, as it was by other prophets before him. As an example when he says to some disciples and some people gathered around him, “You faithless and perverse generation, how much longer must I be with you? How much longer must I put up with you? (Matthew 17:17) This is, indeed, a severe rebuke and expresses a certain burden.

Understand this “burden,” this great anguish, this great grief, this great frustration, in the hearts and souls of the prophets and apostles, and all of the knowers of God! If a person knew, experienced, the delights of intimate nearness and oneness, and knew how simple, straightforward and easy it is to draw near and realize the Oneness of God, knowing the Mystic Truth of the immediate and innate oneness of inner aspects of the soul and the Divine Self with God Most High, but then they saw how many bound up in sheer ignorance, the illusion of separation, and their egos, refused instruction and guidance, refused to turn to God, or turning to God swiftly turned away and were lead far astray, it would be a painful burden, a great sorrow, grief, that pains the heart and soul, paining ‘down to the bone,’ in a manner of speaking. In spiritual leadership there is this ‘burden’ carried by the prophets, apostles and tzaddikim, very much so!

You see, such holy and enlightened ones carry a deep desire and hope for the enlightenment and liberation of all living spirits and souls, the desire that all might reach such lofty rungs as Truth, Prophethood, Apostleship, Knower of God, and experience the most intimate nearness or oneness - true salvation. Indeed, many, even on the pains of torture and death, labored for this and willingly gave their lives to bear witness and glorify God Most High, and those who teach and initiate willingly engage the struggle to instruct and guide unruly companions, taking on sins, negative karma of their friends.

Truly, their outward burden is our struggle against them, against ourselves, and against God. Inwardly, though, inseparable from the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, their ‘yoke is easy’ and their ‘burden is light,’ for God is the Doer, the various Names of God becoming manifest with, in and through them, and as them, as there is need.

Concerning ‘my burden is light,’ we may actually contemplate this as the idea of a ‘light-bearer,’ or ‘carrying light’ to the people; hence the play of Light Transmission with the prophets, apostles and tzaddikim. Understanding the Light Transmission as the essence of the word of Yahweh, or as the essence of their message, so this primarily is their work, their mission, their duty as ordained by God Most High.

In this you may understand that the burden of the prophets, apostles and tzaddikim is their Community, the labor to uplift their Community, often at times with parts of that Community striving and complaining against them. The true intention of Community, however, is that each labors to turn and uplift themselves to God, and labors to help others in Community turn and be uplifted; hence, people of the Community taking on the work of their prophet, apostle or tzaddik as their very own duty given by God.

The passage cited above of the rebuke given by Adonai Yeshua reflects this, for it is spoken on an occasion when some disciples failed in an attempted exorcism because their turning was incomplete and they were not uplifted in the spiritual action. Thus it fell to Yeshua to complete the spiritual action.

In closing we can share that the times we are living in are even darker and more perverse, and so pose an even greater challenge to messengers and tzaddikim, so there needs to be a labor in Anointed Community with even greater force and zeal, each initiate striving and co-laboring with the Divine Presence to live as the tzaddikim, to truly follow in the way of the prophets and apostles of God, and striving to be well established in higher stations and states, as far as is possible and God wills it.

May our turning be complete and may we learn to abide uplifted! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”