Greetings

Rattle

Greetings

#1 Postby Rattle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:14 am

Shalom!

I I wanted to introduce myself here properly. I've had a passing interest in Gnosticism for many years but wasn't familiar with this community. I used to lurk and post occasionally in the Palm Tree Garden forum and later in Spiral Inward. PTG is gone and spiral inward is much quieter, I'm happy to see the active community here, but still it looks like there was more activity in the past. I don't know if everyone's moved to facebook or reddit or somewhere, but if so I haven't followed.

I've had an interest in the mind and consciousness as long as I remember, now I have a mostly rationalist perspective. I'm also influenced by western style Buddhism - mindfulness, philosophy and ethics to some extent but not the mythology and only as an individual. I'm an IT contractor, and I'm wary of the risks in AI and related new technologies. There is a limited amount of thought going into avoiding risks, but little on the impacts to consciousness, and very little from a spiritual perspective.

I working towards being more directly in the discussion on AI with this in mind, and a friend recommended reading Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ. I've a Catholic upbringing, so some of the symbolism is familiar, and I've found the practical insights valuable, but much is it is going over my head. For now I'm focusing on the sections I find meaningful, and trying to maintain a habit around the spiritual practices described.

BrandonLw

Re: Greetings

#2 Postby BrandonLw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Welcome!

Pleasure to meet you and welcome to the forum community.
Brandon
Sacramento, CA

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Shalom!

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Shalom and welcome to our forum!

There's nothing quite like this anywhere. I hope it serves your needs well.

If you'd like to interact with us in other platforms, please consider our chatroom.
Register here if you'd like to meet other practitioners in our lineage. 

Our Shabbat meetings are also broadcast in YouTube. Search Ecclesia Pistis Sophia and you'll see dozens of topics that are available. 

In addition to our forum and books, I hope these resources speak to you. If there's anything more we can offer, please reach out!

We wish you all of the continued best in the Holy One of Being! 

Shalom!

Elder Gideon

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#4 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 am

Shalom and Welcome!

It is great to meet you, welcome to our forum! Your mention of your experience with Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ is a experience we hear often, you are not alone here, and you are off to a great start with the teachings and practices presented there. Working with the practices listed in the book can provide a very solid continuum of Spiritual practice, and even just reading and contemplating what stands out to you, regardless of what is understood or not, can have deep grounding effects, ones we might not even be aware of. Thank you for sharing your experience! Blessings

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Rattle

#5 Postby Rattle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 am

Thank you Brandon, Elder Gideon and Elder Sarah for your replies and suggestions. I've started going through the Shabbat meeting recordings, and may see you in chat at some stage.

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”