The loving God

Moderator: Brother Christopher

xmode

The loving God

#1 Postby xmode » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 am

Greetings!

I just feel, thinking about God & focusing on Him in everyday life is like a prayer...

I want to share, that sometimes when I pray I start feeling very sick & it feels like I'm dying..What do you think about that? It is not normal. Migh be , because of my sins, that's the only thing I can think of?

Any thoughts brothers?
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: The loving God

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Shalom,

Indeed, our God is a loving God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful, All-Forgiving, and it is good to remember this as you turn to God in prayer and meditation; likewise, it is good to pray as though your ‘see’ God before you, aware of the Divine Presence within you, surrounding you on all sides, and ever beyond you - hence in faith, or in awareness, that God is always with you and that you are, in reality, never apart from the Divine Presence.

The remembrance of God, or invocation of the Name of God, throughout the day is a most important practice or devotion, and likewise, giving praise and thanks to God in all things, aware of the simple and deep blessings in all things, even those that initially, outwardly, might not seem so. This, joined with the times or prayer and turning to God in prayer and meditation, is central to the Straight Path, the Gnostic Path, as is forgiveness and mercy and kindness to others, ‘charity,’ ‘love.’ It may be said, in a certain sense to the knowers of God, gnostics, invocation, remembrance, is most essential and supreme, for it may lead to a station of inmost converse with God in God, and you may find that in invocation, remembrance, itself all prayers are answered, all needs fulfilled. Praise God!

As for turning to God and praying, and the various obstructions, or barriers, that may be encountered, they are many, and as we sojourn in the Way passing from station to station they become more and more subtle, though not so subtle to those with understanding. They will stand out as much, or more, than the dense and thick barriers that arise early on to those who understand. Whatever the obstruction or barrier, though, we will set of focus upon God, having kavvanah, and we will cleave to God, having devekut, and we will continue until the fruition of prayer and meditation, and so integrate and uplift whatever is arising.

We hear of all manner of apparently physical, emotional, mental and spiritual obstructions, all manner of barriers that sojourners encounter in their spiritual practices or devotions, and yes things something like what you are recounting are among those we have heard aspirants mention to us. First understand that while parts of us desire to turn to God, desire to pray and meditate, and so on, and truly wish to seek God and find God, early on there are other parts that do not, and those parts that might come along a ways with us before resisting, revolting, rebelling full force; hence, at times we may find a powerful vital resistance like what you are describing, blocking the flow of energy, engaging in a fierce vital recoil. When such things arise, first and foremost it is important not to pay them too much attention, not to focus on the discomfort, the more you do the more power you give it and it will increase and become much worse. Also, whatever might be arising, it is important to offering it up to the Lord, and invoke the grace and mercy of the Lord upon it, and pray that the Spirit of the Lord, the Divine Presence, might take it up and so deliver you from it, or heal you. When you invoke the Lord in regard to such things, do so in faith, trusting in God, and do not give way to doubt, but abide confident in the Presence of the Lord (Yahweh, Yeshua), taking refuge in God Most High (El Elyon). Offering it up, continue your prayer session in faith and love, regardless. If, indeed, in the midst or prayer I thought I was about to die, I’d likely engage in prayers of self-offering, pleading with the Lord to receive my offering and take me! In this the movement would be transformed into something very different, and likely the phantom obstruction would swiftly vanish. After all, what better time and way to die than in the midst of prayer and meditation, cleaving to God, at one with God? Praise God!

Now, if there are shades and shadows arising, or residual of sin, negative karma, you could also take up the practice of giving and receiving with oneself, the instructions for which you will find on our main website under ‘practices.’ Likewise, pray for forgiveness and mercy from God, and pray that the Spirit of God might help you overcome all barriers and complete your turning - ask for whatever help or intervention you need, and if a significant matter ask others to also pray with you.

When such resistances arise you want to be proactive and engage in a conscious response in prayer and meditation, and continue to do so until, with God’s help, in God’s mercy and grace, you are able to overcome. Then, naturally, remember to give praise and thanks to God for what God has done when you have been victorious in God.

These are some thoughts I can share with you, I pray they might be of some assistance to you.

I will hold you in my heart and prayers.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

Re: The loving God

#3 Postby xmode » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank you mr. Malachi! You always explain things in great detail & you've been very helpful to me. God Bless!

I'll be posting several threads because I need information, so users, don't consider it like spamming.
Know Thyself.

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”