With All Your Heart

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

With All Your Heart

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Shabbat Eve Shalom, Tau Malachi:

I've recently discovered in the Shema a fascinating point worth exploring.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (Deuteronomy 6:4-5).

With all your heart: בְּכָל־לְבָבְךָ: b'kol levav'KHA

We'll note two Hebrew letter Bet that invoke a classical mystery in Kabbalah of the good and evil inclination overlapping within the human heart. Any aspirant is pulled into the spiritual journey first through a desire to receive—the evil inclination. There seems to be few exceptions. All the raw, unconscious energy of the evil or 'other' inclination—sitra 'ahara'—must be purified and refined by the good inclination—sitra tov. The goodness of the good inclination is present with or without the additives of the evil inclination. In the human heart, however, the question always concerns which is 'fed,' so to speak: propped up, supported, contemplated? With which is one going to identify? To what is what going to default? How shall the 'younger,' less conscious sibling serve the 'elder sibling' within oneself?

What more inspires you, Tau, given the significance of 'heart' in the Shema, here have both implied inclinations?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: With All Your Heart

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:12 am

Grace and peace to you in the Blessed Name of Yeshua Messiah!

It is said, “…with all your heart,’ this is reflected in the very spelling of heart with two Bet, as you have pointed out. As we know in the Holy Kabbalah when the word for heart is written with a single Bet it indicates a ‘single’ heart, a ‘circumcised’ heart, or ‘pure’ heart, and it may refer to the generation of the Sacred Heart, or the realization of the ‘heart of the soul’ as the Heart of God in an experience of oneness with God. When written with two Bet it is said to imply the opposite, as though there are ‘two’ hearts, or a heart uncircumcised, or impure, and in some way a heart ‘other than’ or opposite to the Heart of God. Thus, the two spellings indicate the enlightened and unenlightened condition, respectively. As you have indicated, as faith dawns and we turn to God, being set upon the Path of Return, we all begin in the ignorance, the unenlightened condition, and the desire to receive for self alone. This desire of the ego, the ‘evil inclination,’ is a significant driving force and tends to taint our faith and love, or desire for God, at the outset and through much of our spiritual journey. In this world there are, in fact, no exceptions to this, regardless of the grade of soul or how lofty its realization in previous incarnations. Entering into this world and the darkness of matter all spirits and souls fall into the ignorance, forgetfulness, more or less; therefore, setting out to seek and find God, or enlightenment, all begin in the ignorance and struggle with the ‘evil inclination.’

This is acknowledged in the commandments cited following the Shema, the proclamation of the Absolute Oneness of Yahweh, for although, indeed, in a state of ignorance and impurity, we turn to God, and seek to love God, we must strive to cleave to God the best we can and seek to do what is good and true, godly, turning away from what is not good and not true, ungodly. As we do so we ask for God’s help, and we invoke God’s mercy and grace, and forgiveness, and ask that the Spirit of God might deliver us and heal us, and guide us in the Way. After all, it’s not like we can sit around and wait until we are perfect, enlightened, to turn to God in prayer and to worship God. No one one would ever realize their innate perfection or enlightenment in that way!

We must be where we are, and we must begin where we are - “Here I am.”

Now, understanding that our beginning in the ignorance, the illusion of separation, and it can be no other way, let us understand the Shema, let us understand that ‘Yahweh is One,’ that in truth nothing exists separate and apart from Yahweh - the Eternal One; in reality there is nothing other than Yahweh. Understanding this, we are set upon the Path of Love, the love of Yahweh and the love of all people, all creatures, aware that the very existence, or the life and light of all people, all creatures, all things, is a manifestation of Yahweh Elohim - the Eternal God. Thus, loving ‘others’ we are loving One God, we are loving Yahweh. It can be no other way in the awareness of the Absolute Oneness that God Is, for there is God and God alone, there is no other!

The Path of Love is the Path of the Heart, and so it is written, “…with all your heart,’ but then so also with the soul, the mind, body and life, our whole being, cleaving to the Holy One, seeking to become aware of the Holy One within us, surrounding us in all sides, and manifesting as us, and likewise within, surrounding and manifesting as every creature and the entire creation. That the essential commandment is love, so the heart is central to seeking and finding God, and to realizing nearness and oneness with God, or acquiring knowledge of God. Indeed, in fact, the heart is the dwelling place of God - the ‘house of God’ (Bet El), and it is in the heart the God unveils and discloses Godself to us. Thus truly, the heart and ‘stations of the heart,’ are crucial in our turning to God.

This love, of course, corresponds with a complete self-offering, submission, surrender to God Most High, so that we love and serve God with the entirety of who we are in ourselves and our lives, and with who and what we are in God, the True Light. The ego, the evil inclination, must be brought into complete submission to our heavenly soul and Divine Self, the good inclination, the desire to receive being brought into the service of the desire to give. This is indicated by the two Bet in the word for heart in this passage. It is a direct instruction for how to turn, draw nearer to God and realize oneness with God. So with everything we are, and everything we have, we seek to love God and serve God, and in the awareness of the Oneness of God we love people, creatures, and we serve people, creatures, as God desires. When this submission is complete, perfect, so the ego and ego-grasping pass away as the soul enters into conscious union with Yahweh Elohim, being utterly consumed and transformed in the revelation and realization of the Divine Self, or revelation of the Absolute Oneness of God, the Infinite One (Ain Sof). In this play of complete and total submission, surrender, ‘passing away,’ there is the generation of the heart spelt with a single bet, which is to say the realization of the Heart of God, Heart of the Messiah manifest as one’s own heart.

There is something more to be said concerning this, for each soul is unique and individual, and the revelation of God is unique and individual with, in and through, and as each holy soul; and therefore, you must serve the Lord as you, as who you are in yourself and who you are in God, and no other. Receiving the anointing of the Holy Light and Spirit from God, so the whole of you is anointed by God, body and soul, and everything. Thus, you are called to be who you are with God and in God, and to be most truly yourself - not your ego, the false self, but your true self, the Divine Self, the Divine I Am.

The revelation of God to you will be unique, as to no other, and so you will have unique knowledge of God different from what is given to others; indeed, for how can the unveiling of God and self-disclosure of God in the secret place of your heart be the same as in any other heart? It cannot be! Thus, truly, God has something special for each of us as God gives Godself to us, and we in turn seek to be special for God so that we might glorify God Most High.

This is what I’m inclined to share today. I can’t share anymore in the moment. This is enough.

May God open our hearts and fully indwell us! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Their Cross

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

The ego, the evil inclination, must be brought into complete submission to our heavenly soul and Divine Self, the good inclination, the desire to receive being brought into the service of the desire to give. This is indicated by the two Bet in the word for heart in this passage. It is a direct instruction for how to turn, draw nearer to God and realize oneness with God. So with everything we are, and everything we have, we seek to love God and serve God, and in the awareness of the Oneness of God we love people, creatures, and we serve people, creatures, as God desires.

I'm most grateful for this insight in the two Bet here spelling heart. Such immediate wisdom! As we discussed this in person, I heard If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me (Mark 8:34). When the Perfect Master speaks of one taking up their cross, it must be their portion of all there is to forgive and release in this life. In a word, passing away. Each one of us have our work in the karmic continuum to purify and dissolve, with God's help. I can no longer separate this from the evil inclination to pull a mind and heart back into the past as a justification for a present challenge. This is ongoing for all of us willing to take up our particular cross.

Just as I can't separate my cross from my experience of the evil inclination, neither does there seem to be much different from who I am as I am in myself. They're quite connected in ways I'd not considered earlier. You explicitly make this connection with the two Bet as well, when you said, There is something more to be said concerning this, for each soul is unique and individual, and the revelation of God is unique and individual with, in and through, and as each holy soul; and therefore, you must serve the Lord as you, as who you are in yourself and who you are in God, and no other. Who I am as I am in myself must serve the LORD: Who I am as I am in God.

To love the LORD my God with all of my heart is both my evil inclination—who I am in myself—serving the good inclination—who I am in the One. This consolidation into one Bet, one heart, proclaims "my gospel" of how I came to be delivered from the enemy, the "other."

My question remains. Rather than two inclinations of equal strength at war within myself, the good inclination more and more feels like the purification of the evil inclination. It's a subtle difference I'd welcome more help understanding.

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: With All Your Heart

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:51 am

Blessings to you from Adonai Messiah and El Elyon!

What follows the Shema, declaration of faith in the Absolute Oneness of God Most High, is the very essence of the law and the prophets, which in truth is a single commandment to love, to love Yahweh and to love all people, all creatures. As we know, Achad, ‘one,’ and Ahava, ‘love,’ both equal thirteen, and so on an energetic level, or spiritual and metaphysical level, they are the same. Thus, love is the direct expression of the knowledge of the Absolute Oneness of God, and the awareness of our innate oneness with God and all people, all creatures. This is reflected in the single commandment, or essential instruction, given by Adonai Yeshua to his disciples, “Love one another as I have loved you.”

This is the true desire of the soul, to love, and understanding the original commandment to all living spirits and souls is the divine utterance, “Be,” we may say that the essential commandment to us is to ‘Be Love.’

It is true, there is a single holy desire in our heavenly or supernal soul, and it is the desire for God, the desire to love; but in the ignorance, the illusion of separation, and the play of ego-grasping, and its desires and fears, this desire becomes distorted, tainted, corrupted, with selfishness, the desire to receive for self alone, often at the expense of others and our environment. Thus, in effect, there are two inclinations, two conflicting desires, the desire to receive and the desire to give, and when divided, separated, the desire to receive leads to sin, negativity, or evil; hence, the ‘evil inclination.’

This is very clear when we look and see what drives unenlightened human society, the ignorance, the greed and lust, that dominates the world, corrupting the world and driving the world towards destruction; clearly the desire to receive for self alone is the manifestation of a great and growing evil, darkness, in this world that generates immeasurable sorrow and suffering, or death and destruction.

In its origin, in the One Soul and God, this desire is single, and so indeed there is simple desire, pure desire, to be, to receive and to give, to know God - the True Existence, the True Light. If and when the desire to receive is reunited with the desire to give, and the ultimate intention, desire, is giving, loving, then the desire to receive is redeemed, there is one holy intention, holy desire to give, and in this the soul is unified with God Most High, who is the All-Giver.

Understanding this perhaps we may understand why forgiveness and charity are taught as central devotions in all three branches of the One Faith - charity, generosity, giving being emphasized by all of the prophets of God. The call to charity in the Holy Gospel, such as for example in the Sermon on the Mount, is perhaps the most radical, but in all three great revelations of God look and see how there is a call for the redirection of our desire towards giving, loving, the giving of ourselves to God and to one another in love.

We may speak at times of esoteric mysteries of uplifting the ‘serpent power’ and the knowledge and power that becomes manifest when we do, but understand, the ‘serpent power’ is desire energy, and ‘uplifting’ it corresponds with giving, radical charity, love! Those strong in charity, passionate in love, will naturally awaken, uplift and redeem the serpent power - they will need no fancy yogic practice to do so, none whatsoever! Indeed, for when there is the fullness of faith and love, and the good works of charity, self-offering, the Divine Presence, the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, indwells and takes up that person, and they will be perfected, completed, with the Holy Spirit, God gifting them with the qualities of God, and their body will be the body of God, their heart the heart of God, their mind the mind of God, the soul the One Soul - Soul of God.

The generation of love, compassion, this is the very essence of the One Way!

“Let your eye be single…”, let your desire be single, let your heart be single, and you will be whole, filled with the Holy Light of the Messiah, the Infinite Light God of the Supernal One. Praise God!

In closing perhaps we ought to remember that Achad and Ahava are among the Names of God; and so Yahweh Achad, Yahweh Ahava!

O Yahweh Elohim, with the holy fire of Your Sacred Heart may our hearts be purified, consumed by Your Heart - Your Love! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”