The Spirit

Moderator: Brother Christopher

xmode

The Spirit

#1 Postby xmode » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:13 am

What happens if I associate myself with the spirit within ?

Obviously, I'm not the body I occupy.
Know Thyself.

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: The Spirit

#2 Postby sheryl » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:22 am

Shalom Yani!

Your question moves me this morning, if I might try to put into words the thoughts that come to mind.

Turning our orientation within is the beginning of the journey. And as we labor to increasingly shift our perspective and alignment from the outer to the inner, all those things that chained us to the world, to the surface of things, will be brought into our awareness, into the light that shines from within.

And you will know the Truth and the Truth will make you free. John 8:32

The curious thing about this teaching of Master Yeshua is the response his listeners had. "We have never been in bondage to any man."

Initially in the journey we see that we have indeed been in bondage, that our paradigms and mentalities have been a prison of our own making. But this is only the beginning of the Truth that we will know that will make us free.

Our teachings tell us that in this journey within, going deeper and deeper still, we will find That which is "wearing us". So yes, we are more than the body we are wearing - something beyond our imagings is wearing us.

May we all find the Truth that will make us free. Amen

Sheryl

xmode

#3 Postby xmode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:48 am

Hello,

I hadn't seen that I actually have a responce on my thread..

Nice post of yours. Shifting towards inside is important,exciting, even might be scary sometimes.What you say, I agree.

Isn't the divine spark within, what others call Spirit? It is, i know. :) I guess, one.has the choice to identify themselves either with the body or with the Spirit...

I accidently ran into this quote today...

"Knowledge can be obtained by man only through the awareness of the Spirit within.Lack of awareness is the tragedy of today's civilization".

-Walter Russel

<3
Know Thyself.

Anna

#4 Postby Anna » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Dear Yani,
Shifting inside will bring you the answer you seek. Pray, pray, and be kind, as Tau so often encourages us to do. Your question can only be answered as you go within and live within, and go deeper still. This is a path of gnosis - experiential knowledge of the mysteries of soul and God. Our teachings are only pointing instructions. Each of us must travel the path with humility and sincere desire, waiting upon God Most High for revelations of the Mysteries.

God bless you on your journey!
Shalom!
Anna

Aknaton

#5 Postby Aknaton » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:23 pm

xmode wrote:What happens if I associate myself with the spirit within ?

Obviously, I'm not the body I occupy.

Good morning dear, I should think that you have found the answer to your query and received much light and insight from our dearests who offered to attend to this same query. Allow me to shed some extra light, if you will.

The Spirit and the flesh are in opposition, turning to the former is to turn away from the latter, and one goes into the way of perfection that is lead by the Spirit. One eventually becomes perfect as the Father is perfect. And this makes us a true son, as Christ is.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Blessings to you in the Holy Light of the Messiah, the Anointing!

It is true that in the ignorance, the illusion of separation, the flesh, matter, appears opposite to the Spirit. Likewise, in the unenlightened condition, self-will, self-cherishing, and the play of desire and fear arising in the ignorance, is often in opposition to the intention of the Spirit, or the will of the Holy One. That is true, and yet in truth there is nothing that exists apart from the Spirit of God, and inwardly all that appears is a radiant or magical display of the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim); for that matter, the Holy Light that is ‘above’ is everywhere here ‘below,’ and that very light is the secret center of every particle of matter composing the flesh, the body, and everything else here, even the stones or minerals.

If and when we receive the anointing of the Holy Light and Spirit from ‘above,’ being ‘reborn from above,’ as we surrender to that Divine Grace, our mind, heart and body are transformed by the Holy Light and Spirit, the Messiah and Holy Spirit taking up our person and life, even transforming, ‘redeeming,’ our flesh. In a manner of speaking, as we receive, experience, the Light Transmission, and the full communication of the Holy Spirit, that Holy Light and Spirit is awakened, activated, in our soul, and in our flesh; this Divine Power, and corresponding Divine Attributes, having been a latent, or dormant potential in us all the while, even in our very ‘flesh.’

Receiving this true chrism - anointing - and integrating it, allowing the Holy Spirit to engage in her full Divine Action, uplifting the soul into the higher stations and states, reaching the station of passing away, and those within, beyond, the body becomes as the Body of God, the heart as the Heart of God, the mind as the Mind of God, and there is seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, tasting and touching with God, in God - all within and through the purified, transformed, ‘flesh.’ In this is the realization of Messianic Consciousness and the Absolute Oneness of God Most High (El Elyon); hence, that in Reality, Truth, there is only the Holy One - the ‘Great Spirit,’ and the Holy One alone, there is no other, no opposite - the ‘opposite’ is unreal, illusory.

This is not to say that in the ignorance, dualism, the illusion of separation, there isn’t a relative reality of twoness, separation, and so opposition; but in the ultimate reality of the Oneness of God, the True Light, the ‘other’ has never had any substantial and independent self-existed. In awakening from sleep and dream how substantially and independently self-existent was the dream world and all that appeared in it, how ‘real’ was the apparent ‘other’ or ‘opposition.’

The Holy Kabbalah teaches something very intriguing, which we find completely true in our Gnostic experience, and the dawn of Supernal Consciousness, or Messianic Consciousness in it. According to the Zohar, nefesh, the ‘vital soul,’ which is the life, existence, of the ‘flesh,’ the body, emanates from Keter-Crown, the inmost Divine Attribute (Sefirah); as such the radiance of the Supernal Crown, or God Most High (El Elyon), is in it - inwardly there is the reality of pure emanation, but in the ignorance this truth is not recognized and realized.

Our Gnostic experience does not lead us to teach or preach the dualistic view of many classical Gnostic schools, nor even that of much of mainstream ‘Christianity,’ but rather our experience is of a non-dual truth, reality, and the complete Oneness of God; hence, ours is a creation centered spirituality as we perceive God, the True Light, in all things, though indeed God is understood as ever beyond the entirety of creation - the Infinite and Eternal One being immanent and transcendent.

It’s all about opening, and receiving, the Holy Light and Spirit from above, and the co-labor, in an active and dynamic surrender, with the Holy Light and Spirit, integrating that Light and Spirit with all levels of our consciousness, our being, including the body, the flesh.

In closing I’ll remind of a beautiful saying in the Book of Job: “From my flesh I shall see God (Elohim).

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”