Quest. about God

Moderator: Brother Christopher

xmode

Quest. about God

#1 Postby xmode » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:23 am

Hello,
Is God present in non-living objects? I feel that the Spirit is behind matter at all, but I need to ask you anyway.

Also, my spirit within is like extention and manifestation of The Holy Spirit, correct ?
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Quest. about God

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

“Yeshua said, ‘I am the light over all things, I am all. From me all has come forth, and to me all has reached. Split a piece of wood, I am there. Lift up the stone and you will find me there'” (Thomas 77).

This is perhaps the most famous saying of the Gospel of Thomas and it is certainly among my favorites. The plain surface meaning indicates that, indeed, the Word and Spirit of God is in all things, including apparently inanimate objects. Likewise we know that material, inanimate objects can be consecrated, something of the power of heaven and God - Holy Light and Spirit, being set into them and called from within them. Truly, God is within all things, and contains all things, and yet, all in a great and supreme mystery, God is ever beyond all things, creation.

All phenomena of creation, the natural world, are ‘signs’ of God revealing secrets of God if we learn how to ‘read’ them, and everything is as a ‘veil’ upon the face of God, and receiving the Holy Light and Spirit of God, awakening that Light and Spirit in us, the Spirit giving birth to the Word in us, so the ‘veils’ may part, or be remove, that we might ‘see’ God - Elohim.

You are also a veil and a face of the Messiah and God, the Holy Light and Spirit the Messiah corresponds with the inner aspects of your soul, the inmost aspect, yechidah, the divine spark or unique essence, being an emanation of that Light and Spirit of God Most High - the Supernal One. The very purpose for the coming of the Messiah, the necessity, is the revelation and awakening of God in us, the realization of our true nature, which is supernal and divine; hence, in the Risen Messiah we behold an image of our inner being and spiritual destiny, and are empowered to engage a conscious evolution towards that fruition - conscious union with God, the realization of Christ or God Consciousness.

If we go within and live within, and go deeper still inward in prayer and communion with the Messiah and God in our heart and inner being, soon we will find that in all that appears in the reality of our experience, material, astral, spiritual or supernal, we will ‘see’ God, we will be aware of the Living Presence of God in everything, even material inanimate things. This brings an awareness, experience, of intimate nearness with God, and potentially the realization of oneness with God - it’s an awesome and delightful communion in the Holy One!

May God bless you this day! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

#3 Postby xmode » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Thank you for your post, it throws light on my question.

Yesterday I thanked God for the food at lunch.After a few min. i saw a presence inside my mind.It was watching through my eyes and hearing through my ears.Just observing through me.It was emanating neither love or fear.Just standing there.After 10-15min it dissappeared. It was a spiritual experience.
Have you experienced sth. like this ?
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Name of Messiah Yeshua!

Yes, indeed, what you have described could be a spiritual experience. There are so many different kinds of spiritual and mystical experiences that may arise that it would be impossible to explain them all, and myself and other members of the community have had so many different experiences with and in the Divine Presence over the years it would be impossible to cite them all. There are many different stations and states of soul, consciousness, that may be experienced as you sojourn in the Way, seeking to live in inwardness, seeking to walk with God and in God, seeking greater nearness and oneness with God.

There is much we can learn through our experiences, but then we do not wish to grasp at them, or be distracted by them from our essential intention, the knowledge of God and the realization of the most intimate nearness, oneness. Such an experience as you have shared, though, may call us and encourage us to deeper inwardness, deeper prayer and meditation, having a hint of things possible in the communion. As experiences unfold, spiritual and mystical, we respond with growing devotion and we let them change us, we labor for change in ourselves and our lives based upon what the Spirit of God has shown us, the truth and light revealed to us.

Perhaps this was a sense of your inner being within and behind your surface self, the ego. If so time will tell as your experience unfolds, and likewise, whatever it was time will tell as your experience unfolds.

So pray and pray and pray, and seek to be kind, and see what happens.

May the grace of God Most High be upon you on this Holy Day of Shabbat in the Messiah! Amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

#5 Postby xmode » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:40 am

In my first post,some time ago, you said, that my awareness of existence is the presence of the One.

So if we take a stone, for example, "it is" a stone.Doesn't matter how we call it, the important thing is that " it is".So its very "being" generates presence, which is God.Is that correct?

I've heard people say "God is existence".
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 am

Blessings to you in the Living Word of the Holy One!

If we consider the Holy Name of Yahweh, literally it means ‘That Which Was, Is and forever Shall Be,’ as such it may also be translated as ‘Eternal One,’ ‘Eternal Being,’ and likewise ‘True Existence,’ or ‘Necessary Existence.’ Understand, Yahweh is the Source and Foundation of all existent things, all beings, and the existence, being, of all things, all creatures, all creation, emanates from Yahweh, and there is nothing that exists or comes into being apart from Yahweh; this emanation, this giving of existence, being, or ‘life and light,’ is continual, and if ever it were to cease, so then the existence, being, of things would cease in that very instant. Quite literally, and directly, Yahweh is the True Existence, True Being, of all things in their essence and nature, their inmost existence or being, and all creatures, creation, are contained in Yahweh, and Yahweh is in them, though indeed Yahweh is ever beyond them, the Infinite and Eternal One.

Truly, Yahweh is nearer to you than you are to yourself, as near as your breath and the beat of your heart, and Yahweh is your very existence, being, essence, the ‘life and light’ in you, and in all things. You live and move and have your being in Yahweh, from Yahweh, and you have never been separate or apart from Yahweh, and so in truth it is with all creatures, all things, the entirety of creation. We may say that creation is something like the ‘Body of God,’ and in the Messiah the human being - humanity, becomes the embodiment of God in creation; God knowing God in the enlightened humanity.

Also, understand, as the prologue of the Gospel of John teaches, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people” (1:1-4). Thus, all things come into being through the Word of God, and as we know God [Elohim] utters creation into being; and as such it may be said that each thing, each creature, is a word of God, an emanation of that Living Word that is with God and is God, the True Light. In this you may understand that there is something of the Word of God in all things, corresponding with their being, their light and life - even in wood or what’s under a stone!

Also, according to the Holy Kabbalah, there are sparks of the Infinite Light (Ain Sof Or) in all things, and an integral part of the redemption of creation, its completion and perfection in the Messiah, is the drawing out and uplifting of the holy sparks in things, returning them to God Most High (El Elyon), reintegrating them with the Absolute Light that God Is.

So, yes, the inmost essence, existence, of a stone, or even a grain of sand, is the manifestation of something of Yahweh, the Eternal One; and here I shall say that all things, even inanimate objects, have a spirit and a manifestation of consciousness that can be ‘heard’ and ‘felt’ and ‘known’ if one is open and sensitive to it in the Holy Spirit - something of the Word of God is in all things.

In this regard, all of nature, all of creation, proclaims the Gospel, the Living Word of God, we need only learn to go inside and listen and hear, and look and see, with the ‘ears’ and ‘eyes’ of the Messiah and Holy Spirit indwelling our heart and inner being - seeing with God and hearing with God.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

#7 Postby xmode » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Very profound :) I've read you post more than 10 tines to comprehend...

Deep down, subconsciously I have tough time excepting God as being a person...Automatically I assume, that He is just an impersonal.

Can you share some thoughts about "love" being an attribute of Him.I understand it as, if I love someone unconditionally, then it is God who manifests by & through me with this love...
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:48 am

Grace and peace to you this day in Adonai Yeshua Messiah!

There is the impersonal aspect and manifestation of the Eternal One (Yahweh) in our experience and there is the personal aspect and manifestation - the aspect of ‘personhood,’ or ‘Divine personifications’ in revelations of the Eternal One. What any given aspirant or initiate focuses upon in their spiritual life and practice, their devotions, will depend upon the faith and knowledge given to them, and the unveilings and self-disclosures of God in their experience; hence, it will depend upon the revelations of God to them, their own direct spiritual and mystical experiences of God. In the Gnostic Path there is no rigid doctrine of God Most High as impersonal or personal that one must believe, but rather we seek knowledge of God through direct experience, and our faith is largely founded upon the interior life.

In general, concerning the impersonal and personal aspects of the Infinite and Eternal One, in our experience we find through our spiritual sojourn over the years that there are fluctuations with the various changing states of life and the soul, consciousness, so that in ‘seasons,’ cycles of communion and revelation, an impersonal experience of the God may be in the forefront, and then at other times very much a personal experience, or something of the ‘person’ of God. Corresponding with this, our prayers, meditations and contemplations - our devotions, shift, all as we are instructed and guided by the indwelling Messiah and Holy Spirit, and likewise the guidance of our Holy Tzaddik or Apostle.

Now, concerning the ‘person’ or ‘personhood’ of the Divine, this is interesting. First of course, if indeed a man or woman embodies the fullness of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, and so an experience of conscious union with God - Christ or God Consciousness, in effect, in them God has become a human being, a person, as we witness with Adonai Yeshua and the Magdalene. We may also consider many of the revelations given to prophet and the appearances in their visions of personifications of the Divine (partzufim), as well as their encounters with angels. In the play of their experiences of visions and voice, there can be a very distinct play of the ‘person’ of God, or ‘persons’ in the case of the spirits of the righteous ones and angels they may encounter. That said, though, there is something more to the point, a clear sign in nature, creation, of the principle of the personal, or personhood, in the Divine. Indeed, consider you, consider me, or all of the countless creatures that arise in the worlds of creation, each having their own personality, personhood, from one to another, and not only human beings, but all creatures, each being their own ‘person.’ If ‘persons’ arise from God, if an experience of personhood is an integral part of emanating from Godhead and coming into being, then this principle of ‘person,’ ‘personhood,’ must exist in God as surely as the impersonal, which we also witness in nature, creation, and ourselves.

Understanding that God is within all things, all creatures, and that they are in God, contained within the Holy One, then simply in creatures God manifests as person, persons, clearly so! As we witness this phenomenon on a physical, material level, so also we witness it on astral, spiritual and supernal levels - “As above, so below; as below, so above.”

I will say, however, that the ‘person of God’ or ‘personhood of God’ is deeply mysterious, unimaginable, incomprehensible to us, very different from our own, and that more so what we would mean about the ‘person of God’ in our experience would be very different than the childish caricatures of God common in fundamental religion. In the way the person of God is often talked about in fundamental religion, given our experiences with God and in God, we would not find much resonance with it, save in the view of respecting the faith and knowledge given by God to others that might be different from our own.

Ultimately, each of us must search inside our heart and inner being and find God there, and finding, then we must follow the revelation of the Truth and Light given to us, living according to our faith and knowledge of God, honoring what God reveals of Godself to us, the impersonal, the personal, all as we are able to see, hear and feel with God.

Love as you have described would, indeed, be a manifestation of the love of God, God in us, as it were, loving God in another. As we are in ourselves, who among us can have such love, unconditional, limitless? As we are in God, however, and as God is in us - the Messiah and Holy Spirit, such love can and does arise, and so also kindness, mercy, forgiveness, and various associated qualities, attributes of God.

If we consider it, unconditional love, boundless compassion, arises from our awareness of the Holy One, or the Sacred Unity underlying all things, the awareness of our interdependence and interconnection with all things, and of our being, our foundation, in the Holy One; in this awareness a very profound and powerful love arises - a ‘silent love,’ which becomes a way of being, and action, acts of loving-kindness, charity, in self-offering.

This, of course, is not the vital sentimentality so often associated with the word ‘love,’ but rather is a deep inward sense of feeling, connecting, of an intimate nearness, oneness, that is innate to the inmost part of our soul, our being, inseparable from the Holy One.

This love goes beyond thought and thinking, and so words. As St. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians chapter 13, it truly is the greatest and most essential gift of the Holy Spirit - a principle aim of the Gnostic Path; for it is love that brings the most intimate knowledge of God, the fruition of love being union.

May the Holy One bless you this day! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

#9 Postby xmode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 am

Hello, I'm sorry i didn't answer, I had some difficult time lately.

Thank you for your answers!
Know Thyself.

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”