Metanoia: Be Transformed!

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Metanoia: Be Transformed!

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:46 am

Shalom Beloved Companions:

With the Feast of the Baptist already within a month and Tau Malachi having shared an alternate meaning of "Repent" in Greek as "Be transformed," I looked into the history of the word "repent" from the Jewish Bible through gospels and have a sketch for your contemplation. With God's help, may this benefit many in search and need of genuine repentance.

My source in the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament surveys an impressive narrative of the changing connotation of the verb repent. Simply, its oldest meaning is a conscious change of mind, attitude, or life. The oldest Hebrew word for this principle—zōm—suggests penance in response to a spiritual emergency such as drought or pending political doom. Fasting, sackcloth, and ashes were the practice of this earliest sense of repentance.

Critics of outward, even superstitious acts of penance are the early prophets Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah. They are outspoken against the superficiality of penance because the breach in the relationship with God remains unchanged. Rather than burnt offerings and solemn feasts, the prophets demand a conversion to God from within the heart. The prophets shift this deeper sense of repentance away from cultic penance to a conversion with the word shūv: "return" or "turning back". For I desire steadfast love [Chesed] and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt-offerings (Hosea 6:6). Isaiah reaches even farther into Chesed:

Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of injustice,
to undo the thongs of the yoke,
to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover them,
and not to hide yourself from your own kin?
(58:6-7).

With the later rise of the Greek world and its Hellenizing influence on the language of Philo and Josephus, the Jewish sense of conversion surfaces two new words in rabbinical writings of the time. In Hebrew, shūv develops into teshuvah, confirming the enduring sense of shunning sin and returning to God. It is here when teshuvah is even given a metaphysical nature that precedes Creation. For Greek readers of Judaism, rabbis translate teshuvah with a word that heretofore was very rare: metanoia. It is here with Philo when metanoia came to connote transformation. While carrying the same connotation of a change of mind, a stage was set in the time of Greek translations of gospels for a more radical demand of metanoia.

While parallel with the early prophets, Yohanan exceeds their intensity of repentance or conversion with the principle of the Kingdom of Heaven. This immanence of God carries with it a far greater demand and consequence. No where before is an ultimatum of this scale as the End of Days implied in conversion preaching or calls to repentance. The consequence for not doing so is irreversible doom for the soul. To fail to see and respond to the Kingdom of Heaven is self-annihilation. In addition to heralding the Kingdom of Heaven, Yohanan innovated the merger of the remission of sin with metanoia in the sacrament of baptism. What was once a simple penance in water purification, Yohanan amplified into baptism: the complete metanoia of human nature in return to God.

Yohanan pointed to the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven and prepared its way in the person of Yeshua. Yeshua is the Kingdom of Heaven speaking. The Way is not theoretical or penitential, but personal. With Yeshua, metanoia came to require the whole of one's being. Anything less than the total transformation of the person is a lapse into everything the prophets criticized of cultic superstition. Hedged transactions with metanoia are complicit with the world and evil itself: bearing fruits worthy of metanoia alone are revealed for the full inward turn one continually makes. The gospel allows for nothing other than a new allegiance with the Divine nature lived from inside out.

Yeshua grounds this unequivocally with the image of authentic metanoia: Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:3). Metanoia requires the humble spaciousness of being small. We are powerless to give metanoia to ourselves. To recognize metanoia as the free gift it is demands that we receive it as something we could never give ourselves. To fully enter the kingdom of heaven—metanoia—comes by no other way than a gift we receive in response to metanoia.

Though the use of the word metanoia tapers in epistles, its gift of God continues with Paul, as the radical metanoia that Grace alone can effect. Faith becomes synonymous with metanoia, for faith, like metanoia, is a gift. Paul and John seems to largely equate metanoia-repentance with pistis-faith.

I was intrigued to learn that by the later second century, the word metanoia and exhortation to repentance in early Catholic Christianity fatefully "relapses...into Jewish legalism." Conversion becomes "moralized...for the second time...Penance must be done and suffered. The development of a penitential discipline analogous to that of the Synagogue is the inevitable result" (IV, 1008).

Having oversimplified a sketch of some thirty pages of professional philology on the word metanoia, a picture finally forms for me of what went so wrong in my own earliest experience of conversion. Had I come to the metanoia that the Baptist, Yeshua, and Apostles transmitted—Light Transmission—I would have had no need to approach the altar call week after week as I did (and was encouraged) to atone for my sins. With more mystical awakening, I would have come to stand in and identify with metanoia—the Divine nature indwelling me. Without this full gift of God through a Gnostic Apostle, I was still a product of sin. My evangelical beginnings derive from the Catholic relapse of conversion to penance, the very kind of legalism the prophets criticized and Messiah abolished. My heart therefore must be open as a child's to the implicit suffering of penance that continues to transact in the temples of my siblings' souls in Christ.

May we turn
and call upon this gift of metanoia,
remember this as the present
and only reality in Malkut.

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Metanoia: Be Transformed!

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen and Ascended Messiah!

These are delightful insights and teachings you have shared dear brother. Over the years we have spoken often of teshuvah-repentance, as it occurs in Hebrew, and much has been drawn out. To consider the word metanoia-conversion, however, can help draw out further insights into the secret mysteries of repentance, turning or returning to God, and it is good to contemplate this, as repentance, spiritual conversion, is central to our spiritual life and practice in Messiah. Indeed, for from the very outset, receiving the gift of faith in the Messiah and Holy One and being set upon the path of seeking God, or enlightenment, so we are called to the ‘baptism of repentance for the remission of sin.’ It’s important to understand what this is and what it means according to our Gnostic Gospel.

As you have well pointed out, this repentance, this spiritual conversion - transformation, has little, or nothing to do with penance, outward devotions or works, though indeed, devotions and works are the natural result or response to the experience of a spiritual conversion, the reception of Divine Grace, the direct influx of Word and Spirit of God. It is not about penance, however, but rather it is about an inward transformation, being changed, being healed and made whole in the Messiah and Holy Spirit. I will say this, as much as repentance means ‘turn to God,’ or ‘return to God,’ so it means ‘return to being one’ - being whole, in God; this naturally is a radical conversion, transformation in consciousness from a state of apparent separation and fragmented consciousness - the soul being divided against itself, to a state of unity, oneness, wholeness of being in harmony with one’s Foundation and Source - God, the True Light.

Understand, as long as we are two, or divided, or fragmented, there can be no realization of oneness with God; until we return to being one, until we are one in ourselves, it is not possible to recognize and realize our innate union with God Most High, the Absolute Light. Thus, truly, to enter into the kingdom of heaven, to remember and realize our innate oneness with the Messiah in God Most High, we must ‘repent,’ return to being one, and undergo the corresponding conversion, transformation, being whole and complete in ourselves and in God. Going down in the living waters of baptism and rising up, so if in God, if in faith and love, we receive the Holy Light and Spirit - our anointing, and this Holy Light and Spirit will bring about our spiritual conversion, it will transform our mind, heart and life, awakening the holy soul that is within us, giving birth to the Word, the Messiah, in us - very truly through water and the Spirit we are reborn. In this you may understand “repent for the kingdom of heaven has come near” to also mean: 'Be reborn! For the kingdom of heaven has come near!'

Just as it is not by our own power that we are born of the flesh, neither is it by our power that we are reborn of the Spirit - all of this, all conceiving and birthing life, material and spiritual, comes from God and is in God, it is the manifestation of the power of God, the Spirit of God. Praise God!

I’d dare say that it is not I who can repent, but rather, it is the Messiah and Holy Spirit in me who brings repentance, who brings transformation, rebirth into the Kingdom of God. Indeed, I must engage in a conscious response to the Divine Grace I’ve received, and I must engage in a complete and total active and dynamic surrender, submission, to Divine Grace, and I must co-labor with the Messiah and Holy Spirit, following the leadings of the Spirit in the Way; but it is the Mother Spirit through which the Living Word is conceived and born in my heart and soul, and through which I am reborn in the kingdom of God - hence through which a true spiritual conversion, transformation, happens in my person and life.

The very inclination to repent comes from the Spirit of God, and the fruition of repentance is accomplished by the Spirit of God, yet, it is true that if we have fallen into sin, error, negativity, we need to have regret for it and no longer desire it, and so turn to God, seeking forgiveness and healing from God - ‘redemption,’ and seek help from God that we might overcome the challenges and temptations we face. This has nothing to do with the legalistic idea of penance, however, and the self-imposition of various penalties or self-inflicted sufferings, but rather having fallen into sin, error, negativity, repentance is the action of turning away from it, not returning to it, and instead, turning to God - returning to be one in God, and opening to the Holy Light and Spirit, we seek and receive our redemption from God. This is not something earned or deserved by way of any devotions or works we can do as a penance, but rather, it is a manifestation of the grace and mercy of God, it a ‘gift’ from God to God that we receive simply through turning to God and opening to Divine Grace in the Messiah.

Clearly, though, if there is sincere repentance a faithful person will make changes, do something different, and more so, in praise and thanksgiving for the mercy and forgiveness of God, the grace of God in the Messiah, the natural response to the reception of Divine Grace will be manifest in devotions and good works, enacting what is good and true, enacting the Gospel - love and compassion, and following the leadings of the Holy Spirit.

If we understand metanoia, this word for ‘repentance’ in the gospels, as spiritual conversion, transformation, and more so as rebirth - to be reborn, than we may consider the action of repentance as an experience of being born again. If we consider the mystery of the gilgulim, the reincarnation of souls, when souls reincarnate, being born again and entering into a new incarnation, a new life, essentially they are given a fresh start, a new beginning with new opportunity to seek enlightenment or God and live life in a different way, and so continue in evolution and realization. In our spiritual life in Messiah repentance is very similar to this, choosing to repent, choosing to turn to God - returning to be one in God, we have a fresh start, a new beginning, free from whatever burdens we were carrying before, free to do something different, to enact what is good and true - faith and love,’ righteousness.’ There is no legalistic issue of penance at all in this, but rather a gift of forgiveness, a setting free in the grace and mercy of God - the love of God.

The action of turning to God, returning to be One, is this: it is turning inward and upward - Godward, for turning downward and outward, we are fragmented and scattered, but turning inward and upward we are ingathered, reintegrated, in ourselves and in God, and we may say that we are ‘reborn’ as who we truly are in ourselves and in God.

Now there is something that needs to be said of this action in the Life Divine. As the action of creation is ongoing in God, and God continues to intend, envision, speak and breathe all creatures and creation into being moment to moment, day to day, so it is with our rebirth in Messiah, so it is with this returning to be one in the Messiah with God - it is ongoing. From the very first movement of metanoia, spiritual conversion, transformation, there is an ongoing self-transformation, rebirth, of the soul in the Messiah, and so an ongoing birthing of the Messiah in the soul - a ‘continuum of repentance.’

This, of course, is a very different understanding of repentance than what’s typically taught in the outer and unspiritual church, but if we study the gospels, this is exactly what Adonai Yeshua preached and taught. In this regard we may simply consider a common instruction he gave to many that he healed, “Go and sin no more.” Alternatively, to many others he would say, “Your faith has healed you.” Neither statement has any indication of a legalistic idea of penance to follow, but both do indicate the great and immediate blessing of repentance in Messiah, and the movement of the Spirit of God healing, making whole, and setting souls free - restoring to life, or fullness of being in God, the True Light.

Here I’m inclined to pause, waiting in silent love upon the Spirit.

Having been reborn, let us walk with the Lord and in the Lord, and rejoice in our freedom! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Kelly Ann

#3 Postby Kelly Ann » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:16 am

Greetings to you Tau Malachi, brothers and sisters,

Although I am restricted by time, just now needing to get ready for a day of work, I feel compelled to briefly enter a few words in response to your last note on repentance and metanoia. I am hopeful I will have the time I need to more thoroughly and more thoughtfully respond this coming weekend. I simply wanted to convey to you that your words here are utterly, utterly beautiful. And inspiring. Deeply, deeply provocative. I was aware of such an immense opening within my heart as I was slowly reading the passages. Of course, more meaning will come to me as I read this over again, and again, and mull over, and reflect on, and dwell in, the various points you have made.

In gratitude for your offerings.

Shalom!

Kelly Ann

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:00 pm

There is something more that I’m inclined to share about teshuvah, metanoia - true ‘repentance.’

As we know, in Yeshua Messiah we abide in a Sanctuary of Grace, and we have been awakened to the truth, the reality, that the inner aspects of our soul are inseparable from God, the True Light. Indeed, in our inner being we abide in an innate oneness with God, emanating from God, being created in the image and likeness of the Eternal God (Yahweh Elohim). Our oneness with the Messiah in God Most High is a given, it is the truth, reality, of our being as we are in the Living God (Hayyim Elohim). In this regard, oneness with God is not attained, as though something that we do not have already, but being awakened through the reception of the Messiah - the Holy Light and Spirit from ‘above,’ so we may awaken, ‘return to be one,’ and recognize and realize our oneness with God; hence, entering the kingdom of heaven - conscious union with God.

In effect, on an experiential level, an unconscious union is no union, but rather it is a state of ignorance, and it is an experience of separation; in this ignorance, this illusion of separation, we become divided, fragmented, in ourselves, and we become bound up in self-will, and the play of desire and fear in self-grasping, we become bound up in the surface consciousness, unaware of our inner being, and so our inside and outside are divided and are not aligned and in harmony with one another, let alone with the source of our being, God, the True Light. If, indeed, faith is awakened in us, and we receive the Holy Light and Spirit, and we ‘repent,’ returning to be one, then we will enact an active and dynamic surrender to the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit in us, and co-labor with the Divine Presence, seeking to bring the inside and outside into alignment and harmony and so unify our inner and outer being, and in this spiritual labor we will seek the unification of our human qualities, attributes, with the qualities, attributes, of the Messiah and God.

Understand, in surrender, in submission, the intention is that my self-will gives way to the will of God, that my will becomes God’s will, and so God’s will becomes my own. Likewise, understanding the force of our will and desire is intertwined, so my desire is for God and God alone, and for no other, and this is God’s desire for me, so that like God’s will, God’s desire is my own, and this is from God to God. The same is true of all human attributes we might name, such as goodness, love, compassion, justice, faithfulness, forgiveness, patience, and so on, in an active and dynamic surrender to the Divine Presence, we labor to unite all of our attributes with the corresponding Divine Attributes, Divine Actions - Sefirot. In so doing, in effect, we merge with the Divine Presence, passing away in the Divine Presence, and e realize our oneness with the Messiah in the Eternal One (Yahweh).

It is given that we are to co-labor with and in the Messiah and Holy Spirit to this end, and it is given for us to choose to accept or reject Divine Grace, and if accepting, receiving, Divine Grace, to enact this active and dynamic surrender; understand, though, that our devotions and works themselves do not bring about the unification of our attributes and the Divine Attributes, but rather, ultimately, it is the Messiah and Holy Spirit that accomplishes this - it is Divine Grace that completes and perfects this Great Work.

This we know and understand from the experience of reaching the station of ‘passing away’ or ‘self-nullification,’ the threshold to the realization of the highest, inmost, grades or stations of the soul. When, indeed, we return to be one, and we pass away in the Oneness of the Messiah in God Most High, the Spirit of God removes our human attributes and sets into their place the Divine Attributes, or rather, the Holy Spirit transforms our human attributes into those of the Messiah and God. As you might imagine, this corresponds with the full and true rebirth of the soul from ‘above,’ from heaven, and more so from God, the True Light.

This is the fruition of true repentance, our spiritual conversion or transformation in the Messiah - the Anointing; and understanding this, you will see that ignorant, legalistic ideas of penance associated with repentance in the outer and unspiritual church are, in fact, an obstruction and corruption of true repentance, quite opposite to the the spiritual message of the Holy Gospel. Such ideas, such manmade doctrines, must be rejected by knowers of God - gnostics, because, for lack of a better phrase, they are ‘anti-christ,’ a terrible obstruction to the realization of Christ or God Consciousness.

Though, indeed, we have an innate union with the Messiah in the Holy One, having faith in this union, and through initiation having knowledge of it, in this way we labor to realize and embody the Oneness that God Is - in this sense there is an ‘attainment of Oneness.’

Again, here I’m inclined to pause and abide, waiting upon the Spirit of God.

Becoming aware of the image of God in you, may you be blessed and empowered to generate the likeness of God in you, and so manifest that holy and supernal image in this world! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Likeness of Image

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Shabbat Shalom, Tau Malachi:

Indeed, in our inner being we abide in an innate oneness with God, emanating from God, being created in the image and likeness of the Eternal God (Yahweh Elohim). Our oneness with the Messiah in God Most High is a given, it is the truth, reality, of our being as we are in the Living God (Hayyim Elohim).

All praise to the Most Merciful One. Your expansion on true conversion is profound and practical.

There has been a remarkable flow this week around this principle of our image and likeness as they interact with these mysteries of conversion-metanoia. In community, you applied new relationships of our image and likeness to Remembering and Keeping respectively. You also corresponded them with Yehud-Unity and Perud-Separation respectively.

Now we have a very immediate way of feeling the depth of our continual conversion. What I'm hearing differently is how in our baptism we have the opportunity to encounter our image as we are in the One. This is natural to us, innate, the truth of our inmost being as we already are in the One. The conversion seems to be in the generation of our likeness according to our revealed image. "Bearing fruits worthy of repentance" now sounds like the context of our labor to purify our likeness, which is to say removing any additives that obstruct the embodiment of our image.

I'd hoped you might share more about this realm of our work generating a likeness worthy of our image. How does this speak to the embodiment of conversion?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Kelly Ann

#6 Postby Kelly Ann » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 am

Grace and peace to you all!

Tau Malachi, once again, your words have resonated deeply within my soul, and have allowed me to touch an inner truth that has been waiting to be acknowledged. This touching within has moved me even deeper into an understanding of my essential being, of the process of union with the Messiah in God. As Elder Gideon has articulated, this is a continual process.

I am sitting here this morning, in deep surrender and with a heart that is wide open, aware of this beautiful feeling of gratitude, of love, of feeling deeply blessed for this path, this state, for my Sanctuary of Grace.
And, yes, I now rest in this inner knowing that within the deepest, most essential aspect of my very being, here I abide in conscious union with and in God. I now rest in the knowing that this union is not something that is needing to be attained, but simply realized. This particular point that has prompted a huge aha moment within. No more striving to be in union, simply opening to the union that already exists, opening to my awareness of the union.
This is the awakening of my faith, a little different and a little deeper and a little more beautiful each day. I dwell in this awareness of union, and in my dwelling, I feel the reception of Divine Grace trickling into my heart. I feel the Holy Spirit deep in my being.

And, through this process, I open to my full and complete surrender to the Messiah in God. I open to this beautiful submission to the Divine within. It is a surrender that consumes me, that pierces into the deepest part of my being. I feel it fully. And, as I sit in this space of deep, serene surrender, I open to all that unfolds. Yes, I feel an acquiescing to God's will, and a letting go of my own self-will, a letting go of the grasping and the clutching to the attachments in this external reality. God's will becoming my will. I feel an utter transformation of my being.

Yes, of course, it is God's will for me that I offer myself in submission. It is God's will that I desire Him. It is a beautiful process of unfolding whereby God's will becomes my will. And now, as I reflect on the most profound of statements, that it is God giving to God, I am offered further substance to my process of awakening.

And, if all of this could not be any more beautiful, there is now the reminder that I have not enacted this process through my own efforts, but that it has been the Holy Spirit enacting this process within me. I have simply been receptive to the process.

As the inner must manifest in the outer, I am aware that it is my task to open to the unification of my qualities and attributes with the Divine Attributes. To offer to the external reality in which I live the highest and best of which I am capable. And, as I dwell in conscious union, I offer my most noble level of goodness, of love, of compassion, of forgiveness, of patience. Forever unfolding in my capacities.

And, so, it is with a deep, overflowing heart that I say thank you, Tau Malachi, for sharing your Truth with us, for guiding us and empowering us with the essence of your being. For showing us the highest aspects of yourself, that we may also learn to recognize those aspects within ourselves, and then generate God's highest attributes within ourselves.

Today may we all be capable of manifesting, in our daily activities, the holy and supernal image of the Messiah in God.

Blessing to you all, each and every one of you, on this forum.

Kelly Ann

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

If, indeed, we ‘return to be one,’ and we are reborn from ‘above,’ from ‘heaven,’ receiving the Messiah - our anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit from God Most High (El Elyon), so we are reborn in the true image and likeness of the Eternal God (Yahweh Elohim) that the Messiah Is. In movements of light transmission there is the revelation of the image of God in us, the ‘Human Being of Light,’ the Messiah, and we are then empowered in a conscious evolution, a co-labor with the Holy Spirit, generating a likeness to that holy and supernal image in our heart and soul, mind and life.

As we know, Adonai Yeshua teaches in the Gospel of John that we must be reborn of water and the Spirit, the water our baptism and the Spirit our anointing. In the Gospel of Phillip we are taught that going down into the living waters and rising up, but receiving nothing, those taking the name of ‘Christian’ borrow the name. Those who go down into the waters and rise up, receiving the Holy Light and Spirit, the name Christian is theirs as a gift from God. It goes on to say that a gift is ours to keep, but that what is borrowed must be paid back at interest. Relevant to this passage from Phillip, in the eighth chapter of the Book of Acts, we are told that the Apostle Phillip baptized a number of Samaritans, but the Spirit had not come upon them. As the story goes, Peter and John are sent out from Jerusalem, and once they arrive, through prayer and the laying on of hands the Spirit comes upon those who had been baptized. They receive the Holy Light and Spirit - their anointing from God. In this we may understand, baptism alone does not make a person ‘Christian,’ or Christ-like, but it is the play of light transmission joined with it, this anointing with the Holy light and Spirit of God. Then, truly, we are reborn of ‘water and the Spirit,’ and so reborn from ‘above,’ from ‘heaven.’

Now, the true image of God corresponds with Yeshua Messiah, the Son of God, and the true likeness of God corresponds with Yeshua Messiah, the Son of Man; as understood among gnostics, the Messiah as Son of God and Son of Man indicates the revelation of the image and likeness of God - hence, ‘Human One of Light,’ or the ‘Perfect Human Being.’

There is, of course, a hint in canonical gospels of the revelation of the image and likeness of God in the story of the transfiguration of Adonai Yeshua before his close disciples on the mountain. It is in the revelation of the Risen and Ascended Messiah following the crucifixion, however, that there is the full revelation of the image and likeness of God, as perhaps conveyed in the greatest detail in the revelation of the Risen and Ascended Messiah on the Mount of Olives recounted in the gnostic gospel that has come to be called “Pistis Sophia.” As we know in our experience of light transmission, these hints speak directly of spiritual and mystical experiences that often happen in moments of initiation and empowerment - ‘light transmission,’ and as we know, in these experiences there is a revelation of the image of God in us - the Messiah, or ‘Human One of Light,’ and there is knowledge given to us for the generation of the likeness of God, for having perceived the image of God in the Spirit, so we are able to fashion a likeness of that image in the Spirit.

This image that is revealed is not ‘my’ image or ‘your’ image, but rather it is the image of God in us - the Messiah or Christ indwelling, and the nature of this image is supernal and divine, and it is beyond mental conception or comprehension; if and when a true likeness of that image is generated, however, then we are like a facet of that ‘jeweled being,’ pure emanation of that holy image of the One Soul inseparable from the ‘Soul of God,’ in a manner of speaking. If you contemplate your experiences of various gradations of light transmission my brother you will have insight into my meaning here, for passing away in the Holy One, where is you or me apart from the Holy One that there should be ‘your’ image or ‘my’ image? If in full unification, passing away in the Holy One, there is the Holy One alone, there is no other!

In this regard we might recall what Adonai Yeshua says to his disciples in the Gospel of St. John, “You who have seen me have seen that Father.”

Now, according to the Holy Scriptures we are created in the image and likeness of God (Elohim), and the living soul within us is the breath of the Eternal God (Yahweh Elohim), an emanation of the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim). This ‘image’ corresponds with the innate oneness of the inner aspects of our soul with God, and this ‘likeness’ corresponds with our capacity to realize and embody that oneness, that image.

Understand, resemblance, similitude, likeness, corresponds with nearness and oneness on a spiritual and metaphysical level, so that what has a resemblance, similitude, likeness to God is near to God, and if and when that resemblance, similitude, likeness, is complete there is the realization of oneness, conscious union. It is for this reason that the Gospel of Phillip teaches us that if we wish to see anything in the supernal and spiritual realms, or the eternal realm, we must resemble it, and so ‘become it.’ Thus, the generation of likeness to God is how a more intimate nearness is experienced, and when that likeness is full and complete, there is the realization of oneness - the ‘image of God.’

Now, as we know, the image of God corresponds with the Holy Sefirot, the Divine Attributes - specifically the Sefirot of Atzilut. Therefore, the generation of likeness is a unification of the soul, our being, and our thoughts, words and actions with the Holy Sefirot, expressing those Divine Attributes in our person and life. As we also know, Divine Attributes are also Divine Actions, and in this we may understand that the generation of likeness is through actions of the mind, heart and body, or thought, speech and deed. As such, surrender, submission, self-offering is not passive, but is active and dynamic, even in the sense of receptivity, or being receptive.

As an example, if indeed we seek the unveiling and self-disclosure of the Word and Holy Spirit in our heart, so we must empty our heart of all creatures, all creation, including ourselves, to ‘make space,’ as it were, for the Divine Presence, and so be receptive. Likewise, when the Word and Holy Spirit are revealed, receiving is complete only through the action of giving, sharing what we have received; hence, an active integration through ‘speaking the word’ and following the leadings of the Holy Spirit, taking up the actions, works of the Spirit - both inner works and outer works.

The completion of receiving through the action of giving is well reflected in the play of light transmission with Anointed Tzaddikim, Gnostic Apostles, these spiritual adepts and masters transmitting something of the spiritual power of their realization to us, initiating and empowering us in the Way. Having entered into an actual spiritual or supernal realization, embodying the fullness of the Divine Presence - Messianic Consciousness, this light transmission naturally and spontaneously flashes forth, the Word and Spirit energetically communicating themselves, as it were, awakening souls in the Living Presence of God.

‘Remember’ and ‘keep’ (or ‘observe’) corresponds with the enacting of the commandments of God, such as “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” As is known, commandments correspond with Sefirot, Divine Attributes; they are actions through which something of the Names of God, or Divine Attributes, are realized and embodied, and so the image of God is realized, the likeness of God being generated. In order to keep or observe a commandment, first we must remember it, and more so remember God - the ‘First Commandment.’ In this regard we may say that through the Holy Spirit we remember, and then remembering it is ours to keep, observe, following in the way of the Spirit, the revelation and realization of God.

As was shared in oral teachings recently, image corresponds with remembering, and likeness corresponds with keeping; having been reborn in the Messiah - the image of God, so we must generate the likeness of that holy image, holy being, living according to the Truth and Light revealed to us, the Word spoken by the Holy Spirt in our heart and soul.

As I’ve shared, the image of God corresponds with the Sefirot of Atzilut, and therefore the Realm of Yichud (Unity), and so likeness corresponds with the Realm of Perud (Separation), likeness being generated in Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, the spiritual, astral and material dimensions, respectively. Do understand, in speaking of teshuvah, metanoia, and being reborn from ‘above,’ or in the image of God, this is being reborn from the eternal realm - supernal dimension, which is beyond time; thus being reborn through Divine Grace, the entire movement of returning to be One, or returning to God - spiritual conversion, transformation, is the generation of likeness in space-time, in incarnation. In this regard we may recall recent discussions of the mystery of the ‘Word made flesh.’

Here it seems good to pause and wait upon the Spirit of the Lord (Ruach Yahweh).

May we be blessed to realize the image and likeness of God, the True Light, in us and so be led into All-Truth by the Spirit! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#8 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:23 am

Shabbat Shalom, Tau Malachi:

This image that is revealed is not ‘my’ image or ‘your’ image, but rather it is the image of God in us - the Messiah or Christ indwelling, and the nature of this image is supernal and divine, and it is beyond mental conception or comprehension; if and when a true likeness of that image is generated, however, then we are like a facet of that ‘jeweled being,’ pure emanation of that holy image of the One Soul inseparable from the ‘Soul of God.'

Many thanks and praise for this most luminous and integral synthesis of image and likeness. Something is stirring internally now as I continue to hear these layers of image being only in the One; likeness is what I must generate with my will, mind, thought, speech, and action, until the likeness is so aligned it disappears into the image.

The inwardness with which your writing is directing us is astonishing. This entire teaching teaching turns me inward, toward the image of God within and behind my heart. Any nearness to the One is likeness to the image. No wonder the Kabbalah describes nearness to the One as likeness; this refreshes how I hear the moral dimension of the Tree of Life spanning Keter and Malkhut.

It is from my curiosity in this deeper, more internal hearing of image of God—Neshamah—that another, clearer sense emerges of prophets beholding "the One seated." This figure in their merkavah visions now feels like the image of God within them. You've taught often that it's not a personification outside of them at all, but of their divine image outside of time, which here means who they are as they are in the One. This opens up whole new details of how Enoch "was no more, for Elohim took him" up in the image of the One. Moses and Elijah also were no more. For a brief moment, Yeshua was no more in the Transfiguration. This continues to be so in moments of Light Transmission: We are no more in the awareness of the image of God.

If it's not too far afield, I wished to ask how these principles you've arrayed interact with what we recently discussed in Zohar of Seth, who's the only child of Adam and Eve said to bear the image of Adam?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Bevan

#9 Postby Bevan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Shabbat Shalom! Thank you Tau, Elder and Kelly Ann for giving your energy in these timely posts! Here are some quotes that have been stirring in me about the call of a messenger.

"As it is written in Isaiah the prophet:“Behold, I send My messenger ahead of you, who will prepare Your way; The voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make ready the way of the Lord, Make His paths straight.’” (Mark 1:2,3)

“Some say it was a holy man who came to her [Magdalene]; others say it was the angel of John the Baptist. In any case, the messenger came and she received him.” (from the book St. Mary Magdalene: The Gnostic Tradition of the Holy Bride)

“As I’ve shared, the image of God corresponds with the Sefirot of Atzilut, and therefore the Realm of Yichud (Unity), and so likeness corresponds with the Realm of Perud (Separation), likeness being generated in Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, the spiritual, astral and material dimensions, respectively.” Tau Malachi

I am contemplating the word ‘call’, (qara, קָרָא, Qof-Resh-Aleph), in reference to Yeshua who came from Nazareth, Magdalene from Babylon, and our journey of likeness into the image of God. I also hear 'call' over and over again in relation to the prophets. I see in the letter Qof a spiritual evolution through incarnation, in Resh the ‘image of’, and in Aleph the One Spirit. It seems to me that the energy behind a spiritual call is a directed vibration from our Neshamah that resonsates with the likeness of our soul vessel in this incarnation, Nefesh and Ruach.

I know Yeshua had been drawing close to God through many calls over many incarnations, which manifested as the First Coming of Christ. Magdalene had also responded to the invitation of the Holy Spirit over a long time period. These sounds moved the Bride to return from Exile and unite with the Bridegroom.

These calls are mysterious. The Tzaddik Yohanan sent his angel. I also was reading about the Malakim (messengers) and how this host of angels are involved with Sandalfon guiding the process of evolution. http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2423#p10056 I think of my own spiritual search and how events, people and writings have served as messengers that I have responded to. It is like a sound vibration that creates a strong impulse to move to the music. From what is written here, I understand this all is a reflection of my work in 'keeping' the commandments with an open heart.

I am interested in learning more about discernment in hearing a call. The ego, the adversary, is also calling. I can read a teaching or a practice that draws me, but am I hearing in Oneness or twoness? I sense baptism, spiritual death, is integral to hearing clearly the call to return from Exile.

May many respond to the call today,
Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:29 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

These posts are lovely, and they invoke delightful lines of contemplation. I’m inclined to respond to then one at a time, and so give each their due, considering that the corresponding mysteries run very deep.

First, perhaps, we may consider the secret mystery of Seth who is the ‘image and likeness of Adam’ - the Human One. Understand, according to masters of the tradition this connotes the image and likeness of Adam before the separation of Adam and Havvah (Eve); hence, the image and likeness of Adam Ha-Rishon, the ‘First Human Being.’ On account of this in the Zohar we learn that Seth is male and female in perfect union, and so is a complete ‘image and likeness,’ the ‘perfect human being,’ prefiguring and prophetic of the Messiah to come. Adam Ha-Rishon, of course, corresponds with the One Soul, and to be the image and likeness of this, unified with the One Soul, is to realize the unification of one’s soul with the ‘Soul of God’; hence, the opening of the soul to a full conscious union with God.

As is known, there was Cain, and there was Abel, and there was Seth, and they correspond with the three stages in the development and evolution of human souls, or what is called in Gnostic Scriptures the ‘three races’ of humankind. There is bestial, material humankind, corresponding with Cain, and there is faithful, psychic humankind, corresponding with Abel, and there is the spiritual elect, spiritual humanity - the true generation of Adam, the Human One, corresponding with Seth. Spiritual humanity, Seth, corresponds with souls that are mature in their development and evolution, those ‘ripe for the harvest of souls’; hence, those souls on the threshold of enlightenment and liberation, ready and able to recognize and realize their divine and supernal nature and experience conscious union with God - Christ or God Consciousness.

According to the Gospel of Phillip you may recall that it is taught that Messiah, Christ, comes for his own, stirring and awakening them, but so too there are those through the rite of ransom, the Holy Cross, that he ‘purchases’ and those whom he ‘ransoms.’ Those who are ‘his own’ are spiritual humanity, those whom he ‘ransoms’ are from the faithful or psychic humankind, and those who he ‘purchases’ are from the bestial or material humankind. In this we may acquire some insight into the Divine Grace that is manifest in Yeshua Messiah, for in the Messiah there is salvation, not only for the spiritual elect, but for the faithful and the bestial among humanity - all humanity, each according to their desire and capacity to receive the Holy Light and Spirit, or Word and Wisdom of God. Thus, through a radical spiritual conversion, transformation, rebirth, souls from among bestial and faithful humankind, may indeed be progressed and uplifted into spiritual humanity; but it is also true that it is only in the spiritual humanity that there can be the full realization of the new humanity in the Risen Messiah, a supernal and divine humanity, and so it is from spiritual humanity that knowers of God emerge - ‘gnostics.’

This supernal realization, as we know, depends upon the play of light transmission, a rebirth of water, fire and the Spirit that is not metaphorical, or conceptual, but is experiential, and so brings true knowledge of God - Divine Gnosis.

In the Holy Kabbalah the arising of the generations of Adam (humanity) and the lines of Cain, Abel and Seth, have everything to do with the unification of male and female and the conditions in which the child was conceived. Thus, as we know, regarding Cain the Kabbalah teaches us that he was ‘conceived through a union of the serpent and Havvah,’ and regarding Abel it teaches that he was ‘conceived through ‘an improper, incomplete or impure, union of Adam and Havvah,’ but regarding Seth he was conceived through ‘a proper and complete union of Adam and Havvah in the purity of love,’ in harmony with the Divine Presence. The right union of male and female forms the complete image and likeness of the Human One, hence, the generation of Seth. In speaking of the need for a radical spiritual conversion, transformation, rebirth for souls to enter into the kingdom of heaven, or the Great Ascension, this implies a conception, gestation and birth from a complete union of male and female in the Spirit. Understand, while we may speak of Cain, Abel and Seth as the ‘three races’ of humankind, or three principle stages of the development and evolution of human souls, so also this speaks of the karmic continuum of souls; hence, conditions that are very negative or inauspicious, or that are a distinct admixture of positive and negative influences, or that are very positive or auspicious, and so the karmic vision and karmic conditions arising with the incarnations of souls. In this regard, ‘male’ is the self-generating power and ‘female’ is the radiant display of the various relative realities that arise and are experienced, and the relationship between ‘male’ and ‘female’ is how we relate with the dream-like display of the realities we experience, whether in a complete delusion of separation from God, in some flickering between feelings of separation and a sense of nearness, or in an experience of nearness and oneness with God.

Understanding this, we may consider the earthly ministry of Adonai Yeshua, and his teaching that a physician does not go to those who are well, but to those who are ill, or his teaching that he was not sent for the righteous, but for the unrighteous - ‘sinners.’ As we know, Adonai Yeshua did not just receive lofty souls of high grades as disciples and followers, but rather peoples of all walks of life, all manner of grades of soul, all manner of karmic conditions, often including those who were outcast and those who had fallen into great evil, great negativity. Through the Divine Grace manifest in Yeshua Messiah, there is the possibility of this teshuvah, metanoia - a radical spiritual conversion, transformation, for anyone who has faith in the Messiah and sincerely turns to God and cleaves to God in faith and love.

Here we can point to a secret mystery concerning the outreach of Yeshua Messiah to all humanity, even to those in the most bitter bondage and very inauspicious circumstances. In our Christian Kabbalah this mystery is alluded to in a parallel drawn between what is said of what is said of the conception of Cain and the conception of Yeshua. As has been said, according to the Kabbalah, Cain was conceived by way of the ‘serpent’ with Havvah, but with regards to Yeshua it is written in the gospels that he was conceived by way of the Holy Spirit with Miriam, the issuance and manifestation of the grace and mercy of the heavenly Father - God, the True Light. This implies a counter and a healing to the conception of Cain, the plight of Cain, or the bestial, material humankind, and so also the faithful, psychic humankind. If you consider the truth of teshuvah, metanoia, as rebirth from above, it is to share in this holy conception, gestation and birth from the Virgin Mother, this redemption and healing of Cain, and so Abel - a restoration to wholeness.

Now as we know, in our Christian Kabbalah the Messiah is often called the ‘Second Adam,’ and likewise Seth Gadol - the ‘Great Seth.’ Concerning the title Seth Gadol, understand on an esoteric level the title ‘Son of Man’ - ‘Son of Adam,’ connotes Seth, who was, is the image and likeness of Adam, the Human One, as expressed above. The Name of Seth, though, itself expresses, alludes to, deep mysteries concerning this image and likeness of Primordial, or Supernal Adam, in the Messiah. It is composed of the last two letters of the Hebrew Alef-Bet, Shin and Tau, and so connotes perfection, completion, fulfillment. Shin corresponds with primordial fire and in primitive ancient Hebrew script Tau was drawn as a cross, so there is the inference of a ‘fiery cross,’ or a ‘cross of light,’ in this name. More significant, however, is that these two letters equal 700, which indicates the full array of influx of the seven Sefirot of Construction, or the Six and Malkut, including their interiors and interiors of interiors. As we know, the Six correspond with the ‘Groom’ and Malkut corresponds with the ‘Bride,’ and so there is the suggestion of the complete union of ‘male’ and ‘female.’ All of of this, of course, speaks to inner mysteries of this experience of teshuvah, metanoia, we have been contemplating and discussing - the very nature of this spiritual conversion, transformation, rebirth, is an actualization and realization of the full array of influxes of these Divine Attributes, Divine Actions, the embodiment of the Holy Light of the Cross - so ‘Seth.’

Here I’m inclined to pause before going on to discuss the relationship of teshuvah, metanoia, and the calls or leadings of the Holy Spirit among prophets and apostles, and indeed among all who are lovers and knowers of God. I’ll take up that subject in my next post to this thread, when and as the Spirit inspires.

May the Light of the True Cross shine brightly this day and ray out into all realms, worlds and universes of creation, blessing all and awakening many! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#11 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 pm

Having looked into some aspects of the mysteries of Seth and its relationship with our present contemplation we can consider ‘calls’ and ‘leadings’ of the Holy Spirit.

When we are reborn of water and the Spirit, and we have received the Holy Light and Spirit from above, as we co-labor to integrate that Light and Spirit so we undergo a spiritual conversion, transformation through the Spirit. As this transpires, if indeed we are willing to empty our heart of creatures and creation, of everything other than God, a revelation of the Word and Holy Spirit will begin, unveilings and self-disclosures of God in our heart. Integral with this revelation of the Word and Spirit - the indwelling Messiah, is the reception of a ‘call’ and various ‘leadings’ of the Holy Spirit - guidance from the Divine Presence. You see, God’s revelation to us is the revelation of our true self as we are in God; hence the revelation of our Divine or Christ Self - the ‘Divine I Am.’ This naturally manifests as a ‘calling,’ or the awareness of a mission, a purpose, and works to be done, which corresponds with the true will and desire of our heavenly soul, our divine nature (neshamah).

First we receive a call to turn to God and seek God, and then having turned to God and found God through God, we receive a deeper call that sets us in motion in our service to the kingdom of heaven and God. If we consider the action of teshuvah, metanoia, and the tikkune of the soul in the Messiah, we complete and fulfill that divine action by taking up this call, this mission, and the various spiritual works associated with it, both inner works and outer works. This, indeed, corresponds with ‘keeping the commandments’ and the generation of ‘likeness,’ understanding that this ‘call’ is a revelation from God - the revelation of the Messiah in us.

Perhaps you have heard the saying, “Many are called but few are chosen.” This is true. Many receive the initial call to turn to God and seek God, but they do not continue seeking until they find, or if finding and becoming troubled, they turn away; and likewise, though many may receive their deeper call - the remembrance of their inmost soul’s desire, they may chose not to take it up, or only partially take it up, and so not ‘workout’ their salvation. You see, receiving Divine Grace - the Holy Light and Spirit, we must chose to integrate it, and receiving a call we must chose to follow it and take it up; hence, to be ‘chosen’ we must chose.

Indeed, certainly so! If in the Messiah I am established among the spiritual elect - spiritual humanity, then I must live as a spiritual human being and follow the calls and leadings of the Spirit of God. Adonai Yeshua speaks of this when he likens a person reborn of water and Spirit to ‘wind,’ for those who are reborn are moved and led by the Spirit - the ‘Wind of God.’

Now we have pointed out that this teshuvah, metanoia, is ongoing; there is an ongoing progress in the Gospel, on ongoing self-transformation in the Messiah. As such, though we may speak our our initial call and the deeper call as though singular, in truth that deeper call continues to be given throughout our journey, and in effect we find that we hear, receive, numerous calls and leadings of the Holy Spirit as we sojourn in the Way. There is this one deeper call, and yet there are these many calls, as though various expressions and movements of that one call, that one true will or holy desire. Thus, receiving our call we continue to listen, and remain open and sensitive to further calls and leadings of the Spirit.

We may speak of commandments that are written in the Holy Scriptures, but do understand that knowledge of how to keep the commandments - how we personally might do so, comes through faith and love, and ‘leadings,’ or the instruction and guidance of the Spirit of God; and more so understand that instructions of the Spirit that are given to us are themselves ‘commandments from God’ - directions from heaven and God. So in zeal we will ‘keep’ or ‘observe’ them, taking up those divine actions.

In much the same way we receive the words of prophets, apostles and tzaddikim on spiritual matters, the Spirit speaking to us inwardly and outwardly; and indeed, abiding in this communion we will find calls and words of God communicated to us by many different messengers, even through passing strangers and wild animals unwittingly. Therefore we train ourselves to listen and hear calls and words of God, just as we train ourselves to see and read the signs of God around us; they may come from within or from without - but then as we know, as our realization deepens, the separation between inside and outside vanishes, there is just one ‘space,’ as it were, and it is God, Makom - ‘the Place.’

Now concerning spiritual discernment, and learning to recognize true calls and leadings from the Holy Spirit verses those that come from the spirit of the Other Side, various ‘deceiving spirits,’ or from our ego and evil inclination. First, at the outset, we have the Holy Scriptures as a guide and in the Gnostic Path we have tzaddik and community. Here we might recall the first three of the Six Essentials - cleaving to the Messiah, the Holy One, and cleaving to Tzaddik and Community, the Body of Messiah. Early on, before greater spiritual discernment is acquire through experience and spiritual maturation, we tend to share our spiritual and mystical experiences, and feelings of calls and leadings of the Spirit, with our tzaddik or apostle, and with brothers and sisters in our community, sounding things off them, as it were, and often asking them to pray with us about various matters to see what they might see and hear what they might hear in the Spirit, in the Light Continuum (Yahweh). Being in a mystical and gnostic community with others sharing in deep spiritual and mystical experiences, some of whom may have far more experience of the Gnostic Path than we do, and who may have a strong realization and knowledge of God, is a very important and balancing element to the mystical journey, one that can protect us from many of the inherent pitfalls of the extreme subjectivity and powerful self-deceptions and delusions that can, and will, naturally arise. So spiritual community is one aspect of our learning spiritual discernment. Ultimately, though, to bring our spiritual realization to fruition we must develop a strong inner discernment, and this will require that we pray and pray and pray, and meditate, contemplate deep, and it will require ongoing spiritual and mystical experience, and the play of light transmission in the Body of Messiah - community, and in our own continuum of devotions. In the midst of this, do understand, there will be a play of trial and error before a very sharp, accurate, discernment is developed. At times we may very well fall to a temptation, or follow a false leading, inclination, and find that it does not prove true through experience; but that’s all part and parcel of learning to discern between the true, the real, and the false, the unreal. If and when we are mislead, or fall to temptation, recognizing it we repent, we return to God, and we learn from it and hopefully grow from it. In this, perhaps, you may understand that no one can exactly teach us discernment, but rather it is learned experientially - the help that can be given regarding this is guidance through this process of learning, a sort of ‘spiritual coaching,’ or mentoring; but the learning will be experiential through trial and error, and through successes.

In closing I can share that the inmost grade within the station of spiritual discernment comes through passing away in the Oneness of the Messiah in God Most High - this corresponds with the saying of Adonai Yeshua, “I judge as the Father judges,” and likewise, “I do what I see the Father doing.”

These are a few thoughts I can share with you today.

O Holy One, please gift us with Your Wisdom, and with Wisdom may we have true discernment, the knowledge and understanding of Your Living Spirit! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#12 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:43 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

The Name of Seth, alludes to a deep mysteries concerning this image and likeness of Primordial, or Supernal Adam, in the Messiah. It is composed of the last two letters of the Hebrew Alef-Bet, Shin and Tau, and so connotes perfection, completion, fulfillment. Shin corresponds with primordial fire and in primitive ancient Hebrew script Tau was drawn as a cross, so there is the inference of a ‘fiery cross,’ or a ‘cross of light,’ in this name. More significant, however, is that these two letters equal 700, which indicates the full array of influx of the seven Sefirot of Construction, or the Six and Malkut, including their interiors and interiors of interiors.

Praise God for the Fiery Cross, the Cross of Light!

Now the Acts of John have an entirely new meditation in my hearing! When the Savior drew John away from the foot of the "cross of wood" and into a cave to experience the "cross of light," I imagine a radiant, equal armed cross that implies mysteries of Shin and Tav: Seth.

There's another Hebrew letter that equals this mystery fo 700: Nun-final. Like the final forms of Kaf, Tzaddi, Peh, Nun-final reaches "below the line" into the "Other Side." There are significant words, like amen and tikkune, which end with Nun-final. Archangels that end with suffix "-on" like Sandalphon or Metatron also end with this Nun-final.

The metaphysically heaviest name of all, beginning and ending with letters below the line, is Cain: קַיִן: Qof-Yud-Nun-final. He is the first of the generations of Adam, per everything you wrote above; Seth rectifies the fullness of Adam before the division into male and female. All this to say, Nun-final of Cain is the same value of Seth. What role are you feeling in this equivalence 700 unfolding through the primitive generations of Adam?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#13 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:54 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Living Salvation!

Ah, the revelation of the Cross of Light to Apostle John in a cave on the Mount of Olives, a most exquisite passage and teaching of the secret mysteries of the crucifixion, the best one that has been preserved in my view. It accords with what is revealed to us in the experience of light transmission and deeper experiences of the Risen and Ascended Messiah that arise in our devotions. I’ll never forget a similar vision I was blessed with on Eagle Rock at Lake Tahoe during a sunrise vigil of prayer and meditation, and being introduced to the text from the Acts of John for the first time right afterwards. The image beheld in the vision that summer morning was that of the Messiah as a Human Being of Light with arms outstretched, forming the ‘sign of the cross’; at his heart was something like a brilliant star with twelve rays of light streaming from it - like a white brilliance, which generated something like a rainbow aura surrounding him, his body and face were as though sunlight, though more ‘gentle’ than the light of the ‘heart-star’ and completely translucent, the Messiah being the ‘Holy Cross of Light.’ Compared to the image depicted in the transfiguration in the gospels, this image goes beyond that initial revelation of Messiah Yeshua to his disciples, revealing the universal and supernal nature and being of Messiah. I share this here because it seems to me an image of the Messiah as Seth Gadol, the flashing forth of the image and likeness of Yahweh Elohim in Adam Elyon - the Supernal Human Being.

Concerning Nun, and specifically Nun final, which equals 700, and so has a direct correspondence with the name Seth, first we may recall something Adonai Yeshua said when rebuking those asking for signs or the performing of wonders so that they might believe. He says to them that no sign would be given to them, save the ‘sign of Yonah,’ who was swallowed by a big fish (Nun meaning ‘fish’) and who was spit up by the fish on a beach after some time in its belly. In this metaphor, of course, Yeshua was was speaking about his coming crucifixion and his resurrection through the power of God Most High; hence, the ‘sign of Yonah.’

There is only one letter in its primary form that has a ‘tail’ going beneath the writing line in Hebrew, Koof, the rest are all final letters, Nun being among them. As you have pointed out Gideon, in the Holy Kabbalah we learn that any letter that reaches below the writing line ‘feeds’ the Other Side - the realm of the klippot, the husks, the impure emanations. As we know, according to tradition, following the crucifixion, before the resurrection, Messiah Yeshua descended into the hell realms to bring salvation to souls bound up in them. This very action of a descent into Hades and Hell is in his prophecy of the ‘sign of Yonah,’ who was in the belly of a fish for some time, and so the Messiah and three days that passed before being raise from death to eternal life.

Now Nun final, equalling 700, reminds us that there are impure manifestations of all of these qualities of the human being and God; hence, the klippot, the husks or shells of darkness, or admixture. As we know, a fish, Nun, became a key symbol of Messiah among followers of the Way, and this naturally plays upon an awareness of the radical grace and mercy of God manifest in the Messiah, and the capacity of the Messiah, the Anointing, to deliver souls from the deepest pits of Hell, or from the most severe karmic conditions. Nun final, representing the divine action of the Messiah entering into Hades and Hell, indicates the Holy Light of the Messiah, or ‘True Cross,’ entering into all realms and worlds of creation, and so entering into all realms of the klippot, the Other Side, shattering husks, and gathering in and uplifting sparks bound up in them - delivering spirits and souls. As we know, joined with ‘repentance’ there is ‘confession.’ If and when we open to the Holy Light and Spirit, and we bring internal klippot into the light of awareness - ‘confessing it’ in the presence of God, the Holy Light of the Messiah will dispel those husks, those shadows, in that very instant, and the Holy Spirit will draw out the sparks from them and uplift them, transforming impure qualities into pure qualities - a resemblance to the corresponding Divine Attributes. Such is the forgiveness and mercy that is in Messiah Yeshua - such is the spiritual power of Nun final in correspondence with the Messiah as a Divine Action, an action of deliverance and healing, or restoring to wholeness.

Having considered esoteric associations of Nun with the Messiah in a brief overview it brings up other aspects of the reception of a ‘call’ from the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim).

Koof is the only letter in primary form that has a ‘tail’ below the writing line and so suggests a ‘feeding’ of klippot, the Other Side. This letter does indicate the journey of souls, arising from an unconscious union, passing through cycles of unconscious evolution, or aimless wandering in ignorance, shifting into a semiconscious evolution, and in this process, naturally, falling into error and sin, and the generation of a karmic continuum through numerous incarnations. That it begins the Hebrew word for call suggests an awakening, remembering, a calling out, as it were, from ignorance, forgetfulness - ‘darkness.’ Quite distinctly, in our initial call, in the initial kindling of faith, we are called from darkness to light, from death to life, from godlessness to godliness; we are called out from the realm of klippot, the ‘Other Side,’ to ‘return to God.’

If you consider it, this calling out from darkness, from ignorance, from forgetfulness indicated by Koof, followed by Resh - ‘face’ or ‘head,’ may be understood as a turning, returning, to God, the True Light; Alef, then, may be understood to represent the Holy One, in that it equals 1, and more so in that we know the shape of the letter in its decorative script forms holds hidden within it the Great Name of God - Yahweh.

Likewise, if you consider it, this word for ‘call’ composed of these three letters directly suggests repentance as a ‘return to be One.’ Quite naturally, the response to a call from heaven and God is repentance.

These are a few thoughts that I may add to this discourse.

May the Light of the True Cross shine brightly in this world today, and may many awaken and return to be One! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”