About praying

Moderator: Brother Christopher

xmode

About praying

#1 Postby xmode » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:29 am

I think i dont pray properly, it feels not right. I'd like an advice. :idea:

Perhaps, mr. Malachi would share something i am missing.

May I use the name "Yahweh"? I've read, that in the past Jewish people decided that it was too sacred to be used by people...
Know Thyself.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Getting Started

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Shalom!

If prayer is wherever one most often sets their mind and desire for what comes to pass, then unconscious prayer is something everyone is already doing. I intend to be as conscious, mindful, and aware of others and the One as possible. To support this, I pray. In all I do, in how I speak, in what I intend with what I do and speak, I offer this to the One.

To focus the mind, heart, and life with prayer, there are many, many ways, all of which have advantages in a cycle of life. In our website, we offer an array of practices that are prayers, none of which are 'better' than others, only more skillful in what is happening in life. The art of prayer is learning from experience what is most useful in remembering the One.

The benefits of practices for everyone are many. To grow into these further, consider foundation practices: All of these our community uses in simple or elaborate ways, all as the Spirit leads us.

I will share that prayer and meditation have their effects only with consistency. A simple practice everyday morning and evening will do much more than a more elaborate practice now and then.

I hope these resources are of some help you. As always, feel free to ask questions of anything further.

Shalom!

Elder Gideon

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”