Our LORD, Our God

Moderator: Tau Malachi

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Our LORD, Our God

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding is beyond number (Psalms 147:5).

Great is our Lord: Adoneinu

Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! (Deuteronomy 6:4).

LORD our God: Eloheinu

In a recent discourse from the Zohar, you expounded upon beautiful mysteries of the Divine Name for Tiferet—Eloah—which is exterior to this sefirah, as YHVH is interior. The very spelling of Eloah mirrored the Great Name in a way I'd never pursued: אלוה

Given what the rabbis have suggested in shifts in possessive cases of these Names, there's yet another mirror in the play between Eloah (God), Elohi (my God), and Eloheinu (your/our God) and Adon (Lord), Adonai (my Lord), and Adoneinu (your/our Lord).

This is bursting with directions. Where might the Presence incline you to start?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Our LORD, Our God

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Blessings and grace to you from Adon Yeshua Messiah!

The Names Eloah, Elohi and Elohenu, which mean ‘our God,’ ‘my God,’ and ‘your God,’ respectively, correspond with the exterior of Tiferet, the Great Name of Yahweh corresponding to the interiors of Tiferet. Essentially, Eloah, Elohi and Elohenu correspond with what is revealed to us of Yahweh, the Eternal One, understanding that whatever may be revealed of the Infinite and Eternal, there is always far more that is concealed, or that is yet to be revealed; indeed, for there can be no end to the revelation of Yahweh, the Eternal One, and the Essence of Yahweh and the fullness of the Being of Yahweh is known to Yahweh alone and no other.

Now in a recent passage of the Zohar the parallel of the Names Yahweh and Eloah was brought up, two four lettered Names of God, one beginning with Yah and the other with El, both ending in Vau-He. As we know, Yah is the Name corresponding with Hokmah-Wisdom, the head of the Pillar of Mercy, and El is the Name corresponding with Hesed-Mercy, as such we may understand that Yahweh and Eloah both represent manifestations of the grace and mercy of God, the boundless love and compassion of God. As we have said, Yahweh is attributed to the interiors of Tiferet and Eloah is attributed to the exteriors, and Eloah corresponds with what is revealed and known of Yahweh, while the Great Name of Yahweh points to that which is hidden, ever beyond. Following a similar line of contemplation, Eloah corresponds with knowledge of God in this world and Yahweh corresponds with knowledge of God in the Pleroma of Light, or World-That-Is-Coming.

El corresponds with Mercy, and as we know Vau and He correspond with Tiferet and Malkut, or the Six and the Holy Shekinah - Zer Anpin (Little Face) and Nukva (Female). The Name Eloah, therefore, corresponds with the Six and Malkut manifest in Mercy, in revelation and realization of the Divine, or the play of full Supernal Influx. As we know, this transpires through the unification of Tiferet, or the Six, with Malkut, which comes to pass through the grace and mercy of God, and through the response of the faithful and spiritual elect to it, or the spiritual Community of Israel remembering and keeping covenant with God Most High (El Elyon). As is known, in the Messiah there is a New Israel and New Jerusalem, and a new covenant, the holy covenant, continuum, passing to those who receive the Messiah, the anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit of God. In the old covenant with the Hebrews there was the manifestation of Eloah, revelations of Yahweh, but with the First Coming of the Messiah there was a greater manifestation of Eloah, and as we know there is to be an even greater manifestation of Eloah in the Second Coming, which now has begun among us. If we inquire into the distinction of the manifestation of Eloah in the old covenant versus the new covenant it is this: In the old covenant, under the law, the manifestation of Eloah, revelations of Yahweh, transpired in states of nearness, and so twoness, separation, but with the appearance of the Messiah, in the new covenant, under grace, the manifestation of Eloah, the revelations of Yahweh, may transpire in states of intimate nearness and oneness for those receiving the Messiah, and so being indwelled by the Messiah and Holy Spirit.

Here we may say that the divine fullness of the Name of Eloah was manifest in the appearance and revelation of the Risen and Ascended Messiah - Hayyah Yeshua; the realization of the Absolute Oneness of God Most High embodied in Yeshua being the perfect and complete unification of Vau-He, or Tiferet and Malkut (Groom & Bride). This, of course, is hinted at in the gospels by the Magdalene becoming the first witness of the Risen Messiah, the first to receive this manifestation of Eloah in divine fullness, and so being ordained as the Apostle of Apostles; hence the full embrace of ‘Groom’ and ‘Bride’ in Yeshua and Mirya in the resurrection and ascension.

As you might imagine there are many different gradations of the manifestation of Eloah, and likewise Elohi and Elohenu - various grades of the revelation of Yahweh in nearness and oneness; as for Eloah, ‘our God,’ this indicates that though from one to another revelations of Yahweh may differ all are revelations of One God, and likewise this indicates revelations to a whole community, an entire people, so shared, mutual, revelations of God. These various gradations of nearness to God and oneness with God in the awakening and realization of souls, of course, correspond with different interactions with Tiferet and Malkut, or the ‘love-play of the Groom and Bride.’

Now speaking on a most basic level the parallel between Eloah and Adon, Elohi and Adonai, and Elohenu and Adoneinu, these represent two dimensions of our experience of revelations of Yahweh, or experiences of Light Transmission, Eloah corresponding with the inner and Adon with the outer. In any revelation of God in our heart and soul, and in our life, there is an inner and outer dimension, and the inner corresponds with ‘secret’ knowledge of God we receive that cannot be shared with others but that can only be received through direct experience, knowledge that only the Spirit of God can reveal to a soul; and the outer corresponds to knowledge of God received that can be shared with others, as well as the capacity to initiate or empower others as we integrate revelations, or spiritual or supernal realization.

There is something more, though, between Elohi and Adonai, for Elohi may correspond with knowledge of God that is carried in our soul from previous lives while Adonai may correspond with the knowledge of God we are able to drawn into our present life; again, a form of ‘secret’ knowledge of God that is hidden and knowledge of God that may be disclosed.

There is a further implication of Eloah and Adon, for Eloah may be understood to indicate whatever Truth and Light is revealed to us, and Adon may be understood to indicate what we are able to actualize and realize, and integrate and embody of that Truth and Light. Essentially, the full reception of any revelation of God, any unveiling and self-disclosure of God in our heart and soul, is completed through enacting and embodying that Truth and Light so that it is fully known and understood on an experiential level, being made manifest in this world.

This seems enough for an initial contemplation of Eloah and the interplay of Names associated with the exteriors of Tiferet and Malkut, here I’m inclined to pause, waiting upon the Holy Spirit.

May Eloah bless you and may Adoneinu be with you this day! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

My God and Your God

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Feast Day Shalom, Tau Malachi:

In the old covenant, under the law, the manifestation of Eloah, revelations of Yahweh, transpired in states of nearness, and so twoness, separation, but with the appearance of the Messiah, in the new covenant, under grace, the manifestation of Eloah, the revelations of Yahweh, may transpire in states of intimate nearness and oneness for those receiving the Messiah, and so being indwelled by the Messiah and Holy Spirit.

Many thanks, Tau, for opening up so many angles in this mystery of inner and outer dimensions of these Divine names joining Tiferet and Malkut. Everything you’ve shared contributes to something I’m hearing differently regarding the Shema:

Shema Israel, YHVH Elohenu, YHVH Ahad.

Out of respect for the Great Name, Judaism will never pronounce YHVH, but will veil YHVH with Adonai. Given what you’ve shared above, YHVH being the ever-more, what is yet-to-be-known of the One, in addition to the intention of reverence, Adonai makes another sense of what is known of YHVH, what may be shared.

YHVH and Adonai come together very explicitly in the center of the Shema in the words YHVH Elohenu. "The Lord your God" is a link of what is concealed (YHVH) and revealed (Elohenu) in way that now feels like a pivot between everything manifest here (Shema Israel) and its conscious disappearance and dissolution in the One (YHVH Ahad). May more souls open to this reality and welcome passing away in God. Amen!

In any revelation of God in our heart and soul, and in our life, there is an inner and outer dimension, and the inner corresponds with ‘secret’ knowledge of God we receive that cannot be shared with others but that can only be received through direct experience, knowledge that only the Spirit of God can reveal to a soul; and the outer corresponds to knowledge of God received that can be shared with others, as well as the capacity to initiate or empower others as we integrate revelations, or spiritual or supernal realization.

Given our Feast Day of the Crucifixion and Resurrection, I wished to share something the Risen Savior said from the Gospel of John that stands out differently in light of the mysteries of Elohi and Elohenu:

But go to my brothers and say to them, “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God” (20:17).

The repetition of these possessive cases my Father and your Father, to my God and your God might seem unnecessary until we respect the distinction they suggest of what can and can’t be shared of the knowledge of God. The “and” speaks overlapping knowledge(s), yet the pronouns “my” and “your” delineate what is knowledge in oneself and in another. What more can we draw out of this moment I’ve glossed over for so many years until today?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Our LORD, Our God

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:37 am

Grace, blessings and peace to you from Messiah Yeshua!

First there is something important to be said about this message the Messiah instructs Yohanan the Beloved to speak to his disciples. “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God,” in this it may be heard that he is teaching his disciples that the Living Father of whom he speaks is the God of Israel, the God the disciples have known and worshipped from their youth; hence, that the ‘Father’ is Yahweh. This is significant, for as we know, some ancient “gnostic” schools of thought had very strange and dualistic teachings of Divinity, and very distorted views of the revelation of the Divine and the coming of the Messiah. They would propose that the God revealed in the Old Testament was not the God of Yeshua Messiah and the New Testament, and they taught that Yahweh was the ‘demiurge,’ a false god, not the true god. Such teachings were, and are, a severe misconception of the revelations of the Infinite and Eternal One and the coming of the Messiah. This saying in the revelation of the Messiah as the Human One of Light, or Cosmic Christ, to Yohanan during the crucifixion counters those strange teachings, clearly indicating that the Father of whom Yeshua spoke was Yahweh Elohim, the ‘Lord God’ of Israel. At least this is how we hear this message.

Speaking of Yahweh as the Father - Abba, however, Adon Yeshua was dispelling the thought that Yahweh, the Eternal One, was far removed from creatures and creation, and specifically human beings; hence, he was dispelling the ignorance, the illusion of separation from God, and teaching a path of intimate nearness and direct communion with God, and ultimately the realization of oneness with God.

The distinction between revelations of the Old and New Testament, or old and new covenant, was not in God Most High, but was in human souls, human consciousness, and the degree to which human beings at any given time and place could receive and integrate the revelations of the Eternal God, and understand the Word and Wisdom of God. Essentially, revelations of heaven and God become tainted with human ignorance, the limited, finite intellect and current knowledge and norms of the time, so that while there may be much knowledge, understanding and wisdom gleaned, necessarily there are also misconceptions, misunderstandings. That, and as we have shared, there is much that prophets and apostles know that cannot be shared, and there is much that they would like to share but their people are not able or willing to listen and hear, and so receive. The entire labor of the prophets before the coming of the Messiah, including the giving of the law at Mount Sinai, was to bring about a development and evolution of the collective human consciousness, preparing and opening the way for the coming of the Messiah and reception of the Messiah in humanity.

Now this relates directly to what we have been contemplating and writing about, the three Holy Names related to the exterior of Tiferet and the three Holy Names related to the exterior of Malkut; hence, Names of God corresponding with the ongoing revelation of God to us, and as we have shared, there is in truth no end to the revelation of Yahweh, the Eternal One, the Infinite One.

As we know, with Yeshua Messiah in the First Coming there was a greater revelation of Yahweh Elohim, and so there was a greater manifestation of Elohi, Elohenu and Eloah. The use of the Name Father, Abba, for Yahweh symbolizes this greater revelation of Yahweh, specifically the love of the Eternal One for people, creatures, creation, and the intimate nearness of Yahweh and oneness of Yahweh with people, creatures, creation, such that each person is to have an intimate personal and individual communion with the Eternal One, and know the Eternal One through revelations of the Holy One in their heart and soul, and their lives. Thus the sending of the Messiah, who abides in conscious union with God Most High, revealing the truth, reality, of the intimate nearness and oneness of spirits and souls with God, the Infinite Light. As we know, on account of this the Names of Adon, Adonai and Adoneinu come to be associated with Messiah Yeshua, as well as with revelations of God in our lives and the knowledge we are able to share; indeed, for he was a direct, incarnate, revelation of Yahweh Elohim to us, to the world and all humanity, so Adon, Adonai and Adoneinu, the ‘Lord,’ ‘my Lord’ and ‘your Lord.’

Here in passing we may share that we may naturally anticipate a even greater revelation of Yahweh Elohim and Universal Messiah in the Second Coming, and so an even greater manifestation of Eloah, Elohi and Elohenu. Certainly so!

There is something more to be said of “my Father and your Father, my God and your God.” Concerning ‘my Father’ and ‘your Father,’ bear in mind that two siblings can have the same father but two different mothers, and so may come into being through a different matrix, as it were, sharing the DNA from their father but having completely different DNA from their mothers. In this regard we may contemplate the One God, our Heavenly Father - the Absolute Light, from which we all issue, and we may contemplate the very different circumstances and experiences of our lives as the ‘mother,’ the matrix through which we enter into creation and come into being. As it is said in the tradition, ‘The Mother reveals to us our Father,’ and so it is with our lives, the circumstances, situations and events that arise in our interior and exterior life, this is how we come to know our God, Eloah, our Lord, Adoneinu, and while our knowledge is of one and the same God, and something of the same Truth and Light will be known and shared between us, each of us will experience an individual and unique revelation of God, and so hold special knowledge, understanding and wisdom of God that is different from one to another. This, of course, plays out in the Names of Elohi and Elohenu, and Adonai and Adoneinu. It must be understood that God never repeats Godself in revelation, not from one time to another, nor from one individual to another, but every revelation of the Infinite and Eternal is unique and it is as though for the first time, and only time. Thus, each of us is given our own gospel - our own understanding of the Gospel of Truth, and with each of us the unveilings and self-disclosures of the Messiah and Holy One in our hearts and souls, minds and lives, will be unique and individual. As we know and understand, the revelation of God Most High to each is us is as our True Being, our Divine Self or Christ Self - the Divine I Am ( the realization of yechidah-hayyah-neshamah). Therefore there is, indeed, ‘my God’ and ‘your God,’ but ultimately there is One God, One Lord, not many, so our God, our Lord, Eloah, Adoneinu. Contemplate this well, and understand!

Here it must be said that this deep mystery, this great secret of mystics and gnostics, can be very dangerous to immature or imbalanced souls and can lead into very severe self-delusions if not balanced by a living tradition, a spiritual teacher and guide, and spiritual community. Do understand, though I may have my gospel and you may have your gospel, and so it is for every member of the Body of Messiah, Anointed Community, the truth and reality of the revelations of God that we experience and our gospel ought not contradict the greater Gospel of Truth, and the discernment of this comes through the reflection and consensus of Anointed Community. Our spiritual community, our sisters and brothers, are guardians to us and a balance to us so that we do not get caught up in our ego and self-delusions, or the enchantments of ‘deceiving spirits,’ and so that we do not fall into strange teachings that lead us astray from the Straight Path, the Gnostic Path. There is always this danger in a mystical spirituality, the mystical path, and tzaddik and community are guardians against it, a holy sanctuary to us in the Way.

Here I’m inclined to rest in the Lord, and abide silent in the Spirit.

May we be blessed to behold the Holy One ‘face-to-face’ and to know as we have been known! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Christian Kabbalah”