Self Knowledge: God Knowledge

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:22 am

“Should you who posses everything not know yourself? If you do not know yourself you will not enjoy what is your own. But know yourself and what you have enjoy.”

(Gospel of Phillip)

There is something of an open secret in the Gnostic Path, an essential truth to be understood. God reveals Godself to you as yourself, not as your ego, the ‘little self,’ but as your Divine Self - the Divine I Am. Understand, your soul is an emanation of the Essence and Being of God, the Infinite Light and Life that God Is, and it is woven of the Divine Attributes (Sefirot), and the inmost part of the soul God and Godhead indwells, and it is inseparable from God Most High. Thus, through the inner aspects of the soul, and as those inner aspects, God is revealed to us, and our knowledge of God is the knowledge of our Divine Self, the Divine I Am.

As each soul is unique and individual, so also is the revelation of God to each soul, and so the knowledge of God each realized soul holds is unique. From one to another they may share knowledge and understanding of certain universal truths, but each will also have a particular and special knowledge of God that is different from that of any other; hence, knowledge of God as the Divine Self, the Divine I Am.

In this regard we may consider the gospels passed down to us, the Gospel of St. Thomas, Gospel of St. John, Gospel of St. Matthew, and so on, or we may consider the words of St. Paul, “According to my gospel…” As we know, there is one Holy Gospel, the Gospel of Truth as it is in Christ and God, but then through the revelations of Christ and God in our hearts and souls each of us has our own gospel, our own knowledge and understanding of the Gospel of Truth, which corresponds with the revelation of Christ and God as our Divine Self, or as the leadings of the Holy Spirit towards the realization of our Divine Self.

Concerning the teachings of the Straight Path, the Gnostic Path, the truth is that the soul abides in an innate union with God, and we live and move and have our being in God, whether we are aware of our oneness with Christ in God or not. In reality it’s not that we have ever existed separate and apart from God - there is nothing that exists apart from the Holy One. Thus it is not that we are separate from God and eventually will be united with God, but rather through the reception of the Christ-Spirit our soul is awakened and we become aware of our innate oneness with God and so may experience conscious union with Christ in God. In this regard we are wise to have respect and reverence for each and every human being, for the image of God is in them, whether or not the likeness of God has been generated and intimate nearness or oneness with God realized, nevertheless inwardly they are inseparable from God and God is within them.

Now do understand that having Self-knowledge, which is to say Self-realization in Christ, each soul comes into being as a unique embodiment and manifestation of the Christ-Spirit, just as each human being is a completely unique expression and manifestation of humanity, like no other before them or after them. In this, perhaps, you may understand that that seeking and finding God is all about being and becoming yourself - your True Self as you are in the Living God.

Being truly yourself will naturally bring real and lasting enjoyment - pure joy, pure bliss!

May many awaken and remember their True Being in the Holy One of Being and so enjoy the delight of conscious union! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

Re: Self Knowledge: God Knowledge

#2 Postby Bevan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Shabbat Shalom Tau and Community!

I am greatly appreciating the truths being made clear from the Gospel of St. Philip. I have a couple questions and a reflection.

From one to another they may share knowledge and understanding of certain universal truths, but each will also have a particular and special knowledge of God that is different from that of any other; hence, knowledge of God as the Divine Self, the Divine I Am.
Is this what St. Paul talks about as the parts of the Body of Christ and spiritual gifts in 1 Corinthians 12? In the Body there are diverse parts with love joining them all in oneness.

Now do understand that having Self-knowledge, which is to say Self-realization in Christ, each soul comes into being as a unique embodiment and manifestation of the Christ-Spirit, just as each human being is a completely unique expression and manifestation of humanity, like no other before them or after them.
In this quote, I understand that uniqueness in physical incarnation is different than our distinctness in Self-realization in Christ. In each incarnation, we are given a specific personality and life conditions to realize likeness and be conformed to the image of the Divine Self. Is it like the True Self has something of a distinct personality beyond an incarnation?

I hear that everything we need exists within us. Ignorant of this in a spiritual search, through trial and error, we put on identifies that are patterns of the world outside of us. Going inside, we learn what is authentic and what is not to who we truly are. I am reminded of this verse:
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)

May many be awakened to their Authentic Self and be in wonder today!
Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Self Knowledge: God Knowledge

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Grace and peace to you from Messiah Yeshua! Amen.

There is knowledge and there is power, and from the Christ-Spirit we receive knowledge and power - spiritual gifts are spiritual powers. Quite naturally, with knowledge comes corresponding power, much like with the reaching of stations and their corresponding states. As an example, having knowledge of healing so a healer has the healing power. In the knowledge of the Gospel of Truth, or knowledge of Christ and God, however, there is knowledge, understanding and wisdom that may go beyond the spiritual gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians, well beyond our ordinary concepts of the Divine Attributes, Divine Actions, into their interiors, but then with this there is corresponding power, but by nature, being ‘secret,’ it isn’t easy to speak about.

St. Paul does understand, though, that each individual has their own revelation of the Gospel, or Christ and God - knowledge of the Truth, the Real, and that naturally also each holds those spiritual gifts that God ordains for them, or those that shine from their unique essence or divine spark, and all together Anointed Community holds all knowledge and power, the fullness of the Body of Christ, the True Image of God.

Though I was not speaking of the possible multiple incarnations of realized souls, or the holy and enlightened ones, the teaching I shared does extend to this, and in this regard, as an example, we may consider Elijah and Yohanan the Baptist. In some respects they were similar, and yet they were very different. They did share one and the same neshamah, and so the same Divine I Am, but each was a unique realization and embodiment of this, and of the Spirit of God, and they performed different missions and works, though their missions and works were intimately connected - the ongoing revelation of God and the coming of the Messiah. When asked if he was Elijah Yohanan himself said ‘no,’ and he did not lie; Yeshua on the other hand told his disciples that Yohanan was the reincarnation of the soul of Elijah. They both spoke the complete truth.

Do understand that the holy neshamah - interiors of neshamah, and the Divine Self, are inseparable from the Infinite and Eternal, and so hold infinite divine potential, and are bornless, and as much of the soul that is realized and embodied in incarnation, so there is ever more that can be realized and that is transcendent.

Aside from the incarnations of realized souls, each incarnation of a soul is unique and individual - literally, God never repeats Godself, not ever!

Though from one incarnation to another there may be the very same neshamah within and behind, and though the ruach and nefesh of the incarnations may share the same karmic continuum, the ruach and nefesh are unique in each incarnation, and therefore so is the manifestation of neshamah, for neshamah is manifest with, in and through the ruach and nefesh. This, naturally, is true of the Divine Self, the Divine I Am, so that with the divine Self we may speak of the ‘Inner Self,’ incarnate aspect, and ‘Higher Self,’ transcendent aspect; but of course our focus is the realization of the Inner Self, the embodiment of the Self God has ordained in this life.

These are a few thoughts I can share.

May you be aware of the good company of the Holy Shekinah always with you, and bring remembrance of your holy soul to fruition in Messiah! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gospel of St. Philip”