Hardening of Heart: Forgetfulness of God & Wonders

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am

“And they were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened” (Mark 6:51-52).

The disciples had just witnessed Yeshua feed thousands, bringing forth an abundance of food from five loaves of bread and two fish so that when all had eaten and been filled there were abundant leftovers, then, shortly thereafter, they witnessed him walking on the water. On the surface, on both occasions, it might seem reasonable for the disciples to be astounded, for such great wonders are relatively rare in this world and witnessed by very few, or so it may seem in the unenlightened condition. Yet, if one understands the play of Light Transmission and various movements of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, with living tzaddikim, let alone with such as Yeshua Messiah - the Perfect Tzaddik, the astonishment of the disciples would, indeed, indicate a ‘hardening of the heart’; hence a being overcome by a powerful ignorance, forgetfulness, and a falling again into the illusion of separation, dualistic consciousness.

Understand, the disciples had already received spiritual empowerment to preach the Gospel, and to engage in exorcism and the healing of people, and the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, had moved through them in powerful ways, working many wonders for the people. They had experienced many movements of Light Transmission with Adonai Yeshua, revelations of the Divine Presence with him, and communication of the knowledge and power of God through him, and in these mystical experiences they had glimpses, tastes, of nearness and oneness with God. As is known by anyone who has ever encountered a living tzaddik and drawn close to them, and so been present to witness a great wonder, during such powerful movements of the Divine Presence with them there is a radical elevation of those souls bearing witness, recognizing what the power of God is doing and has done - in that moment one does not just believe, but knows, that God is with them. Having such direct spiritual and mystical experiences then forgetting them, and forgetting teachings and revelations received, this corresponds with a ‘hardening of the heart.’

Generally speaking, this always poses a great challenge and struggle for most followers and disciples of living tzaddikim in this world, for until there is a fullness of faith and love, and full passing away, ego-cherishing and the play of desire and fear in it remain strong, and though experiencing great elevations of soul, tasting various grades of nearness and oneness, even faithful people are prone to fall again into dualistic consciousness, mentalities of ordinary unenlightened consciousness, and so forgetfulness - a hardness of heart.

Truly, the power of the ignorance, forgetfulness, the illusion of separation, is very powerful in this world, even among those who are very sincere and noble in their aspirations, for often faith manifest in twoness, dualistic consciousness, is necessarily weak, subject to forgetfulness and doubt. It therefore is important that we learn to counter this tendency, and strive to abide in the remembrance of oneness, whether in faith or knowledge.

First, if you have a weakness in faith turn to God, kindle a deep yearning for an increase of faith, a strengthening of faith, and with it an increase of hope and love, and invoke and ask of God, as one man asked of Adonai Yeshua, “I believe Lord, please help me with my unbelief.” If you will pray and pray and pray, God will answer your prayer, the Holy Spirit will give you a greater strength of faith, this great spiritual power that as Yeshua taught, ‘Can move mountains.’

Now, whenever you receive teachings, and more so revelations, blessings, empowerments - moments of Light Transmission, or you witness wonders, healing, or any other divine actions of the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, remember to give praise and thanks to God, and to ‘hold them dearly in your heart,’ as is the way of the Holy Mother’s wisdom, that all that she saw and heard of the Son, Messiah Yeshua, she ‘treasured in her heart.’ Learn to treasure these priceless blessings from God in your heart, and as you do, remember to contemplate these things, and pray about them, invoking greater knowledge, understanding and wisdom of what you have seen and heard and felt with God and in God. Along with this, learn to bear witness to what has been shown you to your sisters and brothers for the sake of bolstering faith and hope, and glorifying God in Anointed Community. Such things are meant to be proclaimed in assembly, shared for the edification of others and the glorification of God, that others might also benefit and give praise and thanks to God, aware that God is with them. Such things are meant to be shared unless by a holy tzaddik or the Holy Spirit you are asked to keep it secret - still though you would treasure it in your heart and not allow forgetfulness to steal the blessing, the light power from you.

As you do this, remember the first of the Three Roots, that ‘God is always with you,’ within and all around you, and remember that you have never been separate from the Living God - these very moments of power, revelation, are for the sake of this remembrance, they are signs of this truth, this reality, of God with you: Emmanuel!

Understand, any such actions, movements, of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, come to pass because those gathered together in the Blessed Name have co-created the conditions necessary for a greater action of the Spirit of God, and all who are present are involved in that movement, they are an integral part of it. Though, indeed, it may be that a holy tzaddik served as the center through which the full force of an influx of the Holy Light and Spirit moved, it is a direct reflection, revelation, of the great power of God in your holy soul, in the divine spark that is within you, and the Spirit of God that has been set into you as you received the Messiah, the Anointing. Truly, I will tell you, as one body in Messiah, all who are gathered together and present in such moments of the revelation of the Divine Presence are vehicles, channels, of that Holy Light and Spirit, each as they are open to the Spirit in faith and love. Understanding this, do not bear witness in twoness, but in oneness, unity, understanding that whatever such works living tzaddikim do are interdependent with the assembly of the faithful and spiritual people that gathers with them - the entire Anointed Community.

Whatever their human weaknesses, clearly the disciples of the Perfect Tzaddik, Messiah Yeshua, were souls of lofty grades, with great faith and love; whenever he rebuked them for a lacking in faith, or hardness of heart, he was calling them to a greater divine pride - boldness in faith, along with greater spiritual humility, reminding them of the divine spark in them, and why they had come into the world with him.

Finally I will share with you, in faith and love, having knowledge of God, we ought not be astounded or surprised by what God has done, is doing, and will do; with God I will tell you it is not extraordinary, nor is it rare, but rather it’s ordinary, common, for our God is a Living God, and with God nothing is impossible. Do know and understand that God has set into your soul a divine spark that has such divine power, and that if you invoke and take action in full faith and love, never doubting, the full force of the Spirit of God - radiance of the divine spark in you, will move with, in and through you, and so also the angels of God.

In faith we will not be astounded, though indeed we will have holy awe and wonder, and give praise and thanks to God, and delight in all the divine actions and revelations of the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit; certainly so, for the Living Presence of God is Wonderful, Delightful, totally Marvelous! Praise God!

Having received and been received in Divine Grace may the Holy Spirit bring your faith, hope and love to its fullness in God Most High! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Light of Remembrance

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri May 03, 2019 9:45 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Later he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were sitting at the table; and he upbraided them for their lack of faith and stubbornness, because they had not believed [the women] who saw him after he had risen (Mark 16:14).

Your teaching of forgetfulness as the hardening of the heart opens my understanding of these moments from the Gospel of Mark, even his scolding their astonishment. Without explicitly saying it in the Gospel of Mark, the shorter and longer endings emphasize the holy women—Mother, Lady Mirya, and Salome—who are able to behold the angel heralding (shorter version) or the Risen Savior himself, but are discredited by the men (longer ending). Mark's emphasis is extraordinary in light of your teaching on remembrance—the open heart—and forgetfulness—the hard heart. Compared with the men, the women seemed to have not fallen into forgetfulness.

The state of the heart that remembers or forgets opens up another panorama with many examples in John of his use of the word "light" and "darkness" respectively. Jesus said to them, ‘The light is with you for a little longer. Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness may not overtake you. If you walk in the darkness, you do not know where you are going. While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become children of light' (John 12:35-36). This is very plain. Light is remembrance—an open, circumcised heart. Darkness is forgetfulness—a hard, uncircumcised heart. Applied to these and many verses like them brings these abstract terms into our immediate experience. When I'm cleaving to Messiah, Tzaddik, and the annointed community, I'm remembering where I'm from and where I'm going, that God is with me, despite every contradiction. Such a heart is open, connected, conscious, and grateful in the remembrance of what the One has and is doing every moment.

Contrast this with a beautiful mystery of the word in Hebrew for darkness—khoshek—whose same three letters חשכ rearranged spell forget, ignore, or wither—shakhakh. The khoshek over the face of the deep in Genesis is the most profound, primordial forgetfulness, the cause of all ignorance and hardness of heart. Here is evidence of something of this very mystery of which Yeshua and all the prophets before him meant by darkness-as-forgetfulness. The abstraction of it all is made plain and immediate: Conscious or unconscious is a matter of remembering or forgetting. I only have to consider my own experience in the journey to see this process of moving from unconscious and forgetful, even guarded by hard heart, to increasing awareness and remembrance, less and less guarded with a feeling, vulnerable, and receptive heart.

All in the mystery of God's concealed mercy, there is a further secret in Aramaic of the same word (H7912): shekhakh: To find or be found. This reminds of the mercy of God that causes us to suffer when we forget and become ungrateful. I must feel this until I'm ready to turn. Losing myself in darkness and forgetfulness compels my search to find myself. All of this is in the One. There is no other way one returns to themself than by the process of straying, just as our Lady, whom we honor tonight. Only by losing herself, could she seek, find, and be found by herself beyond anyone she could have ever imagined.

Because of her, so with us.

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Hardening of Heart: Forgetfulness of God & Wonders

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 08, 2019 10:14 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Light of Messiah, the Anointed of God!

To discount the witness of the Holy Mother and Bride was the same as disregarding the word of Adonai Yeshua, for the Mother held complete heart knowledge of the Messiah and the Bride embodied the fullness of the Shekinah of Messiah, so it is no wonder that Messiah Yeshua issues a strong rebuke of the male disciples faithlessness and stubbornness, an even sharper rebuke than before. Given that they had all scattered following Gethsemane and only Yohanan the Beloved returned to witness the cross, while the Mother and Bride, and other women disciples remained near, witnessing everything, the men had indeed fallen again into a hardness of heart, and so a state of diminished faith and love.

You have said something very important in this contemplation. You have shared that that in her life journey, when in exile in Babylon, Lady Mirya lost herself, but that in losing herself she was empowered to seek and find herself - her Divine Self, and so embodied the fullness of her soul, her divine and human nature, and therefore brought forth the full power of her divine spark - yechidah.

There is something to be said of this, for there must be a passing away of who we are in ourselves, a certain ‘loss of self,’ in order to seek and find who and what we are in God, the True Light. If we understand the truth of the divine spark in us, and the Divine Self - the Divine I Am, then we will understand that to seek and find oneself, one’s True Self, is to find God and have knowledge of God through conscious union.

It is through self-knowledge that there is knowledge of God; it is as our Divine Self, Divine I Am, that God reveals Godself to us, and in effect gives Godself to us.

In this, perhaps, you may realize that faith in oneself is integral to faith in God. There cannot be one without the other. If, then, there is a lack of faith, or hardness of heart, there is lack of faith in oneself, a hardness of heart against oneself. In this regard we might recall the very curious story of Pharaoh in the exodus, and how after an opening of his heart, again and again there was a ‘hardening’ of his heart. Given that a hardening of his heart led to his downfall and self destruction, it is clear the hardening of his heart against the prophet and God was the hardening of his heart against himself.

The Holy Scriptures speak of the need for a ‘broken and contrite heart’ in turning to God, or the need for a ‘pure heart’ - faith and love, and we may say that the ‘breaking’ of the heart is the shattering of the husk that hardens the heart, and a ‘loss of self’ that opens the way to seeking and finding our Divine Self, and so to finding God - returning to be One.

In this passage from the Gospel of Mark it would seem that the hearts of the disciples were not fully ‘broken’ open, and it would seem that the fierce rebuke of the Master was aimed at the full shattering of that klippah, that husk or barrier.

If you consider it, through the cross and their scattering, they had lost themselves, who they were in themselves was passing away so that they might realize the Messiah, which is to say so that they might realize who and what they are in God - the Divine Self, Christ Self.

This had already transpired with Mother Miriam and the Magdalene, for as we know the fullness of the Holy Shekinah, or Hokmah-Sophia, was embodied in them, the Word and Wisdom of God having been ‘made flesh.’

As we spoke about in our gathering this past Shabbat following the Holy Feast of the Bride, within each and every human being there is a divine spark of the Infinite Light, which itself is infinite and eternal; hence, within each woman or man there is, in fact, this awesome power of God, that inmost aspect of our soul being indwelled by God and Godhead, being inseparable from the Infinite and Eternal One. As much as the Holy Spirit coming upon us ‘from above’ when we act with an open heart and mind in full faith, in the awareness of oneness with God, we bring forth from within us this awesome power of God, the Almighty (El Shaddai). If and when faith is weak, and there is a hardening of the heart, and we fall into the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation, forgetting our innate oneness with God Most High, then we restrict and block this flow of the Holy Light and Spirit of God with, in and through us, diminishing the power of the divine spark in our lives.

In this light, perhaps, you may consider the events of Pentecost, and the ‘tongues of fire’ that alighted upon the heads of all the disciples, it may be understood as a symbolic representation of the realization of the divine spark in them and the deeper spiritual message of the Gospel of our innate oneness with the Messiah in God Most High.

Throughout his earthly ministry and following it in the resurrection Yeshua Messiah labored to bring about this spiritual and supernal realization in his companions, the women and the men, and it is this realization that constitutes reaching the station of apostleship - Gnostic Apostle.

These were a few more thoughts I was inclined to share.

May the Holy Spirit purify our heart, filling it with the love of God, so that we might be blessed to know God as God knows us, God knowing God in us and beyond us! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

#4 Postby Bevan » Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi, Elder Gideon and Community!

In this passage from the Gospel of Mark it would seem that the hearts of the disciples were not fully ‘broken’ open, and it would seem that the fierce rebuke of the Master was aimed at the full shattering of that klippah, that husk or barrier.
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22)

I can see how strong desire from the Navel gets bound up in the Solar Plexus through overthinking and overdoing and so this energy never makes it to the Heart. I can feel it now, grasping for the right words, instead of slowing down and opening my heart to what is happening in the deep perfection of my being.

‘Sacrifice’ is in twoness and hard-headed. To ‘obey’ requires submission (Hod) and the rebuke from the mouth (Peh) of Christ opens up the dominion (Netzach) of the Christos in the Kingdom of God in Oneness. If our Tower is built on shifting sand, it will come falling down. Praise God for this mercy in severity to break the spell and bring us to our senses so we can invoke and remember the Name and the wonders of the Name!

‘Obey’ (Shama; Shin-Mem-Ayin; שָׁמַע) in Hebrew begins with the letter Shin, which is the fiery intelligence, possibly ‘tongues of fire’. This Fire of the Holy Shekinah joins the head with the heart. Was this Fire started by the Divine Spark? Or is that overextending the metaphor? Was it through Yeshua's rebuke and other difficult experiences that the disciples Interior Stars were purified and the conditions created for the raying out of Christ Consciousness at Pentecost?

May many remember the goodness of Lord and put on the mind of God!
Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Living Messiah!

I will share an open secret with you my brother. The serpents power, interior stars, the generation of the body of light, this is all a radiant display of the power of our soul, and so the divine spark in us. The entirety of our energetic being is the glory and power of our divine spark, all of the levels of our soul are the glory and power of the divine spark, so hayyah, neshamah, ruach and nefesh are the manifestation of something of yechidah, this holy spark. As I shared in Shabbat discourse last Sunday, this holy ‘spark’ is something like a star, and is the life and light of all incarnations, all emanations of the soul. It is an endless, exhaustless, divine potential, such as truly our ordinary mind cannot comprehend.

As we know there are six interior stars in the subtle body, with one on top of the head, and then a ‘secret,’ transcendent star above the head. In gnostic scriptures that ‘interior’ star above the head is called our ‘true star,’ which we are to ‘follow,’ and this corresponds with our divine spark, and Divine Self, primordial and supernal. The crown star on top of the head, this corresponds with what is realized of the divine spark, the Divine I Am, and when the Divine Self is realized and embodied it is ‘seated’ in the heart star, the holy of holies of the living temple, the living chariot, of the Eternal One (Yahweh), the dwelling place of the Messiah and Shekinah, Holy Spirit.

Nefesh corresponds with the three lower stars, root, navel and solar plexus, neshamah corresponds with the three upper stars, throat, brow and crown, and ruach corresponds with the heart, and the throat and solar plexus. Thus ruach and the heart join nefesh and neshamah, or who we are in ourselves with who we are in God. In this, perhaps, you may understand that the heart and ruach in it, our human and divine intelligence, is crucial to our Self-realization in Messiah, and likewise you may understand why it is said in our Christian Kabbalah that until the heart star is open, or generated, and the serpent power uplifted into it, though we may be in a human form, human incarnation, as yet we are not true human beings - true images and likenesses of the Eternal God (Yahweh Elohim).

It is in the heart - the interiors of the heart, that God unveils and discloses Godself to us, and which the Messiah and Holy Spirit indwells - through the heart we access all of the knowledge and power of the upper interior stars, and our neshamah, our heavenly and supernal soul, and it is through the heart that the great power of our divine spark shines and the Divine Self, Christ Self, is embodied. In this, perhaps, we may understand why Adonai Yeshua spoke of love and forgiveness, or love and compassion, so much, for those are the most essential attributes of an open heart, a pure heart - the Sacred Heart of Messiah.

It is true, self-cherishing, clinging to name and form and personal history - who we are in ourselves apart from who we are in God, binds our soul, our energy, to the three lower interior stars and corresponds with a ‘hardened heart.’ In faith and love we must no longer cling to name and form and personal history, but instead we must cultivate a self-identity with the Messiah, fully evolved and enlightened being - Divine and Supernal Being; hence, we need to follow our True Star, the Divine Self.

Necessarily, to uplift the serpent power to the heart, and beyond, there must be obedience, submission, surrender, of who we are in ourselves to our heart and who we are in God - the outer self must be brought into alignment and harmony with the Inner Self, the inside and outside joined as one, and there is quite naturally a certain passing away and self-transformation as we go within our heart, and go deeper still. In full unification with the Shekinah of Messiah there is no longer self and other, there is only the Holy One, the Holy Shekinah - the pure emanation of the Infinite and Eternal.

With regards to the divine spark ‘starting a fire,’ my dear brother that spark, that heavenly star, is light and fire. It’s just the in the upper room at Pentecost hearts and minds were open, sensitive - faithful and loving, and so that supernal radiance could shine with, in and through them, and be realized and embodied in them, as them. Do you understand?

The divine spark is the truth, reality, of our innate oneness with God Most High, it cannot be contemplated in twoness, but rather in oneness. Do know and understand that if and when a prophet or apostle enacts a great healing or wonder through the power of the divine spark in them, God has enacted it! There is no separation between the prophet or apostle and the Holy Shekinah in that movement. In this light consider the staff raised up by Moses at the parting of the Red Sea. Clearly with this gesture there was a manifestation of the great power of the divine spark in him, and yet as we know it is written that the Lord performed this great wonder. Truly I will tell you, Moses uplifted his staff and parted the sea, but Moses did not lift the staff and part the sea, the Holy One did! This is the complete truth.

I can share something with you of the great struggle of the disciples. You see, identified with name and form and personal history, and the mortal, finite intelligence associated with it, they labored to figure out and understand the mysteries of the Gospel, Messiah - thinking and thinking and thinking they confused themselves. It is not with limited finite reason and intellect that deep spiritual mysteries are discerned, let alone the great secrets of God, and the secret or secrets. No, it is only through revelation, the unveiling and self-disclosure of God within the heart, it is only through faith and love - the intuitive intelligence of the heart, that such knowledge of the secrets of creation and God is acquired. This is reflected by the knowledge, understanding and wisdom of the Gospel, the Messiah, held by Yeshua’s close women disciples, and especially the Magdalene - she who loved him the most and so knew him the best of all.

It’s not about so much thinking my dear friend, but rather seeing, hearing and feeling with God - in this there is knowledge of the divine spark, realization of the Divine Self, Divine I Am.

It is God who reveals God to us, who reveals the secrets of creation and God - we just need to open our heart and mind, and have the ears to hear and eyes to see, the eyes of the heart and mind, and soul.

This seems enough for the moment.

May the Light and Fire of the Spiritual Sun of God shine from within you and may you abide in remembrance of your innate oneness with the Messiah in God Most High, the Absolute Light! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”