Healing Cross (Matthew 8:17)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Healing Cross (Matthew 8:17)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am

The Healing Cross

“This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the prophet Isaiah, ‘He took our infirmities and bore our diseases’” (Matthew 8:17).

This verse follows a story of Adonai Yeshua healing and exorcising people all day long, and according to the tradition Yeshua spent many days of his life healing people and blessing them. During his sojourn in this world, though he only proclaimed the Gospel for a few years, he healed hundreds, thousands of people, and he blessed many, many more who came to hear him preach and give guidance. Given all of the healings recounted, some of which were very radical, including raising the dead numerous times, it is reasonable to say that he was and is the greatest healer to have walked upon the earth. Though through God’s mercy there have been many healers throughout the generations, none generated such an abundance of healings and exorcisms, nor did they pass the spiritual empowerment for healing to so many disciples.

If we consider this verse and what it says, it teaches us that quite literally Yeshua Messiah took upon himself all of these various sufferings and held them, so that going to the cross and making a holy sacrifice of himself, it was not only for the sake of the forgiveness of sin, but also for the healing of people, their restoration to wholeness and life. Sin, disease, death, these are all brought into cessation on the cross, and more so in the resurrection and ascension - the revelation of the Risen Messiah.

In this we may understand that Yeshua’s self-offering on the cross was integral to the great healing power manifest with, in and through him, and as him, and we may understand that there is healing power in the Holy Cross - the cross of light within and behind the cross of wood.

The plain meaning of the cross is perfectly clear. It is a symbol of a complete self-negation, passing away in the oneness of God Most High (El Elyon); and it is in this that the healing power, and all other spiritual powers of the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim), are manifest in their fullness. As is known in healing movements it is not we who heal, but it is God who heals, for it is God who is the Healer; in the midst of a healing there is a self-transcendence, a passing away as we merge with the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God moving with, in and through us, healing, whether physical, mental-emotional or spiritual healing.

If we consider this passage of a ‘taking on of infirmities’ and ‘bearing diseases’ - a taking on of the sorrow and suffering of others, this speaks directly to the spiritual practice, spiritual devotion, of ‘giving and receiving’ as taught in our tradition, a way of prayer in which we ‘take up our cross’ and enact an energetic self-offering in compassion for others. As we know, in this way of prayer we envision the Sun of God in our heart and we envision our breath becoming as the radiance of that Spiritual Sun. As we breath in, we take into that Holy Sun within our heart all of the shades and shadows encumbering others, all of their self-negativity, all of their sorrow and suffering, and we give to them in place of it our light and love, our good, our peace and joy, all negativity, all grief and pain, being taken into the Spiritual Sun in the heart and transformed, healed, redeemed. In the fruition of this prayer, meditation, we envision others transformed into human beings of light, just like we who have received the Messiah - the Anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit; hence we envision them whole and complete - healed, restored to their innate perfection as they are in God, the True Light.

I tell you it is no burden to take darkness, shades and shadows, into the Spiritual Sun within us - the indwelling Messiah, for they are completely nullified in that Holy Light, revealed for what they are, unreal, unsubstantial. Thus, giving and receiving, which is intimately connected with this verse, reveals the foundation of the healing way in our lineage and tradition, and all healing practices in our tradition have a connection to this practice.

Interestingly enough, giving and receiving is also a practice that gives insight into how Light Transmission is engaged with conscious intention; hence, the way of initiation and the imparting of spiritual empowerments in our lineage and tradition.

Now very often healings transpire in natural and spontaneous movements of the Holy Spirit, in the ‘power of the moment’ through invocation and prayer, the laying on of hands, various gestures, and with radiant holy breath, as well as through anointing for healing using holy oil. These are simple but very powerful movements of invocation and prayer inspired by the Holy Spirit, and usually they are very swift; but their foundation with healers in the community is in their passionate cleaving to the Messiah and Holy One - their ability to ‘pass away’ in the moment, and their daily continuum of giving and receiving meditation - this mystical way of prayer in which they become the Holy Cross, the ‘Light of the True Cross.’

It should come as no surprise that the most essential and fundamental healing practice would also be intimately connected with the play of Light Transmission, for the ultimate healing of souls is in their realization of their innate oneness with God, their full reintegration with the Light of the Infinite, and this corresponds with the inmost grade of Light Transmission.

May the True Healer, the One God, heal you this day, gathering you into Godself, revealing your self as you are in God to you! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Burden That Is Light.

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Many thanks of praise to the One for revealing this essential mystery of the healing role of the Cross! Nuances like these remind me of how many deep and intricate layers are hidden in plain, canonical sight.

As I read and contemplated the healing work of taking upon oneself the suffering of others, I was reminded of a verse, Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).

I’ve heard and enjoyed this verse all of my life in Christ, but have not seen its relationship to the healing power of the Cross until your writing. Praise God!

The shift in giving and receiving practice for me came in the very identification with the Light Presence of Messiah. This for me has actually been the practice: Learning to shift from my sorrow or anger or anxiety into another identity full and complete in Messiah taught me how giving and receiving is done. “I” can’t. Only Messiah in me can do this. The awareness of this “yoke that is easy and this burden that is light” does all of the heavy lifting.

We're blessed with the most ironic pun in English with the noun and adjective of "light": a burden that is literal light is no burden in the Messiah.

I can’t say this any simpler or more joyfully.

Praise God for the Messiah who shows us how all is accomplished.

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Healing Cross (Matthew 8:17)

#3 Postby sheryl » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:37 am

Shalom Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you Tau Malachi and Elder Gideon for these teachings! Praise God for such gifts!

It is difficult to find the words to express what is felt as they are contemplated, but with God's help I will try.

God's Love (Agape Love) Heals. God's Love is healing -- or takes on our Infirmities and bares our diseases. This is Mashiach, Christ. This is the Love of God.

It is said that Master Yeshua fulfilled the law, that Love is the fulfillment of the law. But for us who are sojourning on the way, the law becomes a means by which we can practice what we are not yet ready to endure. For if and when Love manifests fully and perfectly through us, we will take on the infirmities of those we love. We will bare their diseases. If we have not yet matured so that all self-liberates, we practice loving with the practice of Giving and Receiving. We practice taking on the affirmatives of others and then allowing them to self liberate with the practice of Union with Partzuf. As our love matures these practices will also mature.

Do not awaken Love before its time.

God's Love is light and easy, but if God's Love awakens before its time, Loving and taking on the sorrow and suffering of others before it self liberates, is heavy and hard, bringing great suffering. So can we say that these practices initially are practicing the Love of God before we are ready to be a true vehicle for that Love in this world? And when Love matures in us, we are God's Love, we are Giving and Receiving, we are Partzuf?

May the Love of God be fulfilled in this world.

Shalom,

Sheryl

Bevan

#4 Postby Bevan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:41 am

Shalom Tau, Elder, Sister and Community!

How beautiful to understand this familiar Holy Scripture corresponding to the Giving and Receiving Practice! It speaks to me of Yeshua being our Elder Brother and coming before us so that we can do the works that he did. (John 14:12)
As is known in healing movements it is not we who heal, but it is God who heals, for it is God who is the Healer; in the midst of a healing there is a self-transcendence, a passing away as we merge with the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God moving with, in and through us, healing, whether physical, mental-emotional or spiritual healing.

When Yeshua took “our infirmities” and carried “our diseases”, might this correspond to each of the Olamot (Universes) and the Levels of Soul? In Assiah and Nefesh might this correspond to physical healing? In Yetzirah and Ruach, mental-emotional healing? In Beriyah and Neshamah, spiritual healing? And Atzilut, Hayyah and Yechidah holding “the cross of light” and the fruition of healing through passing away? I'm wondering if this speaks to the multi-dimensional nature of our healing.

Praise be to God for the gift of our practices. May many join in them and rise up in the Great Ascension and Resurrection!

Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 am

Grace and peace to you from Yeshua Messiah and El Elyon!

Yes, indeed, there is a process of maturation of faith and love, and the knowledge of God, that brings forth the full force of light transmission, blessing and healing, and this is naturally connected with our bringing our spiritual practices, our devotions, to their intended fruition - a deeper recognition and realization of our innate oneness with the Messiah in the Eternal One (Yahweh). This realization of intimate nearness, and ultimately oneness with God, is ‘knowledge of God,’ and faith and love are like ‘wings’ through which the soul ascends through various stations and through which this Self-realization in the Messiah dawns (Messianic Consciousness).

At the outset virtually any spiritual practice that we take up is conceptual, fanciful, as we learn about the practice and begin to engage it. It can be no other way. At some point, though, if we are faithful with the way of prayer or meditation and we continue to cleave to the Spiritual Sun of God, the Messiah, the Holy Spirit will reveal the true intention and power of the prayer or meditation, showing us the reality of it through direct experience, essentially taking up the divine action, moving with, in and through us. What is taught to us at the beginning, the instructions we are given, are simply a place to start, and are like a vehicle to open our heart and mind to the Holy Light and Spirit, and to the corresponding divine action of the Messiah and Holy Spirit. In fact, if we continue with various practices over the years, such as primordial meditation, giving and receiving, union with partzuf, and we do so in the way of the Straight Path, these prayers and meditations - these movements, will continue to deepen and evolve, the Living Spirit continuing to take up these divine actions with us and reveal, inspire, new ways and various spiritual works that can be done.

The very intention of the prayer, meditation, giving and receiving is the generation of the Sacred Heart - unconditional love, boundless compassion, and the full force of forgiveness. As we are in ourselves such love, compassion and forgiveness are not possible, but as we are in the Messiah and Holy One these attributes are our true nature and desire. At the outset of taking up giving and receiving we open our mind, heart and body to the love and compassion of the One God, and the truth and light of God Most High, and cleaving to the indwelling Messiah - becoming the Spiritual Sun within and behind our heart, so we pray that the Holy Light and Spirit moves with, in and through us as the power of forgiveness, love, compassion, enlightening and healing the people, and bringing peace. As we mature in this spiritual practice, this divine action, and in faith and love, so we will taste, glimpse moments of intimate nearness and oneness with the Spiritual Sun of God - radiance of the Supernal One, and in those moments we become aware of our own Divine Self, Divine I Am, as a Holy Partzuf. Indeed, for it is!

If in intimate nearness, oneness, and so a direct emanation of the Messiah and Holy One, or the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, then we are a Holy Partzuf ‘below’ as it is called in Christian Kabbalah; for in such movements of the Divine Presence, the Holy Spirit moves with, in and through us, and becomes manifest as us. Such is the grace of God Most High in Yeshua Messiah, and in the Holy Mother and Holy Bride. This is the truth, the reality, of who and what we are in the Eternal One and Light Continuum.

This, of course, we strive with the Holy Spirit to actualize and realize, and embody, not for our own sake alone, or a ‘personal salvation,’ but for the sake of all people, all creatures, the kingdom of heaven, and for the glorification of God. To God be the glory! Praise God!

It is God who heals, and it is God who enlightens, and who gathers in souls to Godself.

This divine action transpires in all of the Olamot of Perude: Asiyah, Yetzirah and Beriyah, or the material, astral and spiritual universes, and yes, indeed, it transpires in nefesh, ruach and the exteriors of neshamah. As for yechidah and hayyah, these interiors are actualized and realized in this process; hence, the realization of our innate oneness with the Messiah in the Holy One, or the realization of the Absolute Oneness of God Most High (El Elyon).

As we know, the play of giving and receiving happens on all of these levels, and may even venture into an actual transmission of the Supernal Light - radiance of the Supernal Crown.

It’s something of an ‘open secret’ that the way of Light Transmission taken up by Anointed Tzaddikim, Apostles, is explicitly taught in practices of giving and receiving and union with Holy Partzuf; indeed, for these spiritual practices express something of their experience of Self-realization in the Messiah and convey something of the spiritual power of their realization.

In closing we can remind of the essential commandment given by Messiah Yeshua, to love one another as he has loved us - this is giving and receiving. Amen.

Having been received and gathered in let is be gatherers in Messiah, the Anointing! Amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”