Sand writing

Aj100

Sand writing

#1 Postby Aj100 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am

Hello!
One of the more relatable and yet enigmatic passages of the new testament personally, is yeshua powerfully forgiving a woman and rescuing her from stoning. He enquires of a hidebound group who is without sin, and being the only one that truly is reveals compassion and justice.

Thats the relatable part! As I'm aware of how dodgy I am. Always need a good advocate. It's a consolation to see how such an advocate deals with accusations. The enigma is, what could yeshua have written in the sand?. He absolves by words, this seems more conveying private, secret instruction , information. As if after breaking through the dramatic barrier of vindictive finger pointers, there is reaching higher, fresh ground. Both achieved by the messiah .Am I anywhere on point in believing this?.
Thanks!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Sand writing

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Shalom,

There are three principle lines of thought regarding what Adonai Yeshua may have written in the dust on the ground when confronting the religious mob of men about to stone the adulterous woman in their self-righteous zeal.

The first is that, given what he says to them, ‘let one among you who is without sin cast the first stone,’ he wrote sins committed by those gathered among them.

The second proposes that he wrote a remembrance that all will come to judgement, ‘dust returning to dust’ and the ‘spirit returning to God.’

The third comes from the perspective of the Practical Kabbalah or Magical Kabbalah and suggests he wrote talismanic figure upon the earth, one invoking strict judgment for anyone spilling blood in that place; hence, that seeking to enact their judgment they would swiftly be brought to judgment. Given that he was well known as a prophet and wonderworker such a gesture in those times would have produced fear and second thoughts about what they were doing.

Clearly, given his statement to the crowd, whatever was written reenforced his words, reminding them that to invoke severe judgment is to fall under judgment oneself.

The passage is about the perils of judgment and the mercy and forgiveness that is in the Messiah.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Aj100

#3 Postby Aj100 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello!
Thank you, lots of material there. I wonder, if this is somehow connected to the after the fact treatment of the Magdalene and women in general. If the woman , has any guilt even. Anyway that's opened the story up more. Appreciated!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:30 pm

Shalom,

I do not know that because we may be oppressed, persecuted or suffer injustice that we are innocent in our own thoughts, speech and actions, nor that it would negate our own repentance, perceiving our own errors. In fact there is a gnostic gospel, Pistis Sophia, that makes a clear point of this. In that esoteric gospel Pistis Sophia engages in thirteen repentances - thirteen cycle of turning to the One God. At the outset in her utterances her fall is all the archons fault, everybody else’s responsibility, but in the end she proclaims it the display of her own energy - thoughts and desires - in a state of forgetfulness or ignorance, and accepts complete responsibility for her mistaken pursuit of false light thinking it was the True Light she adored. Hers is, of course, the story of all souls in their return to God, the True Light, and their ascent and reintegration with the Light of the Infinite One.

It is also true that there was a clear injustice underway. If a woman who was caught in the act of adultery was to be stoned to death, why wasn't the man she was caught with also to be stoned? Clearly the cruel plight of womanhood under the dominion of patriarchy was on full display, and sadly in many places today it has not improved very much in all these thousands of years. God help us!

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Aj100

#5 Postby Aj100 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Hello!
Yes true to emphasise personal agency. And reach the point where one can accept even ones dubious choices as our own. Yet still a part of me thinks this is a sting!. And somehow associated with the plight of the feminine. Perhaps being able to recognise the one throughout diversity is stronger in women. Whereas the males , maintain a fixed focus and see divergence as adulterating. Interesting!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Well, I don't believe we can categorize all women or all men in that way. Blessings!

Aj100

#7 Postby Aj100 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:47 am

Yeah we are all individuals! Just thinking about making sense of how I feel about the passage.

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”