Saying 18

Brother Brian

Saying 18

#1 Postby Brother Brian » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:34 am

The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?" Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death." Gospel of Thomas Verse 18

Elder Gideon has been drawing out some teachings of Tau Malachi in this tread:
http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 556#p18556 “Living Soul Hayyah Nefesh”

After contemplating these teachings I was reminded of this verse in the Gospel of Thomas verse 18
It brought me to the remembrance and simple teachings of this awareness we have been gifted to use within whenever we think or feel so separated from the Divine. Questions arose during contemplation of what if the unenlightened and the enlightened mind are just a simple energy of thought and thinking within the mind. As Malachi has said before it is the same mind which experiences both and it would seem can choose both.

The same mind that whispers you are right and the same mind that whispers you are wrong! The same mind that can give rise to the experiences of wholeness or separation! Are you experiencing salvation in the moment or are you lost? Are you running, hiding from Holy One of being or are you running to and seeking to experience this Holy One of being?

I remember hearing teachings of Adam and Eve in the garden hiding themselves from the presence of the Lord was actually this choice of casting God out of Eden. (Eden within) or thinking they can and experiencing reality as separate from God!

This story of Adam and Eve would seem to be the underlining source of decision and choice making within us! Are we seeking God or not? This decision then could dictate the experience of our reality we are given by God to create and enjoy for ourselves.!

What if we have the God given power to reorient ourselves from this poverty stricken program from within the mind and turn it off and simply experience God within and everywhere? Is it simply this easy like a light switch on the wall which turns light on or off?

I love how Malachi has stated “beginning of ignorance” which is the end of ignorance in teachings. Death is the devil of forgetfulness. The simple question comes to mind what is our desire for?

When walking in a state of separation from the One (or thinking you are) you walk as as singular person verse the contemplation of walking with God, co-creating with God the True Light and then a soul realizes the multidimensional aspect of the soul and experiences multiplicity of energy, Sparks of God coming and going from within! Praise God! Which one is for us? Which one do we choose?

Having made the decision within to chase God it seems we discovered this beginning has no ending just cycles of nearness of drawing closer to the Holy One of being!

Shabbat Shalom
Brian

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Saying 18 & 4

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Grace and peace toy you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Living Savior!

This is a lovely contemplation my brother, and it sparks a contemplation in my heart. As I encounter sayings from this gospel, or various passages from other scriptures, I marvel at how often it is like reading it for the very first time and there are entire new insights, or teachings and revelations the Holy Spirit gifts. This is certainly true in my reading of this saying today, which I find intimately connected with another saying of Thomas, Saying 4:

Yeshua said, ‘A person old in days will not hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and the person will live. For many of the first will be last and become a single one.’

Our beginning is in God Most High, the Infinite and Eternal One - the Absolute Light, Pleroma of Light - our inmost essence and being is drawn from the Essence and Being of the Most High, our very existence being the emanation of that True Existence, such that we live and move and have our being in the Eternal One - Yahweh - and have never been separate or apart from the Eternal One. Remembering this, realizing this, is to experience the truth of our bornless being, ‘eternal life,’ without beginning or end; hence ‘not to experience death.’

There is a teaching in the Holy Kabbalah concerning Adam Ha-Rishon - the First Human Being, the One Soul - that says that originally, before the division of Adam and Havvah, and the fall that followed, Adam was able to ‘see from the beginning of creation to the end of creation’, beholding all creation from Eden - the eternal realm. All souls that would appear in creation were contained in that One Soul, and therefore all souls hold that knowledge of creation and God. The Zohar teaches us that souls have intimate knowledge, understanding and wisdom of God before they descend into incarnation and forget the knowledge of God they hold, and goes on to share that as we come to faith and seek knowledge of God, as we study and contemplate the Holy Scriptures, and receive teachings, rather than learning things that are new to us that. In fact, we are remembering the knowledge of God our souls held in their origin, in the One Soul and Pleroma of Light.

Looking into the ‘beginning,’ inquiring of a ‘little child seven days old,’ speaks this truth, this reality, of the inner aspects of our soul having intimate knowledge of God through our innate oneness with God; as we go within, and go deeper inward, there may be the realization of the One Soul - Soul of the Messiah - and our innate oneness with the Eternal One; hence our becoming ‘a single one’ and ‘not experiencing death,’ but rather experiencing bornless being, enlightened being, supernal and divine. This, of course, corresponds with the realization of our holy neshamah and the interiors of neshamah - hayyah and yechidah - or our Divine Self, Divine I Am.

As we know, God is revealed to us as our Divine Self, that Divine Self being our knowledge of God.

Understand, the mind, consciousness or soul, in remembrance or forgetfulness, enlightenment or unenlightenment, in its essence and nature remains ever the same, and regardless of what arises, whether godly or ungodly, it does not change, much like God Most High is unchanged through the action of creation and involvement in creation through the Sefirot - Divine Attributes. Thus, though bound up in forgetfulness, the ignorance, the illusion of separation, and the self-grasping, desire and fear that arises in this unenlightened condition, in its essence and nature the soul remains supernal and divine - in the state of the ‘Great Natural Perfection.’

There is, indeed, the forgiveness of sin in Yeshua Messiah, but more so through the forgiveness of sin, or with it, there is the remembrance of our origin in the One Soul and the Eternal One, and our innate oneness with the Infinite and Eternal One - emanating from God Most High, naturally we eventually return to God Most High, reintegration with the Infinite Light being our ‘end.’

Here we may say, receiving the Messiah - our anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit - there is no losing it; even if we fall into forgetfulness and go astray eventually the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, will stir our soul to remembrance again, leading us in return to be One, for such is our true nature - it is supernal and divine, and it is Oneness with and in God, the True Light.

As one gnostic gospel teaches us, truly ‘sin and death have never substantially self-existed, but they exist in that our soul mingles with things as in adultery’ - in forgetfulness, the illusion of separation, the ‘twoness’ of self and what appears, or God and what appears. Whenever we return to be One - remember our innate oneness with the Messiah in God Most High - this illusory, dream-like display of ‘sin and death’ passes away in the awareness of the Holy One as the Only Reality; hence, that there is only the Holy One, and the Holy One alone - there is no other!

These were a few thoughts that were stirred as I read your contemplation and it seemed good to share them today.

Returning to be One may we abide in the remembrance of the Supernal One and keep awake! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gospel of St. Thomas”